The rainbow pool

Post anything new on Neopets here.
daisybell

The rainbow pool

Post by daisybell »

I don't know when it was done, but it seems to have been updated: http://www.neopets.com/pool/all_pb.phtml

It only shows male pets (boo) but from this we should be able to complete that half of the pet database, and also put in any new pets when they're released.

Slightly off topic, but I noticed that Sunnyneo were able to find out in advance what the colours for a pet day would be, complete with the gobbledygook image urls... I have no idea how they're doing it, and I guess they wouldn't like to share, but I'm curious.
Neopets wishlists: here
oogabooga

Re: The rainbow pool

Post by oogabooga »

Oh, good! I went ahead and did all the male pets we were missing, except for the camouflage lupe, which for some reason has this image:
I suppose it is camouflage, in a sense...
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

oogabooga wrote:Oh, good! I went ahead and did all the male pets we were missing, except for the camouflage lupe, which for some reason has this image:
Sorry, what exactly is wrong with that image?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:
oogabooga wrote:Oh, good! I went ahead and did all the male pets we were missing, except for the camouflage lupe, which for some reason has this image:
Sorry, what exactly is wrong with that image?
I was wondering the same thing, until I went in to work (where I didn't have the camouflage Lupe from the news in the cache).

Try clearing your cache, you'll see a Lupe which is totally invisible except for the eyes and mouth. :-)
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

But that isn't the lupe in the news, is it? The one in the news isn't the "real thing", it's effectively a photo- it's a totally different size and url.

I've cleared my cache, tried in different browsers and still I get the usual camouflage lupe looking totally normal.
Neopets wishlists: here
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I get the normal one too, now. Okay, I guess they fixed it :P But before it was, as Wings said, just the eyes and mouth.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Ooh, this is good news. It'll be a lot easier now we only have to fill in female pets from pet lookups.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Apologies for double-posting, but this is interesting: not all pets are at the rainbow pool, but that doesn't necessarily have any bearing on whether that pet is obtainable. We have URLs for faerie and camo Myncis so people must have them, but they're not in the Rainbow Pool. Does anyone know if these pets are lab-ray only? They shouldn't be but might well be if they aren't in the pool - it's quite possible they won't be valid options for painting.

It wouldn't surprise me if other pets were missing, too; these are just the two I noticed while clearing out false database entries.