Editorial Time!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Editorial Time!

Post by thelonetiel »

The end of the Editorial made my day.
Hey, guys! Could you end this Editorial with a Zafara holding a heart? Love ya, y'all!!! :* ~genran47
Since Dragona is our resident Zafara fan, we asked her if she wouldn't mind providing the image. :)
A mistake we won't be making again, we assure you.

SCIENTIST ZAFARA HOLDING A FRESH HEART! Just gruesome enough to be completely unexpected. :D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hah, it reminds me of Dante from Surviving the World. And that chest fluff line almost makes me think it's his heart that's been cleanly cut out.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Aww, you beat me to it! That's the funniest thing I've seen in the editorial (or Neopets for that matter) for ages :-D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Okay, can anyone here shed any light on the reference in this week's editorial which refers to a comment that was made in last week's editorial? They both seem to be quoting the lyrics of a song by Erasure which was released around '93/'94 if memory serves (nothing wrong with that but it seems an odd thing to refer to off the cuff). In last week's editorial the comment is accompanied by a picture of a robot Uni, is this some sort of MLP thing? Has some band/singer covered it recently? These things bug me...
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Hold ONNNNN to the NIIIIIIIGHT...there will BEEE NOOO SHAAAAAME...

(Yes, it is indeed a Robot Unicorn Attack reference. To anyone who hasn't played it yet, it's a bit addictive.)
Madge

Post by Madge »

THANKS GUYS I HAVE IT IN MY HEAD NOW
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Jazzy wrote:Hold ONNNNN to the NIIIIIIIGHT...there will BEEE NOOO SHAAAAAME...

(Yes, it is indeed a Robot Unicorn Attack reference. To anyone who hasn't played it yet, it's a bit addictive.)
Yes, just a tad bit. :-)

I play it on my iPod Touch all the time.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

And i have it on my droid. It's everywhere! And it's awesome!

This makes me simultaneously want to do a Robot Unicorn pet and a Rainbow Dash. Notice that the mane gets rid of the horn?
Madge

Post by Madge »

OK, I have to post this picture now:

Yes, I did get the best birthday present ever. Unfortunately it is not a robot :(
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Thanks y'all! Wow, that is, well.. 'incredible' really isn't the word. Bizarre? And possibly just a teensy-weensy-little-bit camp? I hope it makes Vince Clarke (even more) rich.

I was going to play YYB do the laundry this morning and clean the kitchen but... maybe after one more game?

EDIT: Grr... need a faster graphics card.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Wow... that game is addicting. O_O Thanks for sharing!
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

This reminded me of it and I played... er, a few... games last night.

A fiery death awaits you!
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Throughout the years, I've been a loyal Neopian. Although it has been some time since my last log-on, the changes have devastated me greatly. I have noticed that many of the Neopets have been converted, and as a result have lost their personalities. Each painted Neopet was original and had their own touch. Unfortunately, since Neopets converted the Neopets so that they can wear items, they have lost their unparalleled beauty. They have lost their shebang. Therefore, I have come up with a solution that will solve everything. It will not only be economically beneficial to Neopets, but also to its users. Neopets should have an option where their users pay NC to revert their converted Neopets into the original Neopets. I can name several Neopets that would benefit from this: the faerie Pteri, faerie Draik, Darigan Ixi, and all of the plushie Neopets. I assert that I am not speaking on my behalf, but for the greater good of the Neopet community. ~aznnerdgrl

We beg to differ! Before, all royal Aishas had the exact same art. Aside from the name of the Neopet, a fancied up Pet Page / User Lookup, and their owner's love, there was nothing unique about the Neopet. These days, there are countless ways to customise your Neopet, making it unique not only from every other Neopet, but even from those of the same colour. Neopets are now, more than ever, individuals, rather than a static piece of art with a circle behind it.

With that said, we do realise the art is beloved, especially since it's nostalgic. We aren't ignorant of that fact. However, the system that maintains UCs will continue to remain unsupported. To us, these Neopets are leftovers from the past. Will we ever offer the art itself as a customisation "skin" of sorts for NC? We won't say never since we can't predict the future, but it's not likely. UCs are also coveted because they're rare and we don't want to mess with that, either.
A pretty weak answer re: "we can't predict the future" (hurrr).

But hay. I would be happy with a skin. I would pay like 10 bucks for a skin.

Also interesting:

Hi, TNT! I'm sure I'm not the only one who suffers from this, but can we rename our Neopets in the (hopefully near) future through some option? What my 10 year old self thought was cool clearly isn't now -- 11 years on. Please remove my username. :D ~username removed

This is something we'd like to do (though usernames aren't possible at this time). However, it's an involved, difficult process that would take many months to make available, and as such would be a paid service.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I'm really intrigued by the name change thing, personally.

I'm half tempted to bank on it, trade my so-so named UC for something worse named, but a prettier pet, and sit on it until I get a NC mall perk to let me change the name. Or keep her and do the same, she's a UC Grey Uni and pretty enough if I could give her a new name!

I also have a couple other pets that I would love to be able to fix the capitalization of their names. Names are huge part of pets for me, and I've gotten rid of a few pets for losing connection with the name. So I might be a little resentful, for having traded away pets that had I kept, I would've been able to change the name and keep the pet.... But then, I'm still kicking myself for not painting pets before conversion, so the resentment wouldn't be anything new.