New Login page

Post anything new on Neopets here.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

New Login page

Post by hebdenhippy »

Link

Dear LORD, it's hideous! Giant bubbly fonts and starry blue background? Ew. It just doesn't seem to mtach with anything, at all. Strange choice TNT, very strange.
Aqua

Re: New Login page

Post by Aqua »

...Ew.

It doesn't even work properly in either browser I have.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I....like it?

I like it because for 2 seconds, I can forget about the hideous site layout we have now, and wonder does Neo have the potential to give us a less cluttered one. I would take that login page over our current one. But obviously take the Classic yellow style over anything we have now. Even if it meant no more sidebar themes.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I actually think the blue is rather pretty, and on my computer at least, it loads considerably more quickly. Kudos to TNT for making sure none of us panicked, either.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I was actually hoping for something that was obviously more secure, what with all the CGing mes and all. Maybe it is, but all I can figure really is the new look. I'm not upset about the new look, but I'm not totally impressed either. Surely they did SOMETHING to make it more than just a new look.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:I was actually hoping for something that was obviously more secure, what with all the CGing mes and all. Maybe it is, but all I can figure really is the new look. I'm not upset about the new look, but I'm not totally impressed either. Surely they did SOMETHING to make it more than just a new look.
That's exactly what I was thinking. "Oh yay, more security. That's never a bad thing. ... Wait, what's this?" D: It looks like all they did was add a bunch of graphics, which is fine, but really. I was hoping for some super cool login process, what with 15 news posts about it.

Post by 23639377 »

It's the ugliest login page I've ever seen.
(Forum set is under construction)
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Yeah, what with all of the "there's going to be a new login page" "no, really, there's going to be a new page" "hey, didja know we're changing the login page?" "seriously, we're changing it" I too thought they'd up the security somehow, but instead, it seems like all we got were ugly ass graphics. With bonus roll-over buttons.

Fail.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
covet

Post by covet »

I... don't mind the new login page too much? Although if they were updating it to fit in more with the look of the site then... no. I do wonder who makes their priority list and thought bubbly text login pages should be high on it.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
varii

Post by varii »

To me, it's sort of like when they updated the create a pet section. Was it necessary? Maybe. Do I care very much? No. All the new graphics seem to make it a little laggy..but eh. I'm not too worried about something I only touch once or twice a day. And the way I look at it now is while they're keeping busy adjusting things that don't affect me, they aren't busy ruining things that I love and play all the time. So, yay for the new login. :)
rei @ neopets
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I think that a bit of the reasoning is to make it harder to create Fake Login Pages which are still rampant. That said, this will only stop it until someone creates a replica and it makes the rounds of all the cheat sites, but oh well.

Another thing is that most autobuying, game playing etc. programs have to log in and most of them have been stopped for now, again, until they're re-programmed to work around this page. Which has probably already happened.

All things considered, it's still ugly.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I highly doubt they were trying to create some sort of "this is going to be new and awesome" anticipation when they trailed the new page for two days. I think it's far more likely that they were trying to prevent people thinking "oh god, it's a fake login page" when they first encounter the new page. And I actually think it should have been trailed for longer than it was.

I can't say I have any issue with the new page myself. Who knows what new security measures might be hidden behind the new system anyway.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Considering I don't recall Neopets ever using https:// in their login page (would that make a difference, anyway? I'm not sure?) it's probably not all that secure at the moment.

I was kinda hoping they'd do something like iframes and make it so you click your name and only the login window refreshes, rather than the whole page.

But it's not that bad. I won't have to look at it all that often anyway.

Post by 23639377 »

Madge wrote: I was kinda hoping they'd do something like iframes and make it so you click your name and only the login window refreshes, rather than the whole page.
Oh, that's what I've always been hoping for! I share the same computer with my brother so every time when I play Neo after him I have to face that annoying login page again. :( Even my brother hates it too.

I agree with Jamie though, it's more difficult for the cheat sites to make fake pages. But since there are great coders at Neopets, I think they can do better. A more secure and nicer page is needed.
(Forum set is under construction)