Altador Cup III

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Altador Cup III

Post by Officer 1BDI »

If the closing of the first two seasons' shops and this week's featured editorial article are any indication, then the third annual Altador Cup is slated to start up soon; possibly as soon as next week.

So, which team are you thinking of joining? Shenkuu's looking pretty tempting right now, but unless TNT decides to completely dismantle last year's team, I'll probably stay loyal to Roo Island.
Kari

Re: Altador Cup III

Post by Kari »

I'll probably go with Darigan or Haunted Woods this year. They always seem to perform well. I think before I've been with Maraqua and Meridell...can't really remember.

Aw man, I won't have as much free time this year to play endless games of Yooyuball to get points :wink:
derp
EofS

Post by EofS »

Euro 2008 kicks off next Saturday (7th of June) so it's quite possible the Altador Cup will too - at least I remember the first one coinciding with the kick-off of the World Cup.

I'll also have less free time to help my team this year, boo. But I will still proudly be supporting Lost Desert. Until that late surge from Shenkuu, we were doing really well last year.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Quite probably Shenkuu again this year since they did surprisingly well for me last year. Depends who's on the team (hah, like it makes any difference :P )
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I don't know ..:( I LOVE Roo Island, but if Kreludor comes back, I might join them.

Strangely I feel like Id be betraying RI if I switched teams.
Image Image
ImageImage
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Roo Island, almost certainly. I've played for them the last two years and I'd need a really good reason not to play for them again.

I might miss some of the cup, though, as I'm away with no internet for the last weekend in June and most of the first couple of weeks of July.
Neopets wishlists: here
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I asked to recover my self-frozen account, and should I get it on time, Roo Island on that one.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Roo Island probably. I was with them the first two times and I don't see why I'm going to switch teams now. Hopefully I'll be more active this time around than last time
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I can't actually play Yooyuball to save my life. Which is a shame, because I'd love to play for that misfit team (I forget, now, which one it was. Maybe Krawk Island?) I just can't get the hang of controlling five pieces at once in this sort of game. However, I seem to be alone in thinking that wasn't a good concept, judging by the levels of excitement on the boards.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Rainbow Daydreamer, you don't actually have to do them all at once :P I just control whoever is closest to the ball if it gets away, otherwise I usually stick to the same person the entire game and just have him run around the field.

I'll either be on Mystery Island or Faerieland, not sure which yet. I know those teams have very little chance of ever actually winning, but they are my favorite colors on the site so I figure I should support them. I didn't play much last year and I probably won't this year, but it will be something to do when Subeta dies :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

I'll probably support Krawk Island this year, since whichever team wins there seems to be a paint brush associated with it given as a prize, and a friend of mine has been saving forever for a pirate paint brush.

I have to wonder what they'd give for Altador, Shenkuu, Kreludore, Roo Island, or Kiko Lake. I guess fro Kreludor it could be the Split, Orange or Purple paint brushes. Roo Island might have Rainbow or Plushy...

I also wonder if they'd give another Robotification Ray should the Space Station be playing and win. I suspect, though, that the Space Station will be out this year due to the Sloth Plot.

I keep hoping someday they'll make Lutari Island available to everyone so that group could play and make the teams even.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Like everyone else, I'm going to be missing a whole lot of this probably. But, I'll be faithfully staying with Mystery Island again this year, we almost made it to the top 4 last year, we can do it!! I really want to try and do well this year, The Altador Cup is the last thing that gives out decent prizes nowadays.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I've played for Darigan in both cups and I'll probably play for them again this year. I'm tempted by RI and Shenkuu both, and I may yet switch, but like Silver I think I'll feel disloyal if I change teams.

Which is weird, but there you have it. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

If my internet gets up and running by then, and if I feel motivated to wander back to Neo more than once every two months like I have been lately, I'll be playing for Roo Island again, like I have for the past two years.
Subeta
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I've also played for Darigan for the first two years and plan to stick with them again.

I'm curious whether they will do anything to change the game up this year - like they added another yooyu or two last year (I can't remember specifics).