Neopets Puzzle Adventure

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kantark

Neopets Puzzle Adventure

Post by Kantark »

http://www.neopets.com/puzzleadventure/

Coming soon internationally later this month, according to New Features today.

Appears to be a game for Wii, DS and PC. Looks like you play games (based on Neo games possibly?) to get codes to use on Neopets.com.

There is a trailer (featuring Huggles, ya rly!) which promises more info but doesn't explain anything much, not helped by there being no voice-over. but it's rated 'E for everybody' (insert reference to early 90's rave culture here). I can't bring myself to watch it again, it made me cringe.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Madge

Re: Neopets Puzzle Adventure

Post by Madge »

It's not released yet? I downloaded it ages ago and played it on my DS a bit.

If it's the same game I've been playing, it's othello/reversi with a couple of little twists (e.g. unusable spaces, petpets with little powers like flipping an opponent's piece over).

It's pretty boring. I just played it for some of the rare item codes that were easy to get. It's kind of an adventure game with the black pawkeet involved somehow, but I haven't been reading the plot part to be honest :P
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Heh, I just got it via rapidshare a day or two ago, and it really isn't all that exciting. I'm not terribly far in the game yet since I suck at Othello and that is pretty much all the game is. You can "train" your petpets with a game of Memory, whoa the excitement!

So yeah, I wouldn't advise anyone actually spend the ~$40 on the game.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yep, I have it for the DS. Basically it's indeed Othello/Reversii with a plot and some gameplay twists. I thought it was pretty fun, but that's because I actually like Othello. There's only one "goal" I haven't reached. Otherwise, I've pretty thoroughly beaten the game.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I think it's on its third or fourth release date for Europe, though it's been out in the US for ages. You'd think Capcom would have learnt by now how long localisation takes and allowed accordingly.
Neopets wishlists: here