Key Quest load test

Post anything new on Neopets here.
EofS

Key Quest load test

Post by EofS »

Is anyone else planning on taking part in this? I've made this topic at a bit short notice, I know. But I thought it might be good to have an idea if anyone else is because then we could make NCer games where we can trust the others not to quit.

It's at 1700-1800 NST, which is about one hour from when I'm making this post.

I'll be participating if I can, my username's the same as here. Interested?
Ailiel

Re: Key Quest load test

Post by Ailiel »

I'm going to try and participate on iniuria. It's going to be a little later in the hour though as I'll be at my dad's house.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I'm on and will be participating as soon as the clock ticks 5:00pm. (in about 1 minute) heh. I'm xylops on neopets.
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

I'm going to be on as aurigryphon... if Neopets will load...
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I am trying to join eofs, but... it's being so slow!
EofS

Post by EofS »

People whining on the Neoboards "they should have made it last all day" "it won't load because they made everyone come on at once, they should have spread it out" etc etc.

Do they not understand the meaning of load testing? I mean honestly.

Jamie - I gave up on that game, I think they're not showing up in rooms for people to try. Maybe we could try one with all invites? If you got the invite, perhaps that's the way to get in...
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Blah, I missed it completely. Thank you late-night Microbiology lab. Anyone know what the prize was you could have gotten?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Did anyone receive this "rare virtual item" they mentioned in news?
I managed to finish one game in keyquest beta at the beginning of the hour (got double silver key) and two games in regular keyquest (got double silver key and double gold key) but when I went to redeem the keys I got just the regular keyquest prizes. Was there supposed to be something extra or just doubled keys?
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

The promotion ended almost two hours ago but I just got double keys.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Bleh, I missed it by half an hour. I was all forgetful about stuff today, at the store, events, etc. I was at my parents' house having supper and watching Smallville. :-p I was wondering about the prize too and wanted to see if it was something I'd be able to get if it's something I would have really wanted.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

The double keys are still being given out.
I already used up my 10 keys for today, but I have 8 gold and 2 silver waiting for tomorrow. :D
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I wish I came to Necolours before doing this last night. :( I spent the first 35 minutes finding it hard to load and creating my own games, only for no one to join and for me to get chucked out. Then I started a game and someone joined but before they could roll the first dice they left. Then I was in another game, I had all 5 keys and I was close to winning and the other person left. :x So with 5 minutes before the hour was up I started a 2 key 2 player game, it went on slightly past the deadline but I still got my two (lead :() keys. Hopefully I'll get the 'rare' prize, I'd guess it'll be a Token or something.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

zebru wrote:Did anyone receive this "rare virtual item" they mentioned in news?
I managed to finish one game in keyquest beta at the beginning of the hour (got double silver key) and two games in regular keyquest (got double silver key and double gold key) but when I went to redeem the keys I got just the regular keyquest prizes. Was there supposed to be something extra or just doubled keys?
I'm amazed that you were able to play so many games. It took me about 40 minutes to get my first game to work and then another 20 minutes to play that 2-player 2-key game. I only played in regular KeyQuest since that was what was linked in the news item. Anyway, I'm glad I was able to get in at least and hope they give out the virtual prize soon.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I don't know if they're giving out prizes from all of last night, but I did get three games in with double keys. :) It's LAGGY, and even though my computer is pretty good, some of the mini-games didn't work too great for me. I guess it's mostly my lack of technique with them or something though.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

mellaka wrote:I'm amazed that you were able to play so many games. It took me about 40 minutes to get my first game to work and then another 20 minutes to play that 2-player 2-key game. I only played in regular KeyQuest since that was what was linked in the news item. Anyway, I'm glad I was able to get in at least and hope they give out the virtual prize soon.
Well, first game took 40 minutes - the slowest game of keyquest I ever played by a mile. It would take 3 minutes for a single dice throw to come through - and often I'd get 'skip a turn' even though I rolled. Second two went completely smooth - fast as ever.
I suppose their testing was a success in the end. Minus the special prizes that is ;)
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta