Springtime Celebration

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Springtime Celebration

Post by Seerow »

Neo is celebrating spring with a nifty little event. If you follow the link below, it leads to a Springtime Celebration page where you can collect an item daily, until the 12th of April. If you collect them all, you'll get a bonus gift at the end.
Possibly the best part though is the Grarrl. I'm glad they went the more comedic route instead of sticking with the usual Cybunny :D

Today prize is:
Spoiler: open/close
ImageCybunny Ears with a Spring Bow
And to get to the celebration click: here

The above is courtesy of Jellyneo.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
varii

Re: Springtime Celebration

Post by varii »

Thanks for posting this. :) Today's wearable is cute, though I hope they give out a lot of books as we didn't get many from the daily dare. The grarrl is adorable. The dancing kind of makes me pine for when I had one. :/
rei @ neopets
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Methinks the person that animated the dancing might play little too much Warcraft. Seriously, I know those are dances that appear in other locations like any hot disco club, but the coincidence that those dances are a mix of the human male and female dances from WoW?

Maybe with spring break <i>I'm</i> the one that's been playing too much WoW.

Either way, cute items are always a plus. Putting those ears on a cybunny has been comedic, if entirely not the sort of thing my Halloween cybunny would wear. Looks good on a grundo interestingly enough.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Rosie actually has a couple of dance moves (click several times to run through them). I don't know about the WoW thing, having never played that :D haha.

"She" looks like a crossdressing male playboy (Easter) bunny.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Rosie xD I think she is wonderfully drawn, and she just looks so freaking adorable xD I absolutely love her!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I've been trying to think what's been bugging me all day, and I've suddenly realised it. Isn't "Rose" or "Rosie" the name of the Uni who handles adoptions at the Pound?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I've been trying to think what's been bugging me all day, and I've suddenly realised it. Isn't "Rose" or "Rosie" the name of the Uni who handles adoptions at the Pound?
Wasn't that a name given to her by neopets users (I'm thinking comic writers / NT writers in their pieces) rather than from actual neo canon? :o Like it's one of the names that have been ascribed to her through repetitive use, but she isn't officially named? There was some famous comic writer (a LONG time ago) who had a series about Dr. Death and the pound uni (who she called Rose, though whether she's the source of it or whether she got it from elsewhere I don't know). I distinctly remember a line from her comics about Dr. Death being able to unhinge his jaw widely enough to swallow a Buick. :mrgreen: Haha. (But that is neither here nor there...)

Edit: reading this an hour after I posted it, WOW, can we say incoherent digressive ramble? Yes we can!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Ah, Poor Dr_Death! I loved those comics, very irreverent and from way back when Neopets didn't have to pander to the tween market (and it showed!). You can still hunt them down in the pre-revamp NT issues, they're worth a look even if just to remind you how the site has changed over the years. The uni was called Rose Madder (I think this might have been a reference to a band that was popular at the time), but usually referred to as Rose, if memory serves.

Rosie, on the other hand, looks bizarre and dances like a robot. The use of 'favorite' rankles a little but what can you do? I was ready to place my bet on this being the April Fools gag this year but it seems they're serious(ish). It does at least prove that Grarrls can never look feminine.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Do you remember the artist's username, Kantark? I think it had something to do with a leaf or something... or maybe with something invisible. Or maybe with a name that started with k? I have no idea where I'm pulling these ideas out of but they're all things I vaguely associate with that comic. (Obviously her username must have been _kateinvisibleleaf_...haha).
Ah, Poor Dr_Death! I loved those comics, very irreverent and from way back when Neopets didn't have to pander to the tween market (and it showed!).
Yup! And also the real-life references were totally ok, like the Buick thing. Now you can't even talk about cars, even if Nigel the Chia has a red Ferrari.

Poseidyn says 'That is like such a boring book!'

My pet did not like Rosie's offering today. *beats him into submission using Site Language Change Pwr*
Larkspurlane @ neo
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

I'm going to be a big rude and throw myself into a conversation but I come with information so that helps, eh?

The girl who wrote the comics was karma_leafbarer and the comic name was Poor Dr_Death. I loved that series.

To be more on topic, I love freebies so I'll try to remember getting to this every day. Rosie is adorkable and a pretty nifty dancer! I wonder if this will be a yearly thing or just happen once. It's like Christmas in April. :wink:
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It's not rude to take part in a public conversation, especially when you've got something useful to say, but... just not rude in general. Don't worry. ;D

I like Rosie. I even like her ridiculously animated dance.
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Fabled, you are the best! Thanks! I'm going to go get timewarp'd in her comics right now. :D

(My username guesses were useless but close... in an oblique sort of way.)
Spoiler: open/close
Mismatched Toy Neggs
So cute! I'm going to buy Kinder Suprise eggs while I'm out today, all these sweet egg-shaped things make me want some @_@
Larkspurlane @ neo
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Has anyone tried the clue? I'm assuming the Deserted Fairground is where you have to go, but I have clicked and haven't found any treasure yet!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

*looks confused* I haven't even been given a clue... are they given out at random?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Count me as one of those who don't have/weren't given a clue.
The eggs for today's prize are really cute though!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.