Games Master Challenge

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Games Master Challenge

Post by Wingsrising »

I like that it's easy. I'm home for the holidays and don't want to spend hours swearing at my computer. :-)
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wingsrising wrote:I like that it's easy. I'm home for the holidays and don't want to spend hours swearing at my computer. :-)
I literally laughed at that one! That's what World Challenges are for (well, that and the NP)! ;)
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Iggy wrote:
PennyLane wrote:I was so excited about this event starting up again....the first time we had it I beat AAA each time and got the top prize, but was disappointed when we didn't get a trophy for it. Then the second time I wasn't playing neopets reguarly and only played one day. But this time it's so different and easy =-/ The prizes haven't been anything exciting, either. I loved getting those items that went with the game we had to beat. But all these random items are weird...like the red pen on the first day. o.O
You're confusing with Daily Dare 2007. 2008 had trophies.

This isn't Daily Dare, just a week of games before December and Advent Calendar. It's only for fun.
Oops I thought they were the same thing. I haven't really played neopets much for nearly two years =P I quit playing soon after the daily dare in 07. How many times have they done this? Is daily dare still in march? I'm glad I still have that to look forward to then =D I was upset thinking they changed it to make it easier.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I think I almost prefer the Games Master Challenge to the Daily Dare- and I'm glad it isn't as hard as the hardest Daily Dare challenges are.

Today's challenges:
Spoiler: open/close
Earn a score of 75 on Ghost Bopper (if you're playing on a laptop, then you might want to go to the setup option on the title screen and change it to letters. It's still not as easy as a numpad but you only need the first two levels to get to 75).

* Score 250 in Carnival of Terror
* Score 100 in Edna's Shadow
* Score 350 in Korbats Lab
* Score 60 in Feed Florg
There's a problem with the random challenge, it seems to be not working at the moment. Either that or it's more complicated than it seems.

Oh, and the trophies shown on lookups seem to be glitched too.
Neopets wishlists: here
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Yeps, we still have Daily Dare in March of each year.

Prizes were so and so this year, if I remember right. But, AAA challenges were mostly harder than what we have here.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It seems that for the random challenge, you have to rate the same game's difficulty at 7, 8, 9 and then 10.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

daisybell wrote:It seems that for the random challenge, you have to rate the same game's difficulty at 7, 8, 9 and then 10.
Well, that's... random.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Not so random, since the title says "think hard, now".

Also, you only have to rate it 10. Or at least I just rated a game 10 and then got the challenge done so yeah.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Double posting so people will get topic reply notifications.

* Score 125 on Super Hasee Bounce.
* Score 250 in Crisis Courier
* Score 80 in Bumble Beams
* Score 75 in Lost in Space Fungus
* Score 80 in Warf Rescue Team
* Score 150 on Evil Fuzzles From Beyond The Stars.

The "view 20 high scores" challenge isn't working at the moment, apparently. Or there's some twist that we haven't anticipated.
Feathercircle

Post by Feathercircle »

Has anyone else had issues with some of their sent scores not being retained? Several games that I already have the prizes for playing have since disappeared from the "score counted" tally on my Qualifying Games list, which is making the Send Score challenges more annoying than they ought to be.
ImageImage
EofS

Post by EofS »

Are they definitely counted scores? Not ones you played in the early days above the 'send scores' number?
Feathercircle

Post by Feathercircle »

They're ones I played for specific Games Master challenges, and some of the other games I played on the same days were still counted. I don't have a clue why some of them would disappear from my list while others remained.

Since I can always just go ahead and replay them, it's more of an inconvenience than a major concern.... it just frustrates me that I don't know why it's doing this.
ImageImage
HotIceMelts

Post by HotIceMelts »

Todays Random Challenge is now working.
Here is a guide if anyone needs help.
http://www.neopets.com/~GameChallenges

My biggest challenge is finding 45 games I don't suck at.
Still it's fun to try and I got my first trophy too.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It doesn't matter if you suck at the games or not, since I don't think there's a minimum score- you just have to send a score, which could be only a few points. I sent a score for Ultimate Bullseye and I got less than 10 points on it.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Today is the first day I had a problem with the score for one of the games - Warf Rescue Team. My previous high score was 77 and we need 80. I finally got it, but it took a while to figure out how to go about it and the guide on my_first_little_pony was really no help at all.

And, yeah, I sent in a lot of low scores for the qualifying games. I just don't have the patience to play that many games for decent scores.