Petpet Park

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Petpet Park

Post by Huggles »

Why was the nimmo wearing scuba gear and flippers?
Aster

Post by Aster »

I, too, am a Charter member but one of the main reasons I buy Premium is to escape the advertising and for the boards/ people. The other Neoboards are frankly, scary, and filled with people who spam and CG-ers are everywhere and it scares me to bits.
Petpet Park sounds like it could be a fun idea - but also sounds like it's meant for 10 year olds and the like. :/ All of the petpets are way too cutesy.

Also, why does tnt work to make new things like this when they are so behind on things like releasing old items and *ehem* NeoSchool? Remember that concept?
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Aster wrote:I, too, am a Charter member but one of the main reasons I buy Premium is to escape the advertising and for the boards/ people. The other Neoboards are frankly, scary, and filled with people who spam and CG-ers are everywhere and it scares me to bits.
Petpet Park sounds like it could be a fun idea - but also sounds like it's meant for 10 year olds and the like. :/ All of the petpets are way too cutesy.

Also, why does tnt work to make new things like this when they are so behind on things like releasing old items and *ehem* NeoSchool? Remember that concept?
Well, we can have our complex plots (carry the six, I think I rolled a Q...) and the NC Mall, and the ten-year-olds can have Petpet Park. Aiming towards either end of the demographic exclusively isn't a good thing.

As for the old items, was I dreaming or didn't TNT get onto that just this week? I think they're sorting it out. They announced even before I was a newbie that there were too many logistical issues to make Neoschool work at the current time, but I suppose there's no reason why they shouldn't look into it again in the future (after they have all the current projects finished and debugged, of course). After all, they used to say the same about putting clothes on Neopets and look at them now!
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

There will never be Neoschools. It's been mentioned by TNT or Adam/Donna, a few times, that it won't happen. There's some issue involving copyright or intellectual property or some such nonsense that means it cannot legally happen.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Huggles wrote:There will never be Neoschools. It's been mentioned by TNT or Adam/Donna, a few times, that it won't happen. There's some issue involving copyright or intellectual property or some such nonsense that means it cannot legally happen.
Seriously? You can copyright the idea of a virtual school?
Madge

Post by Madge »

There's a company in america that has patents on streaming audio and video on the internet. Of course, they came up with the patents after the idea was widespread, but they still demand licensing fees from plenty of small websites (who don't have expensive lawyers) to use "their" streaming technology.

And I believe one phone company has a patent on double clicking, and Nokia or something has a patent on the idea of a phone sliding up and revealing a keyboard.

Patents are nuts.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Petpet Park is now in Beta - but I'm having trouble loging in - it is telling me that I am not a valid neopets user - anyone else having this problem?

Now that I have thought about it, maybe you need premium.
varii

Post by varii »

Ooh! Prizes!
Spoiler: open/close
Dr. Rigby

Congratulations! We have a reward for you in thanks for helping us rescue those Petpets.

You have received the new Petpet Protection League site theme!

Something has happened!
0 You are now eligible to use the 'Petpet Protection League' theme when browsing the Neopets.com website! Check out your User Preferences to change your theme.

You also receive 45,000 NP!

Dr. Rigby

And once Petpet Park opens, we'll have another prize for you—a special item that your Petpet will be able to wear! Isn't that exciting? Come back to claim this extra prize once Petpet Park is open!
45k, not bad. It's sort of like expecting a present for christmas and getting an envelope of cash. And a lot I do say considering how low maintenance the plot was. I am really worried about customisable petpets.

EDIT: And I just realised they probably meant customising your petpets at the new petpet park thing. Which I plan on never using. So not worried about that.
rei @ neopets
Rainbow Daydreamer

varii wrote:
45k, not bad. It's sort of like expecting a present for christmas and getting an envelope of cash. And a lot I do say considering how low maintenance the plot was. I am really worried about customisable petpets.

EDIT: And I just realised they probably meant customising your petpets at the new petpet park thing. Which I plan on never using. So not worried about that.
I actually think the idea of customising Petpets could be kind of cute. They'd have an entirely different sort of accessory from Neopets... I'd be thinking collars, bows, food bowls, carriers... Less invasive than pet customisation, after all, I wouldn't want to try and fit a jacket on a Drackonack.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I think the customisation of petpets is going to be limited to the 4 or so new petpets they invented for the park - didn't they say as much?

Anyway, I didn't complete the final step, so I got 30k and the sidebar theme, which is awesome.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

That would explain why they all have the same generic body type, and yet causes me to yet again wonder why? Why make up some new thing to dress up petpets, 4 petpets only, when you've barely got any the pet customization thing up and running. Just how many things can your pet wear if they aren't NC items?
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I have to say, the sidebar is quite nice. I think I'm going to use it for a while. :D Nice change of pace. And more money to invest in stocks. Awesome.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I personally welcome the idea of having 4 customisable petpets, simply because if they didn't then there'd be a risk of my lovely weewoo or skree being destroyed like the neopets were. Or if they kept the petpet park images separate, the artists would have to draw new versions of each petpet, which would be lame.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Huggles wrote: Just how many things can your pet wear if they aren't NC items?
Huh? There's tons of NP wearables out there for your pet!

http://www.neopets.com/~Echoh

Two sets of wearables are released on every pet-specific day and multi-species items come out pretty often.

---

Hooray for prizes! I'm not sure if I'm overly keen on the sidebar theme - the 'tech' theme very much resembles the Dr. Sloth plot sidebar theme but hey, I'm not complaining. I was expecting a bunch of prizes catered towards use within Petpet Park, so this was a nice surprise.
TNT also stated that this plot was only available for English speaking users, so I assumed we wouldn't be getting anything such as trophies or sidebar themes.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

From what I've heard so far, there aren't that many for each individual species, even though there may be quite a lot in total. From browsing that site, that still seems to be the case. Most of the wearables are hats, necklaces, things you hold, socks, with only 15 actual articles of clothing that can be worn by more than one species. The reason pets were redrawn was so that they could wear clothes, but most of the wearables aren't things that conform to their bodies. So yeah, clothes for for petpets seems even sillier. It all just makes my brain hurt trying to think of why they didn't make customization optional if that's all the clothing they have after this long.