Daily Dare March 09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: Daily Dare March 09

Post by mellaka »

My high score is 10k, so I'm hoping I won't have any trouble beating AAA. But on my quick tries from work, I was only able to get about 1100. I'm finding that a lot of games that I was OK/good at in the past are harder now that I can't play in full screen mode.

Anyway, assuming that I don't forget tonight, I'll get the prize for beating AAA or Abi on launch days. And, my ratio is closer than I expected it to be: AAA 15, Abi 14, with tonight's undecided still. I think that's the worst I've done yet.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I beat this one on my first try.
So my final score is:

AAA - 23
Abi - 3 (that I challenged her in...though I went back and beat AAA's score....not that it mattered)
DD - 4
Lulu - 30
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I also got this one on my first try -- I really like this game.

I have 14 AAA, 16 Abi. I know I could have done better, but on some of those days, I didn't care about any of the prizes and just went for the easiest option. As far as trophies are concerned, if you give up and challenge Abi once, there's no point in killing yourself trying to beat AAA every other day!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Cranberry wrote: I have 14 AAA, 16 Abi. I know I could have done better, but on some of those days, I didn't care about any of the prizes and just went for the easiest option. As far as trophies are concerned, if you give up and challenge Abi once, there's no point in killing yourself trying to beat AAA every other day!
Heh, my feelings exactly. I challenged Abi on day 1, so the other days really didn't matter. I do like to try to beat AAA whenever I can, but I think there were only maybe 3-4 days when I probably could've but didn't have the patience for it; the rest were beyond my gaming abilities, or have become a lot harder for me after replacing my older computer around this time last year.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I also think it would be neat if they had a category between AAA and Abigail. Often I found AAAs score absurdly hard, but Abigail's absurdly easy.
varii

Post by varii »

I finished 30/30 for AAA and Lulu on launch day. I don't consider myself a gamer at all and a couple of the scores did seem ridiculously low, but I liked this years challenge a lot. I feel like every score was actually achievable and nicely targeted at people who are generally good at games, not just the people with 50 trophies and there were enough harder scores to keep it from being too easy.

And I really enjoyed the lulu prizes. I even kind of like the idea of her challenge.
rei @ neopets
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Man, I couldn't get more than 700 in this, and my high score is only 1100 So everyone talking about how easy it is, is a bit depressing!

I got 7 AAAs + all the Double Dares. The rest were Abigail.

I'm sure I could have done better, but I've been busy with (1) work and (2) vacation over Spring Break. So except for the DDs, if I couldn't beat AAA after a few tries I went for Abigail.
Kari

Post by Kari »

13 Abigail
13 AAA
4 Double Dare

I only challenged AAA if my all-time high was higher or close to his score. I also agree that there should be something between Abi and AAA, since some of AAA's scores were way high up there.
derp
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I was pretty happy to see Crisis Courier pop up; I like to beat AAA at least once. My total is 29 Abi/1 AAA, although I could have beaten AAA on some of the others if I had had regular internet access during the month. As it was, I beat the first 15 in one day, 3/4 the last couple of weeks, then the rest yesterday evening, so just getting through all of them was more important. As long as I get another trophy, I'll be fine.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

My totals were 17 for Abi, 11 for AAA and 2 Daily Dares. Overall, I'm pleased with myself - like Cranberry, I could have gotten AAA's score on a few more games but since I'd already done Abi once, I didn't care.

And like Wings, I really think there needs to be a middle ground between Abi and AAA.

I liked most of the games picked this year, which was a definite plus xD
EofS

Post by EofS »

20 AAA and 10 Abi. I had to Abi the first day, so about 7 of those Abis have been over the last few days quickly filling in the rest because I couldn't be bothered to try hard. Plus I had no internet access for the first week and a half of March, so there was never going to be anything but the lowest trophy for me. And that meant I missed the first double dare - you could only do that the day it was released, annoyingly.

Wasn't Lulu kind of a middle ground between Abi and AAA? Sucks if you don't want to pay real money of course, but I do wonder if that's partly why she was added.

Still, overall fairly pleased with the prizes. I finally managed 1000 on Dubloon Disaster today, by getting a 500 point Dubloon. I then proceeded to actually take that score beyond 1500. *Headdesk*
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'm 30 AAA on the release day which still surprises me a ton (considering I was 21 AAA / 10 Abigail last year). Every day I expected to be knocked off tomorrow and somehow I wasn't.
I'm not sure whether it was much easier to beat AAA this year or I was just lucky that none of the games I'm awful at were selected (such as Kiko Match II, Maths Nightmare or Snowbeast Snackrifice).

On other note I think they changed the scoring or something on Crisis Courier quite drastically. My high score was 7270 before and I'm sure I never reached 4th level before (which I needed to do today to manage to get a score tiny bit higher than 3500).
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

After spending an entire two-hour phone conversation playing Faerie Cloud Racers with the hand that wasn't holding the receiver, I finally beat AAA's score. Guess I actually get a trophy this year. Who knew?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I ended up with 16 Abigail, 11 AAA + 3 DD's. Not bad, I guess. I definitely wasn't going to try and beat AAA every day! That'd get so stressful and ruin the fun of it for me :P
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

I'm at 30 for AAA on the release day. What was the top prize last year? I hope it's something other than a book this year...that's what I got when I last played DD two years ago.