Altador Cup 09!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
varii

Re: Altador Cup 09!

Post by varii »

My goal at the start of the cup was to play at least one game a day. Unless I really kick my butt into gear, I am going to fail this goal miserably. The first year of the cup I did not play for some reason, the second year I score 1,519 goals, the third year (I was studying abroad and our computer access was shared) I scored 242. This year I am going for 50. The Altador Cup doesn't really hold my interest at all. :/
rei @ neopets
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Haha, I came into the cup with such a... 'pfft, not bothered' attitude, as prevails when I think of Neopets these days, but I've really somewhat surprised myself. I mhmmed and ahhhed over Kreludor or Roo Island, and settled for Roo. After getting trounced for four consecutive days, my interest was oddly perked, despite it being the middle of exam season, and tonight I've somehow played about 70 games and ranked up twice... to rank two. I bet a thrashing to MI is going to remove any enthusiasm, but participating along on the boards has really helped, I must say. Amazingly, this is the most I've ever actually played YYB in one year. xD

http://www.neopets.com/~Livlier

If anyone still wants a banner. :P
Subeta: Thomas
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Katy... wrote:
Seerow wrote:Is it sad that my goal is to reach rank 1 by the end of the event? I'm playing the three scores that net me np on all the games involved, which takes enough of my time. There is no way I could play Yooyuu ball more then 5 times a day, it's just too boring and time consuming. Maybe if each game didn't last ~3 minutes I would play more.
I don't think that's sad... That's kind of my goal too... It's pretty much the only dedication I have left. -lol-

Level 1 is also my only goal. I have no hope whatsoever getting past it playing non YYB games.

I just played 52 games of SS last night to catch up. o_O

So that makes.....86 games, only 14 more to go, and I can actually play for fun after this. Does anyone else see this new NC game phasing out MSN for good? For one, the game gives you arthritis, and does almost nothing to help boost your level alone. Whether or not people have paid with cash, I don't ever see myself touching MSN again --- A game where about 1,000 plays may get you up half a level. I already wanna blow my brains out from SS.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
varii

Post by varii »

So Maraqua is up against Mystery Island today and since I haven't played in a week, I figured I'd get a couple games in today before work. I'm sure it is a mixture of my imagination and lack of practice, but damn the MI bot was really hard to score on. I couldn't even score a goal during my first try.
rei @ neopets
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

UGH. :(

If the guides I'm seeing are "current" at all, I have a problem. I would REALLY like a shield that has a blue gem in it, but there's NO WAY I'm going to even get Level 4. Level 15 is the prettiest. But...NO WAY. I don't know how I'm going to even manage Level 1.

If a Yooyuball game were quick enough, I'd buckle down and learn how to play better, but it's not worth it. I would have to win at least 20 games of it per day, meaning over an hour a day playing it....

If Shootout Showdown counted for more, I'd be happy playing it. I don't much like Slushie Slinger, and I'm not going to touch MSN again with a barge pole.

Even if I hadn't procrastinated until now, I wouldn't have gotten very far anyway. I'm not dedicating my every waking hour to this.

Boo.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

It's the last day before the finals today, isn't it?

Is it known yet who the first four are? I have absolutely no clue looking at the standings. I'm pretty sure Darigan is out of it though. They really had it rough last week - it was somewhat painful to watch. Shame, I was beginning to hope for a cool trophy this year instead of the medal.

Coincidentally I've played very little that same week. Been pretty busy and will likely remain so over the next one. But I may just squeeze in some time to reach first brass rank level (I'm two ranks away - currently level 7).

