Key Quest load test

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Key Quest load test

Post by Seerow »

Looks like there is going to be another test on Thursday, March 3rd at the same time (ie 4-5pm NST). Wish they had changed the day or time so I could participate. I'll be in class again during this one :(
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Thankfully it looks like I'll get to play on this one, if I remember. They'll never be able to do one that's convenient for everyone, but it still sucks when you can't participate and therefore can't get in on the goodies.
covet

Post by covet »

Thats around 1am for the UK, and it's been the same every time. Not that I expect different timezones to get any consideration from neo in... well, anything.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

For a site that was UK-based, Neopets sure do seem to ignore the UK. A good example is Neopets merchandise, we don't get ANY. If Canada (no offence to Canadians, I love Canada) can get exclusive plushies, why not the UK? I'd love a real-life teatime plushie, which seems pretty appropriate for the UK.

If Key Quest ever worked for me and I could be online at 1am, I would have a go at the Load Test.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

What do you have to do to get the special item? Do you have to finish a game, or do you just have to try to get on?

I liked the walking sticks, but at 50k each shortly after the event it's not worth extensive fighting through lag to get one for me!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

champagnesoup wrote:For a site that was UK-based, Neopets sure do seem to ignore the UK. A good example is Neopets merchandise, we don't get ANY. If Canada (no offence to Canadians, I love Canada) can get exclusive plushies, why not the UK? I'd love a real-life teatime plushie, which seems pretty appropriate for the UK.
Well, you need to remember Neopets is not a UK company anymore =/ I mean, Viacom is a North American based company, and that's going to be their primary focus. It sucks, but it does make sense.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Oh I know it isn't anymore, but I don't entirely get why other non-US countries get exclusive plushies, Neopets toys with Happy Meals etc....almost everywhere apart from the UK.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

At least England is represented somewhere in the fucking site. I seem to remember TNT promising Welsh and Irish about six years ago.

Maybe not that long ago (I didn't check) but it was a heinously long time ago.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I live in the USA, but honestly, I don't see why Europe of all places is being deprived of neopets merchandise. I mean, seriously, I'm sure there are more players in Europe than in Singapore or whatever random country usually gets the merch. WTH, TNT?
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'm sure it's more to do with the site's image in various countries. It seems, despite us lot, their penetration in Western Europe is not high - and retailers do their research and will not stock items they feel they can't sell. There was a certain amount of merchandise available in the UK 4 or 5 years ago, almost a whole page of the Argos catalogue was given over to the various pocket games and talking toys for instance. And Claire's (I think?) stocked a limited selection of stuff for several years though I guess that's all gone now. Neopets sponsored an early-morning cartoon segment on ITV for a while. Talk of the Neopets movie was rife and had that appeared and had a theatrical release in the UK then we would probably have seen a lot more mercandise over here, possibly including the Happy Meal tie-in we had our fingers crossed for. This all happened during the Dohring years - it seems Viacom is just not interested in growing the Neopets brand outside of the US/Canada (and a few other countries selected seemingly at random), despite having the resources to do so through Nickelodeon. I fear they've missed their chance now.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Well, I also think the idea of the 'load test' is to.. you know... test the server strain that KeyQuest might have :P The best time to do that would be during the site's busiest hours, which is what they probably picked.

Just pointing that out xD
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

LOL
I start my first shift of work at my first job (YAY! :D) during the load test, but I'm A-OK with that!
Let's see....suffer through Key Quest lag for a virtual item or get a paycheck?
Hmm... ;)
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I got into a game with Amneris. :D Which was fun. Except for that fact that I couldn't, you know, talk to her because of the stupid chat system...

My first games ever, and I think playing them might be a fun past time, but not something I want to do a lot. It would be better without lag though, half the time I couldn't see my cursor. Which I would be annoyed about but... Tablet PCs are good for that kind of thing.

I kinda hope we get a different prize, not the walking stick again. Just cause I bought one after the last load test for 60k just in case I needed one at some point.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Just a quick heads up that the Key Quest load test starts in about ten minutes time.
Good luck loading the game to those that are going to try! ;)

EDIT:
Huh, no lag at all for me. I did however had a dubious pleasure of having a person I was playing against quit on me when I was one square away from winning. Is it that important for them to win? Neither of us get the special prize if we don't finish a game *exasperated*
I did have a very nice second opponent. We both had electric lupe tokens and they complimented me on mine :mrgreen:
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
varii

Post by varii »

This round went very well for me, especially considering I couldn't log on at all last time. I played 7 games over the hour and the double keys made me happy. :)
rei @ neopets