Altador Cup III

Post anything new on Neopets here.
adi_gallia

Re: Altador Cup III

Post by adi_gallia »

I should have came here before picking a team. I wasn't expecting them to be little animated characters. They're all so cute! :D But I wish I could have seen them all first and picked the cutest team. I went for Roo Island as I did last year though.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I finally decided on Shenkuu after playing a few games. I scored the most with them, and I like their colors.
derp
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I joined Shenkuu again, as that was my team last year and I had fun playing with them. I haven't attempted the game yet though xD I guess I should go do that, since its changed.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I joined Darigan again this year and after the initial surprise of the changed game, was able to score 6-0 after about 4-5 games. So I stopped practicing because I don't want to get sick of it already.

I agree that the snow yooyu is nearly impossible now; I've always had trouble with that one though. Faerie seemed to work fine and I hadn't had a Darigan or Mutant one in my practice games.

The animations are cute but I find the hissi annoying. I like the gelert the best as far as looks - being red he really sticks out - but find the hissi easier to score with. I think the buzz was the hardest, even worse than the slow bruce. And looking at the stats page, I wonder if it's going to matter which players we score with.
Goals Scored 0
Goals by Layton Vickles 0
Goals by Tormo "The Terror" Frein 0
Goals by Kep Bonnefie 0
Goals by Tandrak Shaye 0
Saves by Reshar Collifey 0
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

Omg I'm so bad at this game! I didn't remember I could play so badly! Maybe After some practice I could win a little more but I'll probably get bored too soon. I didn't have much trouble with the fire or snow yooyu but that metal one (I don't know how it's called) is nearly impossible to get into the goal! I'm almost feeling bad for the team I'll join, which I couldn't decide yet.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ugh I don't like the new Yooyuball :( The new in-game characters are cute but distracting.
The new game seems really sluggish to respond to controls. It's very finicky about switching players when you roll over them.
I think I'll be playing "keep away" this year for most of the games if I manage to score a goal in the beginning.

I joined Mystery Island :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
ihsh

Post by ihsh »

I joined Krawk Island!!
My neo account is ihsh.I come from Taiwan, and is learning French and English
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I might give the game another go. I've got just under two weeks before I go away on holiday so I've got time to actually play this year, and even when I am on holiday I have internet access {yay for staying with internet obssessed friends for two weeks} where the computer is a bit faster.

I do love the character animations though, didn't realise that was in the game this year before I picked Mystery Island. Hopefully they get further than the last few years.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Yeah... I'm out. I suck at these games.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

For anyone having trouble with the new Yooyuball, here is an awesome guide. Without it I could barely manage a goal, but now I'm getting closer to the 9-0 games I got used to the last two years.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Wow it turns out the new avatar is real. Some people have gotten in it by playing -- though actually being able to play already was probably a glitch. But I've seen two different people post on the Neoboards using it.
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

Phibby wrote:For anyone having trouble with the new Yooyuball, here is an awesome guide. Without it I could barely manage a goal, but now I'm getting closer to the 9-0 games I got used to the last two years.
Great guide, thanks for posting!
Even I am able to get a few goals now! :D
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Am I the only person on Neopets who had no idea there was a "glitch" going on and thought the tournaments were legitimately supposed to start today? >_>
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

No, you're not. I didn't even know there was a "glitch" until I saw your post, actually (and then read the news afterward). Whoops.

And that guide is really helpful. I mean, I'm still horrible, but I actually got *some* goals using it as opposed to none before. The snow one is especially annoying for me; I always think it'll have time, and then the goalie gets it. xP (playing for Shenkuu)
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

That guide even helped me :P I practiced with Darigan and that's who I'll be joining, I guess. I suppose the game will be harder playing against the actual teams rather than the practice team...
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}