New pound with transferring feature going live Monday!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: New pound with transferring feature going live Monday!

Post by Jessi »

News is up - here's what it has to say:
SORRY! *hides* We want to apologize for not being able to launch the pound today. We really did think we would be able to, but we will be launching it tomorrow after we make sure it won't blow up the site. (You may have noticed some site trouble earlier, which was due to the pound.) :-( Trust us, we want the pound back as much as you do.
Eh, oh well. What's one more day, right? I'd rather see the site not die and the pound go up than have the site be down and the pound be completely useless xD So another day of waiting...
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Sigh. Another late night in store. I just hope they've got it right this time around.
I'd rather see the site not die and the pound go up than have the site be down and the pound be completely useless xD
You're right, of course. I just have a feeling that the majority of Neopia won't see it that way, given that they apparently lack the insight to differentiate between "mistake" and "lie".

And I dreamt last night that it was up, too.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Perhaps TNT should take to announcing things like "You are not prepared for what we have in store for this week!" - so that they don't say exactly when or what it is. Kind of like customisation.

At least then they won't be labeled liars. *rolls eyes*
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

You can now preview the pound again, though you can't adopt yet:

http://www.neopets.com/pound/adopt.phtml
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Hmm. I think it's a bit of a mistake to strip all clothes from pets. It's happening to the basic Usuls and Bruces, which didn't occur to me before - I assumed it would only affect the obvious pets, like Royal or Desert. While I think the Usuls are okay without their bows, the Bruces look distinctly odd and naked without theirs.
Rainbow Daydreamer

According to the HC, adoptions (not transfers) are now possible!
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

The pound has been added to the "Pet Central" dropdown menu.

Transfers are working too, I just transferred my orange grundo. I don't remember whether this was covered in the FAQ, but it costs 1000np for the sending account and whatever the adoption cost would have been for the receiving account.
Last edited by oogabooga on 29 Apr 2008 08:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

*sigh* TNT froze all of the pets I had in the pound, even the unpainted but well-named Gnorbu I put in there on Saturday. I don't think I've seen a decently named pet in the pound yet.

...But at least it's open?

ETA: PPT forumers say there are some painted and well-named pets in there (or there were), so I stand corrected.

(In all seriousness, I do wonder what they're doing with all of the "frozen" pets.)

ETA 2: I just transferred my first pet, and it went off without a hitch! *happy dance* It cost me 1000 NP to start the transfer and my side account 300 NP to adopt her (she's an Electric Ogrin and a former lab rat, for reference), so make sure both accounts have some NP. The receiver also has 3 days to accept or reject the pet, and you cannot adopt or create a new pet before that decision has been made.

...Oh, and you can not transfer Lutaris (guess it's good that I didn't want to transfer my own, then, but c'mon TNT).
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 29 Apr 2008 09:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

o_O why couldnt they just get rid of all the horribly named pets intead of the good ones? That makes no sense
Image Image
ImageImage
Kari

Post by Kari »

This is great, though it took a bit of running around to move one of my pets off my main to a side because of her cost. I'm just curious now if "once a month" means every calendar month, or every 30 days. Also, if an account sends out a Neopet, can they accept one from someone? Or does the "one transfer" apply to sending and accepting?
derp
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I just successfully transfered my faerie Pteri over from my main so I'd have room for a new pet and I'm still kinda boggling over how easy it was. I have to keep looking at her on her new account, just because there was no frantic rush to make sure I caught her and all. xD

Huggles, I too have former acquaintances who are reporting record low temps and massive amounts of ice in hell. o.o

I can't imagine why they froze all of the well-named pets in the pound. I did a quick trip through our 'names in the pound' thread and I didn't find a single unfrozen pet. And having just checked that thread yesterday, to see if there were any names I wanted to fish out today, it feels odd to see them all freshly frozen.

I can't imagine what the point was. I spent a few minutes pound surfing earlier, and saw, quite possibly, the worst named pets I've ever seen. And yeah, Jazzy, it is weird to see non-bowed Bruces. o.0

Ah well, I am quite, quite grateful for the transfer ability. *applauds*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

yay pound! *bounces* Hopefully i'll have a grandfathered grey acara to call my own very soon...! *Crosses fingers*

Does anyone know if the quick adopt link still works?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Kari wrote:Also, if an account sends out a Neopet, can they accept one from someone? Or does the "one transfer" apply to sending and accepting?
Yes, an account that has transferred a pet out can accept a transfer from another account. :)

I'm going to test the month limit this Thursday; someone wants to adopt a spare hissi I have and I told them I'd try to transfer on the 1st. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll work....
Rainbow Daydreamer

I wish they'd tell us when they're going to release the pets on that programmer's account, or even why they're there. It's not exactly good for them to keep quiet when it's the question on everyone's lips.

Now I'm just waiting to move a foster out so I can pick up a new one. New. Foster. Wow.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

*CHEERS!*

I'm so happy! Transferring worked perfectly for me, and the person I contacted nearly a year ago about adopting the grey acara from came through - Jiornei is now on my account! XDD

This is the most active I've been on Neopets in ages xD I can't wait to spend today and tomorrow organizing my accounts and playing in the pound... yay!