I am however having a lot of dun deciding which 5 NC challenge prizes to pick (I acquired a 5 ticket pack with help of an ever so wonderful fellow NCer).You can see all the prizes so far here:
http://sunnyneo.com/altadorcup/guide4/NCChallenge2.php

So far I settled on the three bellow (all of which I luurve). Will make up my mind on the last two when last 4 prizes are out - it's pretty tight.
Image Image Image

Maraquan Wind Chimes are probably my favorite sound effect NC mall item ever. They sound exactly right (Ocy is wearing them).
Last edited by zebru on 01 Jul 2009 01:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
EofS

Post by EofS »

I'm indifferent to the item when worn, but I think that this is absolutely adorable:

As for the current rankings - Darigan probably aren't quite out of it yet. Top five are most likely Kreludor, Krawk Island, Lost Desert, Shenkuu and Darigan - possibly in that order, possibly 3rd and 4th switched, possibly a different order entirely. Who knows, maybe Altador's first ;0)

I've still not even motivated myself to play all the way to first level, though I'm 6 games off. The game is *really* buggy though (it freezes a LOT) which has made it incredibly frustrating this year and not exactly encouraged me to play. I figure if we make it to the finals, I'll play more then - but if we end up in the 5-8 group I dunno that I'll bother.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I made it to level 1 and got the avvie. I'm happy.

I actually rather like Shootout Showdown. Very easy and takes so little time, but it doesn't count for much I guess.

AC is boring. Hee, I'd be flamed off Neo if I dared to say that on the neoboards.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

AC is boring. *nods*

And because of Neo's massive fail with the trophies (giant, pretty ones if you happen to play for the winning team, even if you only score one goal - medal if you don't, even if you score 10,000) I couldn't bring myself to keep playing once my team (RI) fell out of contention. Mind, this will be the year they do something about that - but oh well. If that's the case I'll make myself keep playing next year.

But failing pretty new bling for my lookup, the AC can't hold my attention. I'll never be good enough to score sufficient points for a Yooyu, the only other thing that could keep me playing long past the point where my interest dies.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I made All-Star this past Sunday, but everything else I ever do online has been suffering - mostly Subeta/Wizard quests. Oh and my shop and Plushie Tycoon game on Neo have also been severely neglected.

I'll be disappointed if Darigan doesn't make the top four, though I don't think we will. Anyway, I can't wait for it to be over, but I will keep playing until the end.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Well, I managed to make it to level 1 and got the avvie. I didn't know I had until I pointedly looked at my shield and then checked my chat preferences.

Meridell isn't going to make it in. BAH. I wonder if this means that my AC stuff is now officially over.

Ah well, if all I get is a medal, my consolation is that I wasn't going to get the shield I wanted anyway. :P
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Alright! So the finals have (finally) been announced!

Tier 1:
1. Kreludor
2. Krawk Island
3. Lost Desert
4. Shenkuu

Tier 2:
5. Darigan (Aw, so close!)
6. Tyrannia
7. Maraqua
8. Mystery Island

Tier 3:
9. Haunted Woods
10. Roo Island
11. Meridell
12. Virtupets

Tier 4:
13. Kiko Lake
14. Terror Mountain
15. Altador
16. Faerieland

Soooo... quick poll here: If you team is now officially out of it, who are you rooting to win it all? I'm undecided between Krawk Island and Kreludor. I think it's KI's turn, but I still kinda like Kreludor. They are so evenly matched, it's gonna be a close race!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
EofS

Post by EofS »

*Happy little deserty dance*

I'm glad Kreludor have made it in though though - it's been really interesting that they've rocketed up so well this year. I'll be supporting them if we don't make it into the final two. Assuming they do...
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

EofS wrote:*Happy little deserty dance*

I'm glad Kreludor have made it in though though - it's been really interesting that they've rocketed up so well this year. I'll be supporting them if we don't make it into the final two. Assuming they do...

YEAH! I'm on Shenkuu, and I'm almost fascinated how LD and Kreludor just wiped the floor this year. This is going to be a very aggressive final.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Lost Desert was one of my other potential teams. After all, my entire academic life (all 18 years of it from kindergarten through graduating college), the sports team colors were blue and gold. I'm pulling for LD. :-)