Daily Dare 2008

Post anything new on Neopets here.
daisybell

Daily Dare 2008

Post by daisybell »

We had Daily Dare last year in March and now we have it again: http://www.neopets.com/games/aaa/daily_dare.phtml

This time there's a "plot" complete with cheesy Neovision video though I don't think it really makes a great deal of difference to the gameplay. It seems to be set up the same way again with the four prizes at the end- Ultimate, Uberiffic, Megasuperb and Spifftastic. Last year they were books and there were no trophies which was a bit of a disappointment. I think there's a new rule:
Even if you decide to take on AAA's score and come up short, you will automatically be credited for a win over Abigail if the score you send is higher than hers. However, when doing this, you will not receive either AAA or Abigail's daily prize for this game.
Abigail's prizes will be cheap though since lots of people will be able to beat her, so that's not a massive problem.

I do like the new items each day though I'm expecting the overall rewards to be small again like last year- though perhaps the plot part to it will mean that the end prizes will be bigger? The new items are fun anyway, so I'll still be playing. Unfortunately I'm going to be away at the end of the month without internet access, so I probably can't get any of the overall prizes and certainly won't manage to beat each game on its launch day.

Until Jellyneo update, here's a list of last year's daily item prizes for reference.

Oh, and it's Meepit Juice Break today.
Neopets wishlists: here
Fury

Re: Daily Dare 2008

Post by Fury »

Ace! The prize for beating AAA is Meepit Juice Break Background. *thumbs up*

It's in my shop for around 50k, if anyone is interested.
Clockworthy

Post by Clockworthy »

I actually got annoyed when I first saw that the Daily Dare was coming back.
But now it seems fun, since it's more than get a cheap prize...Wearables now included.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I hate Meepit Juice Break XD I got to 2300 points before dying one time, and just gave up on getting the 2700 needed for AAA and settled for the other one.
derp
Fury

Post by Fury »

Tips for Meepit Juice Break:

http://avatar.starried.net/indepth.php?id=218

I was getting rubbish scores before I read these tips; they helped me win the avatar with a score of 3,600. Good luck everyone!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

My first game was 2740, and I didn't send it, because I thought the score was 2750 :(

However, I just re-did a 2700+ score and won my challenge.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

meepit juice break is one of my worst games, so i only challenged abi and sent a 1700-something score.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I got 4116... I'm a little rusty. I love that game, though. And the background is so cute! I was excited when I saw it (although the fact that the red juice is going to the blue meepit bugs me).
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

My highest score in that game, ever, is about 2100, so there was no way I was going to top AAA tonight.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Hmm... 250 pts. to 2700 pts. is a rather big jump, isn't it? Anywhoo... Last year I don't recall ever being able to beat AAA, but I wasn't playing that much, either. This year's off to a good start, though! 2700 on Meepit Juice Break, easy. ^_^
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Wicked Wocky Wobble, ugh. My previous high score was 99, but I managed to get 214 tonight and beat AAA. I didn't realize before that you don't have to catch everything; you can ignore items without penalty. I guess the trick is to just stand mostly in one place, moving back and forth as slowly as you can so that the stack doesn't topple. Ignore items that are only worth a few points; go for books and the sunscreen and that spiky orange shell, stuff like that. I'm sure there's a real guide somewhere, but those tips were enough for me.
Spoiler: open/close
Congratulations, you won your challenge!
AAA has awarded you Wicked Wocky Wobble Helmet.
Clockworthy

Post by Clockworthy »

Cranberry wrote:Wicked Wocky Wobble, ugh. My previous high score was 99, but I managed to get 214 tonight and beat AAA. I didn't realize before that you don't have to catch everything; you can ignore items without penalty. I guess the trick is to just stand mostly in one place, moving back and forth as slowly as you can so that the stack doesn't topple. Ignore items that are only worth a few points; go for books and the sunscreen and that spiky orange shell, stuff like that. I'm sure there's a real guide somewhere, but those tips were enough for me.
Spoiler: open/close
Congratulations, you won your challenge!
AAA has awarded you Wicked Wocky Wobble Helmet.
Now, I didn't know about that, thanks. makes it much easier for a game I didn't really pay attention to.
Fury

Post by Fury »

As Cranberry stated, you don't have to catch everything. Don't bother with the 11point items (The green twirlyfruit and the large orange/yellow fruit) and try to go for the +22, +35(Jubjub, Kiko, Jetsam plushies), +50(faerie plushies) and +80(flashing items) and you should be fine!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Officer 1BDI wrote:My highest score in that game, ever, is about 2100, so there was no way I was going to top AAA tonight.
My 2700 was perfect, I cleared the first level completely like...3 times out of five Meepits.

You could have made it, with a little work :) No doubt about it.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Iggy wrote:
Officer 1BDI wrote:My highest score in that game, ever, is about 2100, so there was no way I was going to top AAA tonight.
You could have made it, with a little work :) No doubt about it.
My previous highest score was also around 2100 and I played all day before eventually giving up and submitting 2086 or so. Which was only 10 points more than my first score of the day, before I'd started trying to follow guides. Waste of bloody time.

Edit: I just went to do today's and saw that my score yesterday did *not* count as beating Abigail. Rawr! So angry. I knew there was no prize, and by that point I was so bloody sick of it, that I didn't check. I'm thinking now that I might go for the all AAA but not on launch day prize.