Altador Cup 09!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Altador Cup 09!

Post by Jessi »

I figured I'd start a topic, not that there's much to talk about right now xD

Today's news mentions that the Altador Cup 4 will be soon and that signups have started! I'm weird, and I look forward to the Altador Cup every year, even if I'm not so good at it xD It's just fun!

I'll probably be signing up with Team Shenkuu... yet again xD I like consistency. What are everyone else's team choices for the year?
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Altador Cup 09!

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Signed up with Krawk Island because I did when they were an underdog team, but I doubt I'll be playing much as I have no skill whatsoever at Yooyuball.

The Altador Cup has an NC Challenge this year. But before you all start lamenting the downfall of Neopian society, I'm delighted to report that this time around, they seem to have got it right:
~ The prizes for completing the challenge are said to be Neocash items, so none of the NC-for-Neopoints scandals that happened with Lulu will come into play.
~ The challenges don't really affect the tournament, since they seem to involve the games that you'd be playing anyway for your team. That is to say, participating in the NC Challenge doesn't push your team any further forward than they would otherwise be (although it might give players a bit more motivation to do so).

So, kudos to TNT on this one.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I joined Mystery Island, as well, that's the Team I have almost always been (I was Faerieland one year). Hopefully Mystery Island can do a bit better this year, but I'm still betting one of the more popular teams to win again.
I suck at Yooyuu Ball, especially after the changes made last year, so doubt I'll play much though. Still yay, something to do!
Last edited by Seerow on 29 May 2009 03:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'm still undecided.

Last year I picked the team I did because I liked the look of little yooyuball players from Altador best; two years before that I made my pick due to my favorite part of Neopia - Terror Mountain. I'm not all that eager to join either of those two now, as I'm a bit bored with the idea of looking at the same little Altador yooyuball team line up again and TM still looks too bright.
I was sort of hoping they would shuffle the players around a bit like last year to make things interesting (so that each team would have one new player of different species), but it seams they didn't touch a thing due to the additional workload that would have caused.

Hm... I'm eying the Kiko Lake team for of the novelty factor but the jumpy way the little kiko figurines move is a bit hard on my eyes...
*continues pondering*
Last edited by zebru on 29 May 2009 02:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
EofS

Post by EofS »

I signed up for Lost Desert without a moment's hesitation. They've served me well right from the start, even if they never seem a very popular team around these parts.

Perhaps time to dust the old sig off. If I can find it anywhere...
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Wow, for once I don't have finals during Altador Cup. Exciting! Deciding between Shenkuu and Krawk Island; might just go with Shenkuu out of loyalty. :)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I was reading through all the team blurbs, and did TNT proofread these at all 0_o Usually they are great about grammar and such, but the descriptions have tons of grammar/punctuation errors!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I feel kinda like Zebru does, in that I'm a bit bored of looking at the same players. I've played for Darigan each year, but I'm thinking of a change this time around. I need to figure out how to switch practice teams at will, so I can give each team a bit of a try-out.

Is it pitiful I'm almost certainly going to choose based on the team whose appearance is most pleasing?

Unless, of course, I can't seem to play with them. Last time I considered switching, I couldn't play at all with MI, the team I'd intended to switch to.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

I joined Shenkuu again, mostly out of loyalty. Let's see if I actually remember to play this year! :) (Not very good at it anyway... but it's summer and I have nothing to do.)
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Kamil wrote:Is it pitiful I'm almost certainly going to choose based on the team whose appearance is most pleasing?

Unless, of course, I can't seem to play with them. Last time I considered switching, I couldn't play at all with MI, the team I'd intended to switch to.
Well, there's two of us with that particular team choosing method, so it can't be that sad *highly amused*

I haven't figured out how to make the practice round start with the team you want, so I've just been reopening the window a lot. Jellyneo has a Pre-Season Practice Yooyuball here where you can try out all teams, but the window it plays in is pretty small.

I have the same problem with a lot of teams - I can't move or aim with some of their team's players at all. I've been getting a lot of bad scores in practices today thinking I'm just out of it after a long break, and the moment I tried out my last year's team my score went straight to 11:0 for Altador. Each team needs breaking in, I guess.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

I'm thoroughly excited.
This is all new to me, but after reading through things I'm extremely looking forward to it.

Seems like a really neat idea, I'm not really good at games, but when I have a motivation I seem to excel more.

I joined Faerieland, kind of seemed like underdogs, and I love Faerie pets.
I have a Faerie Tonu after all... -lol-
:mrgreen:
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I joined back in the first Altador Cup based off looks..

I'm going with Faerieland again. The first year I went for Darigan Central, but I think I switched halfway. And yay, Slushie Slinger is back! :D
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I'm going with Maraqua, like I have past years, just because I love Maractite. I can hope for pretty things if they win...

Why did they ditch the Jelly practice team in favor of Custard? Jelly was actually pretty clever, seeing as there is a Jellyworld that isn't represented in the lineup... And custard is just... Ew.

Anyway, should prove to be interesting! I'll have to remember to spend more time on it this year, last year I got super bored and didn't play much.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Roo Island!

..I still have left over points from last years AC...x_x I don't know what to spend it on
Image Image
ImageImage
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Roo Island. Been with them since the beginning and I have no notion of changing now