KeyQuest Now Open!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Bif

KeyQuest Now Open!

Post by Bif »

KeyQuest was released in Beta form today.

It hasn't as yet loaded for me but you can win prizes and np from it. You also recieve a free token to play it with at the beginning of the game.

Jellyneo has a lot more information on it.

Let me know if any of you get into it!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: KeyQuest Now Open!

Post by mellaka »

I have premium so I've been able to play in beta for a couple of weeks now. There's really not much to the game itself and it can be slow-moving at times, but the prizes, which have just been activated, are pretty cool. I got about 20 different items, including codestones, stamps, backgrounds, books and furniture, for the five or so games I played. I also imagine that it could be fun if more people are playing together - I've only played 2-player so far.

I'm so happy to see TNT finally doing something about codestones, though am a little annoyed that I lost about 200k in stamp value for stamps I stock in my shop.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I've been trying to get onto this thing on-and-off for the last 12 hours and I keep getting stuck at the stupid "Connecting" screen. I don't think anything's even trying to load....
witchtara

Post by witchtara »

Officer 1BDI wrote:I've been trying to get onto this thing on-and-off for the last 12 hours and I keep getting stuck at the stupid "Connecting" screen. I don't think anything's even trying to load....

Same with me...

I've tried about 200 times, and it won't connect! ARRRRGGG!!!! :x :x :shock:
  • MuseBlog, Neopets, Subeta, Gaia, MuseBlog,
and on and on and on...

What's that you say? I repeated one?
Veo

Post by Veo »

I'm stuck at the loading screen as well. Sigh.

In the meantime, I read up on the game, I realized what is it.

Mario Party. Granted, it's a bit different, but it's the same thing - run around on a board, play mini games, get prizes.

And I'm kinda excited! And they give out codestones for prizes? Sweet . . . Maybe they will do the same for some paintbrushes, as well . . . .*smile smile*
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yeah, I played a game of it since I was able to beta test it as well, though I haven't been able to get it to load on either a normal account or my premium account since it was released to the public. I'll probably play it some just to get prizes, but I honestly don't think it lived up to its hype at all.

The animated game pieces are rather adorable though :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

witchtara wrote:
Officer 1BDI wrote:I've been trying to get onto this thing on-and-off for the last 12 hours and I keep getting stuck at the stupid "Connecting" screen. I don't think anything's even trying to load....

Same with me...

I've tried about 200 times, and it won't connect! ARRRRGGG!!!! :x :x :shock:
Same here and I'm a Premie. I've read the tutorial, which seemed very confusing. I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to remember all that. But you can win rare items? Kudos, TNT, for the sorting out of inflation which will inevitably follow!
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
witchtara

Post by witchtara »

Veo wrote:In the meantime, I read up on the game, I realized what is it.

Mario Party. Granted, it's a bit different, but it's the same thing - run around on a board, play mini games, get prizes.

My friend has Mario Party DS. Yeah, I see what you're talking about.

On a different note, who got which free token? I got a Green Cybunny. :mrgreen:
  • MuseBlog, Neopets, Subeta, Gaia, MuseBlog,
and on and on and on...

What's that you say? I repeated one?
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

*gasp* I'm on! I got a Blue Bruce for my token, though. =( At least his pose is kind of cute.

ETA: Spoke too soon. I tried to start up a new game and it basically hung for five or ten minutes until I exited. Now I can't get back in... although I still have my token.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

The in-game music for this is going to get SOO annoying, and I don't believe there was an option to mute it :( I don't remember it ever changing during gameplay, though it my have during the minigames.

Officer, according to the news, you'll be able to pick which token you want after the game is out of Beta :)
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Seerow wrote:Officer, according to the news, you'll be able to pick which token you want after the game is out of Beta :)
Ooh, cool. :)

I can get back into the game about half the time I try to, but I can't seem to create a new game. I'd join a preexisting one, but everyone else seems to be having the same issue as me because I don't see ANY games running right now.

ETA: There is a sound control feature! When you have a chat window open, go to Settings and scroll down to the bottom to "Sound Volume".
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Do you have play with other people or can you just play against the computer (which I would prefer)?
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

At the moment, you can only play against other people :( I too would like to be able to play against a computer though, hopefully they'll add that feature later!
Fury

Post by Fury »

Keyquest is down for maintenance at the moment, so I haven't been able to play it yet! :(
Thanks for helping us beta test! However, Key Quest is currently offline for maintenance, likely because you crashed our servers from all the load. It's okay. We forgive you. :P

The game will return soon. In the meantime, here are some fun things you can do while you wait:

* Get a haircut
* Eat a sandwich (sandwich not provided)
* Invade Mystery Island
* Go outside
* Build a lawyerbot
* Plant a tree (tree not provided)
* Take a nap
* Obey the Meepits (Meepits provided BEHIND YOU! Just kidding.)

Neopets is not responsible for any injures incurred while attempting any of the above tasks.

- The Neopets Team
Veo

Post by Veo »

HAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAA . . . . oh lord . . . . we crashed their servers...*continues laughing*