Altador Cup 09!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Altador Cup 09!

Post by Wingsrising »

Cloud PB rather than Pirate PB? That's lame.

I got 638, which is quite a bit more than I expected. But nothing I want, really, as usual. I might get the kite. It's cute and (according to JellyNeo) wearable.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I must say, prizes this year are simply pathetic. Seriously? A cloud PB for 25k points? And, of course, lovely to see they didn't actually bother giving out all 50 NC they were planning to. The trophies look awful. I'm even happy I ended up with a rather ugly medal compared to an even uglier trophy. It's actually really rather sad. I saw one person on the boards with 65k points - I think it really shows how little TNT cares about its user base and how NC is indefinitely the major focus - compare even one of the prizes from the challenge (which, may I add, I felt was an extremely pointless and shameless addition) with one from the cup and there's no real contest. I'm usually rather passive about things, but I think this is quite honestly appalling. I'm very happy my interest severely waned.
Subeta: Thomas
Kari

Post by Kari »

28 points here. Yeah, I didn't even try this year. I got a towel.
It's really boring to see so many slushies, and then so many posters too. Way to make it look like there's a lot of prizes, guys! Guess they didn't want the Pirate PB losing value, either.
derp
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Well, I grabbed up a BUNCH of slushies for the Electric Blue section of my gallery. One of each.

I got the avatar and a medal tha's more colorful than...eh...well. At least it has some color to it.

I did put a lot of effort into it, or at least it felt like I did. But I'm glad I didn't pour HOURS AND HOURS into it. I have no use for most of the prizes, just the slushies and the "book."

And since I'm already in among the masses who pay money for entertainment, I figured I might as well get the whole slew of NC stuff. That paid off, as I liked most of them and the game was easy for me.

I never did manage to score a Yooyuball goal. :P
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

A cloud pb? Seriously? I'd like to know exactly what TNT is thinking. This could have somewhat deflated pirate pb prices (it's not like they wouldn't have inflated again anyway). The cloud pbs are so cheap anyway, now they're going to be in the realm of 10k each, which isn't necessarily bad for an ugly color, but they could have at least picked something that keyquest doesn't regularly give out. :/

I'm a chronic complainer. I can't help it. Not like I can buy anything from the shop this year. I'm kinda miffed they don't have anything under 25 points in the shop. Not even something lame from the last three years. And haven't they given out these prizes before at some point? I remember there being posters before.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Well. That sure is nice of them to put a whole no items in for less than 25 points.

I have 23 points total.

So, I can't do jack-all with my points. Joy!
<3
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

-scowls-
I'm dissapointed too.. I kind of wanted a Yooyu and I shouldn't be surprised they made it out of my realm. I didn't kill myself playing, but I thought I worked hard. Got 696 points or something like that...

Bought the Chia Goallie Plushie, thought it was adorable and got some slushies and the towels. Figure I'll through them into my shop. Might as well try to make a little money off of them since they are of no use to me.

I also have to gripe about the 'Altador Theme' that they gave away, you can hardly read your NP, NC, and the time because of the trophy. They really thought that one through. -rolls eyes-

This was my first year participating, and I think it's safe to say I probably won't do it again.
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Tom wrote: I think it really shows how little TNT cares about its user base and how NC is indefinitely the major focus - compare even one of the prizes from the challenge (which, may I add, I felt was an extremely pointless and shameless addition) with one from the cup and there's no real contest. I'm usually rather passive about things, but I think this is quite honestly appalling. I'm very happy my interest severely waned.
Amen to that! I agree that anything you don't pay for ends up being shitty. That has to be one of the worst drawn medals I've ever seen. (I like the trophy though! I think it's cute.) Last years prizes were unbelieveably crappy, and I think this is a slight upgrade. The colored yooyus saved it.

TNT got slaughtered about the '08 prizes, and came out with some crap about "It's not about the prizes...."

I got 783 points. Impressive for non-YYB games only. NC was a prize? I don't see it available. I'll definitely get NC with my points. I hope that 783 points will get me something. I was hoping I could combine last years points with this years. No such luck. I like how there are more Yooyus available. (Was hoping for robot or faerie this year though) Maybe making the cloud PB available was to debunk last years rumor about how there would have been a pirate PB had KI would've won instead of RI.

Like EoFS said, the coloring is a bit off. It feels...small too. Like it would be a game trophy rather than a site wide event trophy.

*points up* Katy, do you mean the light blue AC theme? That one's my second favorite! (Tale of Woe is the best though) It's not real readable, but it's so happy looking, and probably the best prize given out so far.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I got 7,202 points. I made myself reach level 9 on the last day, which made for some very painful hours. It feels sort of pointless now as there is no prize in between value 2,000 and 10,000, but the bronze shield does look nifty.
I think I'll just buy 5 Vintage Roo Island Altador Cup Jerseys (they are awfully cute) and send them to my sides for lab rats to wear.
I'm not crazy about yet another look up medal, but nothing to be done about it.

And, yeah, comparatively NC challenge prizes and prize shop things are miles and miles away. It seams the only thing not infected with a side dish of NC items are the plots. I wonder whether that will change as well.
Last edited by zebru on 08 Jul 2009 03:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

So we got a Darigan and Halloween PBs the first two years...did that effect the price of the PB overall?

...:\..I don't know if I want spend my points
Image Image
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

TCStarwind wrote:And haven't they given out these prizes before at some point? I remember there being posters before.
Not sure about the posters, but all the Slushies except the Kiko Lake one were released last year. I already had all of them in my gallery.

It's kind of strange, the message saying I earned 50nc is gone from the prize shop page and I don't have any NC on my account. Wonder if TNT rethought their plan on handing it out?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I just looked them up. There were posters before, but they're for classic neohomes and are somewhat wavy. I have one in my neohome. The new ones are flat squares. The originals were sold at the suvenier shop during the tournament, I believe. Unfortunately, they both have the same name so finding one over the other will be somewhat difficult. :/

Which means, I need the new one as well, and the HW slushie since it seems I didn't get one last year.

Edit: Actually, I found my slushie in my gallery. I need to reorganize this thing. Also, I've written to the editorial about the poster name issue. Hopefully something will be done since it's relatively insignificant.
Last edited by TCStarwind on 08 Jul 2009 04:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Wow, these prizes suck! I feel bad for the people who dedicated the month to playing the AC.

I earned 637 points. I'm getting the pen, the book and the Meridell poster; already got the slushie last year. I'll still have 267 points left. Maybe I'll grab 2 posters. The Faerieland one is pretty as is the Lost Desert one.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

It wouldn't be so harsh if they hadn't released a ton of awesome items through the NC challenge. It just rubs it in, how every single site event is now going to be geared towards sucking money from people, instead of actually accomplishing something through skill. The NC challenges always involve very little.

But oh well. I'm happy with my first place trophy at least. This was the first AC I actually attempted to participate in, I made Rank 9 and we were in first place, I can't really complain.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I want the Roo Island shirt thing...um, thats it really.

Im glad I didnt break myself in trying to go All-Star.
Image Image
ImageImage