April Fool's?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

April Fool's?

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I don't know if this is THE Neopets April Fool's joke, but
Spoiler: open/close
there's a thing called NeoBuddy popping up leading to a quiz.

There have also been "bugs" with shops and Neohomes and such recently.
It's WAY too late for me to be up now, so I think I'm going to leave Neo at that for now. ~yawn~
Ailiel

Re: April Fool's?

Post by Ailiel »

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is the April Fool's thing this year, although so far I don't get the joke! It kept bugging me to take the "Neobuddy" quiz, so I did, and I was matched with "Bug Eye McGee", an aptly named Techo. He keeps popping up telling me to visit Coltzan's Shrine.

I guess it could be funny like "we implemented an annoying site feature that you can't turn off!" But I thought that the neopoints for page views thing was way more funny.

Ah well we'll see what happens.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Apparently everybody gets Bug Eye McGee. I haven't been on the site that much, so he's only popped up twice... not a very interesting joke.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Bug Eye McGee seems to be getting more and more enraged as time goes by, poor fella. I was amused by the joke this year, it was well implemented, but lacked the 'Oh my God Won't Somebody Think Of The Children' mass hysteria-enducing shock value of stunts like the Neocash or Nick Neopia April Fools jokes. Maybe we're just all used to TNT doing outlandish things for real now.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

His popup gets larger and larger the more times it appears, which amuses me. I wonder how big it will get...