What the hell did they do to QuickRef?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

What the hell did they do to QuickRef?

Post by Wingsrising »

As the subject line says. Now instead of all 4 pets it only displays your active pet (in large form) and then little tiny cropped versions of you other pets with dropdown menus.

I have to think about this, but my initial reaction is that I'm not pleased. I like being able to see all my pets at once.

In the extremely unlikely event that this is a precursor to giving us an option for a 5th pet, then I forgive them.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: What the hell did they do to QuickRef?

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I actually rather like it a lot. I like the dropdown menus especially. It's tidier and makes more sense as far as "what to do with my pets right now." I don't feel like I'm going to accidentally click on something wrong now, and things are easier to get to.

But I can see the valid dislike anyone else has.
varii

Post by varii »

I am mixed. My first reaction was 'OMGBBQ, FAIL.' But it has grown on me. If it weren't for the 3/4 chance that it breaks my browser, I might even really like it.
rei @ neopets
Madge

Post by Madge »

If you click on the small pictures of your other pets, they will show up underneath your active pet. I wish there was a way to set as default that you want all your pets visible, though.

I'm kinda sad to see quickref go, though, as it has been more or less the same since I started playing the site all those years ago. But the way it is now matches a lot more with the theme of the site than the old one.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I didn't like the huge pet/little pet thing they had going on prior to this change, so I don't mind it.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I don't especially care one way or the other, and I can see myself getting to like this. Some of the things on the menu I will never use (send a photo?) but all the ones I do use are there, and easier to find now.

It's a little ugly, but... dare I say it? There's easily room for more than 4 pets now...
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

oogabooga wrote: It's a little ugly, but... dare I say it? There's easily room for more than 4 pets now...
Yep, that's what I was thinking when I said that if this was a lead-up to us getting more than 4 pets, I forgive them.

I may just have to get used to it. I do miss being able to see all 4 pets, whether they're sick or well, and what they're wearing on one screen, though. I feel like I see my non-active pets less often this way.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

There's also no longer a great big "this pet needs to be converted" link, so it's not at all possible to accidentally click it. Which can only be a good thing. The little thing in the notices box actually uses the original sad pose, which is my favourite grey wocky pose, and it makes me happy that it's not totally gone from the site.

It does seem a bit odd at first, but I think I'll get used to it- I think it is an improvement on the old design, unlike some of the other recent layout changes- inventory, for example. At first I had thought you needed to make a pet active before you could do anything to its petpet or look at its stats, and that would have been annoying and stupid, but you don't so that's fine.
Neopets wishlists: here
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Wingsrising wrote: I may just have to get used to it. I do miss being able to see all 4 pets, whether they're sick or well, and what they're wearing on one screen, though. I feel like I see my non-active pets less often this way.
I kind of felt that way at first, too. But then I realized I can always go to my lookup to see them all at once, if I really want to.

I also hadn't really looked at the drop-down menu before I posted last night. I like that they added options to edit your pet's page and lookup there - it's so much easier to find now. As someone who's in a big guild, I can't tell you how many times I've been asked where to find that info by newer players.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I actually kind of like it. I agree about the new edit homepage and lookup buttons, when the site revamped I couldn't find them for the longest time.
Though I don't like how the big flash picture is used now, since I have an animated background on one pet that I don't like waiting to load, but she's never my active so it's not a good argument XD

Also, a little off topic but it's about another change, did anyone notice that they put how much NC you have up in the top bar next to your name and NP?
derp
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Kari wrote: Also, a little off topic but it's about another change, did anyone notice that they put how much NC you have up in the top bar next to your name and NP?
I did. I'm constantly looking at it and thinking, "Oh, no! I only have 250 NP out!" before I realize it's NC.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

Huh. My gut instinct is to flail about how Change Is Bad On Neopets (in all fairness it usually is) but I can see myself getting accustomed to this.

And, yes. More pet space. Lots more. Combine-my-accounts more. Get on it, team.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I feared the worst, but this really works for me. It's easy to get prettyful unblurry big images of all my pets, the dropdown boxes work... and it opens the possibility of extra pet spaces *daydreams*
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

daisybell wrote:There's also no longer a great big "this pet needs to be converted" link, so it's not at all possible to accidentally click it. Which can only be a good thing. The little thing in the notices box actually uses the original sad pose, which is my favourite grey wocky pose, and it makes me happy that it's not totally gone from the site.
I both like and hate this - happy there's no longer a giant ass link, but I'm irritated that they think my pet is sad over not being converted >_> Inu wants to stay a grandfathered faerie draik thank you.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

I would've enjoyed it if it didn't make my computer wanna die.

Can anyone tell me why everything dealing with the customizing screen or things similar now cause my computer to crawl to the point of me having to press the off button? ಠ__ಠ
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029