Altador Cup III

Post anything new on Neopets here.
EofS

Re: Altador Cup III

Post by EofS »

I've hardly been playing this tournament, so it's taken me until now to realise that the reason people are managing such impressive scores is that now the game isn't capped at 9 goals. Ooooh. Given how hard it was to get 10 last year, I was somewhat astonished so many people were reaching double digits.

In other words, it's taken me until now to manage 9 goals ;0) Which quickly turned into 12 goals. I suppose not entirely surprising it's taken so long when I'm usually playing one game a day, and late at night that one.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I think my max score is still stuck at 7 :P

Here's a funny little detail I just noticed: We're playing Faerieland today (oh how that team's animated wings slow my computer down even more), and the Zafara player's right ear flaps about quite alarmingly when they are walking across the pitch (away from view). When they're walking the other way across the pitch this doesn't happen. Also, Shenkuu's Zafara's ears do not behave in a similar fashion. Odd (but rather cool) that little details like this were added to the sprites.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Does anyone else read the Altador Cup news they post? I noticed the a few days ago that they had a story about Roo Island's Eyrie, Jair Tollet, and they were referring to it as male. I thought something was wrong, it looks very female, when I went back to the story today they've changed it and they've referred to Jair as a female now. They've also changed the picture slightly as the other one depicted the Eyrie looking quite masculine.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Jair always was a female. The writer made a mistake
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Not a bad day for me. I got to 200 wins, made rank 4, and am now averaging 8.24 goals/game. Played a little bit of Slushie Slinger, just to get me to a more round number (5) - I HATE that game. Played MSN up to 45 and will eventually go up to 50, but the game doesn't interest me enough.

{eta}
Wh00t! I was so close to 16, though, dammit!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Anyone had a game like this before?

The game works perfectly normally, with the exception that all players face backward, walk backward towards the ball and dribble, shoot and save backwards. Bizarre!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

xD I got that once, ..I almost wonder if its on purpose
Image Image
ImageImage
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

It took a lot of games before I got that glitch but I finally got it the other day. I thought it was kind of cool. =P The one where your players are super-fast is interesting too.

Anyway, I'm currently level 18 (1765 YYB, 30 SS, 70 MSN) and am hoping to get to all-star by the end of the weekend. I don't mind YYB but hate not getting any of my other usual Neo stuff done, not to mention stuff on other sites. My shop is so neglected and I even hate taking the time to do Kitchen Quests lately.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

So, just out of curiosity, when does the tournament end? I've looked around a bit (though not much, admittedly) to see when I should get around to getting at least 50 games in, but I didn't have any luck.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I think its around the 20-22nd
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Meanwhile, I'm just delighted I finally got to 50 games and got my avatar. I played 9 games tonight (I lost 2 due to Internet glitches) and my hand feels very cramped (I suspect when the neurologist said using it was good for it that Yooyuball was not what he had in mind.

I think I'm done until the finals.
moonsyne

Post by moonsyne »

I'm FIVE games away from level 20.
I never thought I'd make it!
.. Especially taking a week long vacation with no web access.
Image Image
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Mystery Island in the 3rd bracket? :shock: But we were meant to get 6th! (again)

Saying that I've played 100 games, got to rank 2 and I'm happy with that. Next year I'll aim for rank 3 and the year after rank 4.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Hm..scores you send at the moment arent counting towards your total. This is most ..annoying as I was aiming for Rank 6
Image Image
ImageImage
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Scores are working now. I just scraped my way to 100 wins and I'm leaving it at that.