Daily Dare March 09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: Daily Dare March 09

Post by mellaka »

So, yeah, I wasn't able to beat AAA's score today after all. It really annoys me that we don't have a full-screen option for games anymore. And, I'm not willing to change my screen resolution every time I play a flash game to compensate.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Actually if you use the direct link to play the game, you can change the game size to whatever you want by dragging the window.

The URL for most games is:
http://www.neopets.com/games/play_flash ... me_id=game#
(Changing game# to the ID number of the game)
meerca1234212 @ neopets Visions @ Subeta
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Seerow wrote:Today's game is Crisis Courier, which is fun even if I'm not very good at it. There really does need to be a prize category between Abigail and AAA's!
There really does. On the games that I found AAA too hard to beat, the Abigail score was way too easy.

I beat AAA on Crisis Courier. The game seems way faster than I remember.

13 AAA/14 Abigail/3 Double Dares (MCII is the one I didn't beat).

I'll only get the Spifftastic trophy. I could've gotten uberiffic, but I wasn't paying attention to the time and didn't get a score in on time one of the days, and then I ended up doing it a second time.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Susan wrote:Actually if you use the direct link to play the game, you can change the game size to whatever you want by dragging the window.

The URL for most games is:
http://www.neopets.com/games/play_flash ... me_id=game#
(Changing game# to the ID number of the game)
Thanks. I thought there was a link like that but had no idea how to go about finding it.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

EDITED: Don't pick up your prizes yet. I read on the neoboards that it's glitched and everyone is getting the same item prize, no matter what level trophy they got. Hopefully I'm not stuck with this sweatband and will get my real prize =-/

For beating AAA on the launch day 30 times I got 150 NC, the DD site theme, and

Abigail Sweatband

Also a "scoretacular" trophy
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yea, Im not trying to get my prizes yet, if that is ALL that this gives you then..fuck...its totally lame.
Image Image
ImageImage
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Goldenchaos wrote:Yea, Im not trying to get my prizes yet, if that is ALL that this gives you then..fuck...its totally lame.

The news is out and it's still giving out the same prizes, so I guess it wasn't a glitch after all =-/ I'm pretty annoyed too. And anyone who didn't beat AAA or Abigal on the launch day didn't get the theme. Which is strange because don't they usually award themes for participating in a plot at all? I know I did barely anything in the HW plot because I was losing interest in neopets at that time, and I still got the theme.

If you don't want to collect your prizes until finding out if it's a glitch or not, don't even visit the DD page. My friend did and it gave him the prizes even though he didn't click anything.
varii

Post by varii »

The agreement on the neoboards is that it is not a glitch and it is just what the prizes are, that there is no distinction between the different achievement levels.
rei @ neopets
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I got the item, 150 NC (Which I used for the Lulu Plushie - I have a friend I nickname Lulu) and the sidebar.

Sucks than there is only one prize, though
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Weren't last year's prizes just the trophy and the two lame necklaces? A sidebar and NC is pretty good in mu opinion. :D Now I just wish I could browse through the mall, I can't get past the first page. :<
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

There were prices for the Roothless challenge, last year, and prices were different from one group to another. :)
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I don't remember anything about that. XD Must have missed it.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Bah, why the same prize? They couldn't even make it a AAA headband for people who beat AAA on all days? If I'd worked hard to beat AAA everyday on launch day (like Ash and many others here did) I would be pissed if I got the same prize as someone who did all of Abigail's challenges on the last day. It just reeks of laziness on their part.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Im pretty pissed that everyone gets the same prize. The NC Challenge got a nice amount of items, a super pack...yeaaa...:\ I worked hard ..ALL those that went with AAA worked hard to get the top prize, and we get crap. So lame.
Image Image
ImageImage
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

I don't think it's fair to give everyone the same prize. Some worked much harder than others. I challenged Abigail and AAA for the various games and often not on launch day because I wasn't home very much this month. I didn't really put an effort into it mostly. A friend, however, worked to beat AAA on every game on launch day. She deserves more for her work. At least a different trophy if nothing else!