Daily Dare March 09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
varii

Re: Daily Dare March 09

Post by varii »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but it was pointed out on the neoboards that the daily dare games are only paying out 2 times a day this month instead of three. I stupidly did not notice this until right now, which has me really pissed off because I've been playing all my favourites (5 of which are featured in the DD). I knew something wasn't quite right with how much NP I was making, but I've also had a lot more out lately than I normally do.
rei @ neopets
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

varii wrote:I don't know if anyone else has noticed but it was pointed out on the neoboards that the daily dare games are only paying out 2 times a day this month instead of three.
I totally noticed it. I usually just play 5 games to get my money for stocks, but I had to find a few more games which was getting annoying because March was a bad month for ratios for me.

At least the ratios changed today and it's a good month for me in regards to the number of games I can get the max payout on. Last month, there were only 5 games I could get it with, but this month there's a lot more options. None of the games I chose today are on the DD list, but it doesn't matter anyway cause DD will be ending soon.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Today's game is Petpet Plunge. Here is a guide: http://www.neopets.com/~GameVideos#ppp
For those who don't want to be spoiled about the prizes - they are shown at the very top of the guide.

I didnt' have the patience to try to beat AAA but I got pretty close and could probably do it ... I think.
Spoiler: open/close
Abigail 70 points
Marafin Plushie

AAA 550 points
Bubble Chair

Lulu 125 points
Bubble Lamp
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Got AAA on my first try with the guide bellow. I'm so glad the guides exist for this or I'd be completely lost.

http://www.neopets.com/~Quickelle

I'd be over the moon for Lulu's prize on this one if it weren't for the little house sign in the corner which bugs me next to such lightly coloured item. Abigail's is cute though.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Petpet Plunge was easy and I beat AAA on my first try.
BUT....I HATE FREAKY FACTORY!!!

O_o

Ok, so I don't hate it, but I'm so frustrated that I keep getting *so* close to beating AAA and end up running out of time.
I just scored 851. >.<
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I feel you chocolatefairy. I FINALLY beat AAA at the game last night. It was a brutal amount of playing. I probably should have switched to the slower computer, but the mouse isn't as accurate. The trade off was it took forever to get the score. But I FINALLY did. Hang in there, you'll get it.

Beating AAA's score for EVERY game is such a good challenge. I think it should have a better prize than merely showing up every day to beat Abi's score. I could do that soooo easy, but I just KNOW I can get to AAA's score... eventually.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Today's game is Dubloon Disaster, which is probably my least favorite game on the site, hands down. I died the second I got to 40 points (for Abi's score), and grumbled and quickly challenged her. There's no way in hell I'll get to AAA's.
Abi - Image Dubloon Disaster Mine
AAA - Image - Silver Dubloon Necklace
Lulu - Image - Golden Dubloon Necklace

I rather like AAA's prize and will probably buy it later for Arien or something. Definitely not worth me yanking my hair out over :P
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ugh, I beat AAA for sure. Got 2295 which was my highest score by about...1500 points. I got lucky and got a 1000 point Dubloon early on. I'm just gutted that I could have got the avatar if I was a little more lucky, I don't think I'll get that close again. >_<;
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Oh, is this the first day where all three prizes are wearable? :) I rather like all of them. I'll probably get a few additional AAA's necklaces for my side accounts if the prices go down a bit.

Btw there's a little issue with Lulu's prize atm. If you buy it from the wizard or trades you do obtain it but you can't actually see it in your inventory. This guide explains how to put it in your closet/shop/wherever: http://www.neopets.com/~unit637488
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

The challenge on March 22 awarded wearables for all three challengers:
Snow Roller Crash Jumper - Abi
Snow Roller Item Jumper - AAA
Snow Roller Sucess Jumper - Lulu

I thought for sure that I would barely be able to beat Abigail today, but I ended up beating AAA after a couple of tries.
And the funny thing is that I didn't get any high-point dubloons to help my score!
Susan

Post by Susan »

Dubloon Disaster? I just played that game for 1 and a half hours yesterday to get the avatar. -headdesk-

The prizes sure look nice though. :P

-edit-

Actually, it was really easy to beat AAA. XD I got extremely lucky and got the coin worth 1000 points in the first 3 minutes of playing.
meerca1234212 @ neopets Visions @ Subeta
EofS

Post by EofS »

On my first go I got to 930, a silver dubloon popped up which would send me over 1000... and a mine appeared directly underneath me (I never even saw it - t was directly underneath me). Absolutely gutted. I'll try again tomorrow.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Today's game is the traditional version of Hasee Bounce - FINALLY! My favorite game on the whole site xD I was very pleased! It's also a Double Dare, so I was able to nab both prizes - hooray!
Abi - Image Doughnut Fruit Hand Mirror
AAA - Image - Doughnut Fruit Table
Lulu - Image - Doughnut Explosion Background

First day I've absolutely needed Lulu's prize! Will check prices after work tonight to see how much it's going for :3
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I got 183 first shot, which is awesome, since I suck at that game. Badly.

My favorite game still has to be chosen, and probably won't be taken, because everyone but me hates this game

(It's Evil Fuzzles From Beyond the Stars, btw)
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, I got 177 first shot too, even with lots of "agh!" moments. Yay for "doughnutfrui ... t" trick. :-) I didn't even bother with that for Lulu. This game is a snap for me, though I'm sure I'm not in the top tier of players.

And yeah, I totally know what you mean with a game it seems everyone else would hate but I'd love. Kass Basher would be fab for me, not so with most of the rest of Neopets players I'd guess. "AAA scored 1170? EASY!"