Free Neocash

Post anything new on Neopets here.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Free Neocash

Post by mellaka »

People are posting on the Neoboards that you can get 150 free Neocash by clicking on the link at the top of this page:

http://ncmall.neopets.com/mall/shop.phtml?page=giveaway

It worked for me but I don't know if it is for all countries that can use the NC Mall or just for the U.S.

I hope it was OK to make a new topic. The customization one looked inactive for too long to bump. I also wasn't quite sure which section it should go in.
Last edited by mellaka on 10 Apr 2008 09:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EofS

Re: Free Neocash

Post by EofS »

Oooh, awesome. It just worked for me (UK) and I now have my first ever Neocash!

Thanks!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Just worked for me, too.

Now I sort of wish I'd saved the 150 free Neocash I got a few weeks ago from the scarab game, I could have gotten a background instead of two trinkets. But, I'm happy with my new WeeWoo bath, so oh well.

I think giving away free Neocash is actually a clever move on TNT's part. I'd never really seriously considered buying something from the NC Mall until I actually had some Neocash to spend and had to pick something out. Now I have almost $10 worth of stuff I'd like to buy...
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Ooh..neat!..Thanks!

I wonder if this would be okay on a side account..D:..
Image Image
ImageImage
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Goldenchaos wrote:Ooh..neat!..Thanks!

I wonder if this would be okay on a side account..D:..
I would say yes because you can't sell Neocash or Neocash items. But who knows what TNT is thinking? :P
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Goldenchaos wrote:I wonder if this would be okay on a side account..D:..
I'm leaning towards no... I mean, with other giveaways you can only do them on your main, right? Adi's got a good point that you can't sell/trade Neomall items, but I'd rather be safe than sorry :?

I collected mine, but neo seems to be acting up, so I'll have to shop some other time :P
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Cool, thanks for the heads-up. Looking at the shops for the first time, though, all the stuff I'd be interested in buying seems to be 200NC (heh, probably by design ;) )
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

i don't know if i'm more in shock that neo said it's ok to collect on side accounts, or that they answered the question so quickly, but someone found it in the FAQs:
10. Is it ok to collect the free 150 NC on my side account?

Yes, you may collect the free 150 NC on your side accounts.
link to FAQs here
EofS

Post by EofS »

I can't think of anything which doesn't gain you NP which you can't do on a side account, so I'm not that surprised that you can do this too. That said, it's still fantastic to have this confirmed. I'm sure I can find stuff I'll want on each account.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I don't like that it says on "your side accountS" as opposed to "on one of your accounts, whether it's your main or your side is up to you" or whatever.

It makes me wonder if you can have 150NC per account :P
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Madge wrote:I don't like that it says on "your side accountS" as opposed to "on one of your accounts, whether it's your main or your side is up to you" or whatever.

It makes me wonder if you can have 150NC per account :P
I think that's the point: I think you CAN have 150 NC per account. I mean, you can't transfer the items between accounts, and you can't sell the items for NP. So there's no benefit to getting it on your side except to dress up the pets on the side.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

This is awesome. I can't decide what to do with my main account NC yet, but I spent my side account stuff: Vihane looks cool now.

Edit: They got me... I had to buy $5 NC so I could get the mine earrings and the leggings, too... and a background for my hissi. Very good marketing ploy.
Last edited by Cranberry on 11 Apr 2008 09:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I really, really hope it is 150NC per account - that would be awesome. I probably only have, like, 1 pet per account that would benefit from these items anyway.

However I'm still too worried to pick it up on other accounts. I wonder how long the offer will stay live for?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I was attempting to actually /find/ the mall last night (the NC Mall option on the side bar seems to like...randomly disappear and hell if I know where to look to find it) and came across the NC Mall FAQ. I was shocked to see it had been updated and had a statement saying that it was perfectly fine to collect the 150NC on side accounts.

I bought some stuff for my side account guys that had been forced to convert . I wish I could have afforded some of the backgrounds though as nothing else excites me all that much. Still, its awfully nice of them to do this.

Edit:
The NC Mall is currently not available in your country.
Please keep an eye out on the news to see when it will become available in your country.
I keep getting that error when I try to buy an item. It wouldn't be odd...except my country is US :?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.