Altador Cup 09!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Gumdrops

Re: Altador Cup 09!

Post by Gumdrops »

Some people think that the Cloud PB is supposed to be for Roo winning last year (and that we'll get KI themed prizes next year). If that was the case, why Cloud? Wouldn't the Rainbow PB make more sense for RI?
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I got 6700 pts.

Sigh.

How can there not be anything between 2k and 10k points? Now I have to buy a bunch of cheaper crap.... Too bad the points don't carry over from year to year.

Ugh. Whatever. Thanks TNT.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

What a load of crap. :| The PB? Pointless. Wasn't that one of the cheapest ones anyway? A slushies? Prizes last year. The HW and Darigan jerseys? Prizes last year.

I think the rest are new, but the prizes are so lazy. The items for every team should stock in the shops or, if they must, just include one of them instead of making it look like a load of filler crap. I'd rather go back to waiting weeks for plot/cup prizes if it meant TNT put some effort into them.

I only got myself 1,246 points but I feel I wasted my time playing. I was hoping they'd have put more effort into the prizes after the underwhelming prizes last year.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I won 68 points and bought the wearable yooyoo inflatable ball thing xD What a crock of prizes though. They really are quite poor :/
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I have 30k points and really no interest in spending them. I had low expectations for the prize shop and it turned out even worse than I expected. I would've really liked to see a new stamp (there wasn't one last year either). I guess I should be glad that I don't really play for the prizes.

All this really did was make me appreciate the prizes we've had over the last year or so on Subeta more (and I already thought the recent Subeta prizes were great).
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I just bought loads of prizes to sell. A cloud paintbrush as the top prize - what? It's a KeyQuest prize for goodness' sake! I honestly cannot believe how rubbish the prizes are. We get new petpets (the Yooyus) and they don't even come in nice colours :(
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I feel like the cloud paint brush is a joke to rub it into our faces.

Unless when you buy it it turns to pirate ^_^
...not.
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Usul_Princess wrote:NC was a prize? I don't see it available. I'll definitely get NC with my points.
To clarify, before the official prize shop was officially opened, a version was found with all the prizes and what not (and the cloud paint brush was only 20,000 points!), but alongside the medal and items, there was 50 NC also awarded (there was a text message, but none actually added). They removed this when the shop officially opened. What puzzles me is the argument of how TNT wouldn't want to devalue Pirate PBs - I thought they strived to reduce PB inflation? Eh, I was hardly expecting good prizes anyway.
Subeta: Thomas
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Tragic - didn't get into AC at all this year... played about 4 games I think.

I didn't even get enough points for the 'Altador Cup Stationary Set' ("This set comes complete with stationary, scissors, pens, a notpad and a super fun box!"). They're not wrong - it was in the shop when I started spending my points, and it still hadn't moved when I'd finished. I got 28 points - shame, I really wanted a notpad.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Haha, I have nothing to spend my points on, so I sent you over the lovely notpad set, Kantark. :P

Edit: Just saw the news and I have an idea why the prizes were so craptastic - new NC challenge here, guys! Woohoo!
Subeta: Thomas
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Prize shop is all shit, like last year. But, I barely played. I was so pissed last year!

Oh, and the cup is obviously rigged, imo. No longer bothering with it. And, that's a former all-star speaking.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

So glad I gave up on all-star early on. I got 8,226 points and there is absolutely nothing I want, nor do I see anything with good resale potential. Wow. Why do we play this again? :/
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

That's frankly why I (mostly) don't play. The prizes have mostly been crap (the first year there were some good ones, but only for people who played a HUGE number of games) and the trophy you get depends on picking the right team, not on how much you actually play. (Which I actually think is a pretty boneheaded move on TNT's part.)

So there's really very little reason to participate unless you like the game.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Prizes in the first year sucked as well. The second year, the only year I've really bothered, was the v. great one.

Yes. 2300 wins in 2007, and 29 wins this year.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

So I played hard last year hoping that if Krawk Island won I'd be able to purchase a Pirate Paint Brush. This year I hardly played, Krawk Island one and there's a... *CLOUD* Paint Brush?! Makes me glad I didn't play, honestly. The prizes are stupid - there's not even a Roo Island jersey!
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.