Neopets' 1000th Game

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Neopets' 1000th Game

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

New game

I'm a bit mystified, to be honest. After all the fuss they made about it in the news, this game is downright ugly to look at, and without a very exciting concept (they don't even make an attempt at giving it a backstory. Heck, even the Acara watching Adver-Video is called Samo, for goodness' sake.) However, they talk as if it's something much anticipated since way-back-when, so perhaps some older players might know more about it? Or is that another of TNT's jokes like "We're sure nobody has ever heard any stories about evil Meepits before... until now?"

Edit: And the payout's awful.
Last edited by Rainbow Daydreamer on 30 May 2008 07:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Neopets' 1000th Game

Post by Wingsrising »

This isn't a new game: Techo Says is an older game that was removed from the site several years ago. (I think it's in the games graveyard now.)

I wasn't around then but someone on PPT said that Techo Says was the first flash game ever. If this true than resurrecting it as the site's 1000 game is presumably a joke on TNT's part.

I used to like Techo Says. It used to pay better, though.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I don't see how they can count remaking old games count as complete new ones, but to each their own I guess.

I'm surprised they didn't "update" the game in any way though, as the artwork for it is rather old and outdated. That said, I am also happy they didn't, as I haven't liked a single remake of any of the games Neo has done.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I thought it was funny! I remembered playing Techo Says when I was 12 (shit, 8 years ago now), so it made me smile to see it in the news.

YAY for Techo says!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I was gonna make a post similar to this. I didn't know they were trying to pass it off as a "new" game. But it just went to the graveyard, unannounced 5 years ago. with no sequels (Thank God)
The payout *is* relatively crappy, but my best friend and I were deadlocked on who was better at this game. She vowed to beat me, when we were both 18....she still hasn't :P.

I never played this game for the points. It's just an extremely hard version of Simon, that's so challenging, the payout for once is irrelevent. We both love this game, and we're glad that they kept the flat, 1.0 drawings and the voices.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Webby

Post by Webby »

I'm slightly confused too.
The description of the game states:
Techo Says: Experience Techo Says like you've never seen it before! The Neopian classic has been restyled for the ultimate gaming challenge. Following directions has never been so fun!
It says it's been restyled, but I swear that it looks awfully similar to Neo's old-style drawings, and they've got all of the old versions of the pets that pop-up. I've never played the game before but I don't see how it could have been 'restyled for the ultimate gaming challenge'.

But hey, i'm not complaining (well, I was but that's not the point), it takes about two minutes to get 500np or so! Yay.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Yeah, they didn't touch it. It's exactly the same as I remember it.

I'm pretty sure it was the first ever flash game.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Did a Techo always come out and throw things at you as you were playing? I don't remember that.

I'm pretty sure the whole thing is a joke, though, based around it being the first flash game. (Actually, I think it's worn pretty well. I always loved the way the little pets said their names.)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yes, it did always throw things at you and I hated him almost as much as the dog that laughed at you in Duck Hunt.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Huggles wrote:Yes, it did always throw things at you and I hated him almost as much as the dog that laughed at you in Duck Hunt.

....Did you always try to shoot that damn dog? :D
My cousin broke the closing cap on the NES because he was so pissed everytime the dog laughed when the game was over. We were like 8.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy