New "About Us" page

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Ailiel

New "About Us" page

Post by Ailiel »

Edit: Thanks for the help, Larkspurlane. I've got the Adam avatar now. :D Maybe this thread should be moved to New Features...?

Neopets has released a new "About Us" page without any real information about anything. But the avatar is back. Check it out: http://www.neopets.com/aboutus.phtml
Last edited by Ailiel on 09 Jan 2009 01:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larkspurlane

Re: Need a little help with the Adam avatar...

Post by Larkspurlane »

The new About Us page is beyond lame! Wtf!

Did anyone PM you / are you still looking? I can lend if you're online now.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I agree, the new About Page is ridiculously lame x_x I understand Adam and Donna no longer work for Neopets, but... lame.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Dear TNT, I'm sure many people would like to thank you for bringing back the Adam avatar on the new About Us page. On the other hand, it's a bit of a disappointment for those of us who actually want to know more about you fantastic staffers over there in Glendale. I know many of you are too busy to write your own detailed sections, but a simple "credits" list would be better than nothing! After all, the page IS called "About Us"...
Sent to the editorial. Anyone care to join me in their own words?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

That was really well said, RD. I want some info on the staffers, if only to satisfy my stalkerish urges.

*clicks the employment opportunities link* I wonder how much they make per year, anyway.

Edit: to be on topic, let it be known that the NP lending went super smoothly :D hooray!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Thanks Larkspurlane!

I agree completely about the "About Us" page, it is a shame. But it kinda matches the whole impersonal experience of dealing with TNT these days. The old days really are behind us now. :(
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Nothing says 'we are a faceless corporation and don't care who knows it' better than having an 'about' page which doesn't tell you about anything. When they give up even pretending to look like a small, approachable, fun company then there's really no hope. They're just people who happen to work in the Neopets department of MTV Networks (or whatever the particular tentacle of Viacom is called). Like the people who make sure my gas bill gets posted to me, or the ones who work at the end of the magic conveyor belt at Argos, they get no credits and, to the end user (for that is what we are), do not exist.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: New "About Us" page

Post by TCStarwind »

I fail to see the reason why the "about us" page was MIA for so long. That probably took about 2 whole minutes to write. And it seems that the ammount of NP to get the avatar has gone down. Wasn't it 11 million something before? At any rate, it'll take me less time to save up for it. :D
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Larkspurlane wrote:
*clicks the employment opportunities link* I wonder how much they make per year, anyway.
Depends on what you do! I actually got hired once (monitor, graveyard shift)... had a phone interview, was hired and was sent the employment package and everything. Then they realized they couldn't pay a Canadian and ended up taking the job offer back before I got to start. I wasn't happy! It sounded like a pretty decent job.

I don't like the new About Us page. It's impersonal and boring. They could have at least left Adam and Donna's names up there... even though they're gone, they DID invent the place.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

That sucks, Cranberry! What was the salary they were offering, if you don't mind me asking?

& was there anything juicy in the employment package? (Like what, I don't know...)

I wouldn't make a good monitor, I get pissy too easily. The art-related jobs look really interesting but I'm utterly incapable of doing the cartoony thing so nevermind that. I'll just enjoy neo from the user-side! :D
Larkspurlane @ neo
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think I remember them saying that they would no longer hire anyone who didn't live close enough to commute to the office. I can't remember where or when, but yeah.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

According to current market trends, this asparagus should cost 5,271,254 NP per kilogram.

^ looks like the av's cost is now going to be fluctuating, like it did before. *wonders vaguely what it's linked to*
Larkspurlane @ neo
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I always liked seeing some of the goofy names on there like "Greg the Very Angry Programmer," though it also looked funny to see like five Jennifers on the support list. But, yeah, looks lame and empty now.