New pound with transferring feature going live Monday!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Aqua

Re: New pound with transferring feature going live Monday!

Post by Aqua »

I just tried it out.. Sent proginoskes to an alt and Leviathana to my main. :D Yay.
FaithHeart

Post by FaithHeart »

From the faqs and what I have heard from owners who have lost some paintbrush clothes in transfers (they stayed on the transferring account not the receiving account) only the clothes that go with the current paint job of the pet will transfer no matter what your pet is wearing from another previous paintbrush.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I transfered my striped kyrii - which had Lost Desert accessories - to my side account and the accessories did not transfer with her. So that answers the question, I think.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Well that's annoying. >.<

My lab pet/Boochi guard on my main has spent quite some time acquiring Uni paint brush clothing, since I keep her as a Uni whilst zapping, and I'd planned to at least send all of her robot clothing when she moved to make room for Chaffey to come be pretty and play Boochi guard to all the grandfathered pets on that account. Unless my lab rat is some color I like more she wears her robot gear constantly, and I'll be quite annoyed to have to wait for another robot zap to replace it. *grumble mutter complain*

In the greater scheme of things, yes, I know, but it's still going to make moving multiple brush color pets a serious pain. In which vein, I suppose I won't be moving Lilting any time soon as she's a ghost pet wearing halloween shtuff. xD
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Hm, yeah, they did reword some of the FAQs, didn't they.
You can transfer one Neopet to another user each month. You can also accept one transfer from another user during each month. Each Neopet can only be transferred once per day.
So the "24 hours exactly" thing is probably right.
What goes with my Neopet when I use the Transfer option?

Everything except NC Mall items and Battledome equipment. This means that your Neopet takes his Petpet, Paint Brush clothes (for the colour he is currently painted), and buyable wearables with him.
Bleh. That makes this whole thing a lot less cool... I have a lab pet who's gotten lots of neat PB clothing, and I was hoping I could dress her up in it if I ever wanted to move her.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

So, I learned two things today:

1) The monthly transfer limit DOES roll over on the first of the month (yay!)

2) It turns out your painted pet's clothes only go with them if they're WEARING the clothes at the time. Yeah, I should have thought that was obvious, but given TNT's note about painted clothes I just assumed that they would travel with her automatically. I transferred my Christmas Kacheek with only her scarf on (didn't occur to me to change her) and her hat and mittens aren't on the new account. Now I'll have to transfer her back and forth to move them over. >_<
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

People are noticing that half the time they search for pets to adopt, the search is coming up empty.

This worries me a lot. I know I should technically be happy there are no pets without homes, but after a year waiting to be a foster parent again, is the Pound going to be completely emptied by the time I have a free slot? How long is the small number of pets that the HeartBreiker didn't take going to last? Will I ever get a new foster?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Lark

Post by Lark »

The new transfer feature is great ^_^ My friend who doesn't play anymore( and introduced me to these forums) gave me her unconverted plushie ixi. TNT really did the transfer thing right. As for the pound, it still seems to have some bugs.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Cranberry wrote:Hm, yeah, they did reword some of the FAQs, didn't they.
You can transfer one Neopet to another user each month. You can also accept one transfer from another user during each month. Each Neopet can only be transferred once per day.
So the "24 hours exactly" thing is probably right.
Grr apparently the 24 hour thing isn't correct, at least for now. I lent a valued pet to a friend and she hasn't been able to transfer it back, despite it being more than a day now. She's also very annoyed about it since she trains through KQ and my pet is stealing her battler's stats. I would've never lent my pet so early in the month if I knew there was a glitch about trading it back after a day.

If it wasn't an unconverted Darigan Zafara, which I painted myself, and also my Booktastic Book reader, I would risk the pound. But ... no.

This was addressed in the editorial, but I didn't see it in time.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:People are noticing that half the time they search for pets to adopt, the search is coming up empty.

This worries me a lot. I know I should technically be happy there are no pets without homes, but after a year waiting to be a foster parent again, is the Pound going to be completely emptied by the time I have a free slot? How long is the small number of pets that the HeartBreiker didn't take going to last? Will I ever get a new foster?

Yeah, I need some clairification on this one too. I see that unconverted, LE's, non-basic color pets, etc. are collected in a giant frozen database. Did they ever disclose what they would do with the thousands of dumped, but desired pets? The article only seemed to cover the transfer feature, as well as crappy pets available for immediate adoption.

Not that I'd expect them to be consisce about a direct question, but yeah....

I was trying to get out my unconverted desert aisha that was intercepted, and then repounded. Now I'm wondering will they just wipe all these good pets from existance to free up the names perhaps?
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Your questions shall not remain unanswered :)

From this week's NT editorial:
A gal I know put one of her Neopets in the Pound quite some time ago. The day before the Pound re-opened, the Neopet's lookup showed it as being in the Pound, as it should be. Now that the Pound has re-opened, the Neopet isn't there. If I look it up, I get a "The owner of this Neopet has had their account frozen" message. I realize it’s possible that someone else who was just as excited about the Pound re-opening as I am went just as quickly to the Pound as I did upon the re-opening, got the Neopet first, then immediately got their account frozen. However, given the timeframe and the fact that I’ve seen some posts saying similar things on the NeoBoards, I’m doubting the someone-else-got-that-Neopet-right-before-I-got-to-the-Pound-and-then-immediately-got-frozen scenario a bit. Is there some kind of glitch going on with the Pound? Are some Neopets "stuck"? Thanks a bunch, TNT! ~spiritsearch

Part of the issue with the Pound opening is that there was an insane number of Neopets backlogged in the Pound. And we mean like, millions. x_X That's what caused the instability that the site experienced. We couldn't release the Pound until the next day because we had to transfer those Neopets out of the Pound (and that's a very slow process). We're going to continue to try and release those frozen Neopets slowly back into the Pound to avoid making the site asplode. Hopefully, all will go well. *fingers crossed*
There were some other less interesting pound related questions in there, too- have a handy link.
Neopets wishlists: here
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

NOTICE: You can now securely exchange Neopets between accounts. If you go to the last step of the transfer process you will see a line below the Neopet asking if you would prefer to exchange Neopets instead of using a transfer.
I haven't tried it yet, but there you go. Whooptydoo.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I saw that yesterday. People on the boards were complaining about it because when they used it to transfer pets, the clothes didn't go with (like this one person who was transferring for a royal krawk and got it naked). So be careful if you use the feature, guys. The people in the pound chat should know whether or not it's currantly working right.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yep, and I've heard a few reports of "naked robots" too, glitching off their casings when transferred. :-(

*has another reference to "Naked Robot" totally G-rated and completely unrelated - it's a music reference*
Rah

Post by Rah »

From Sunnyneo:

'Neopets has made an important alteration to the Pound. When transferring a painted pet which normally comes with clothing, such as pirate, desert or island. Your transferred pet will now always take these deluxe clothes with him in the transfer, even if the pet is not actually wearing the clothes. The only way to move a pet with deluxe clothes to another account without the clothing set, is to pound the pet. Our Neopian Pound guide has been updated accordingly."