Neoadventure Spotlight Closing

Post anything new on Neopets here.
ZomgethMew

Neoadventure Spotlight Closing

Post by ZomgethMew »

Next week's Neoadventure Spotlight will be the last time someone will will the spotlight. Make sure you submit your neoadventure if you haven't.
Yep. The news says that the next Neoadventure Spotlight is the last one. Has a spotlight ended before? I hope this doesn't mean the Neoadventure thingy is going to die >>;; I like that game, even if it's not very popular, it blocks apostrophes, and the images are messed up because it adds "ts.com" at the end of them.

I'd submit my adventure, but it's another cookie cutter babysitting one that's nowhere near finished :/ Ah well. I guess it wasn't very popular, and at least they're telling us about it early.

(I hope I did this right o_o;;)
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Neoadventure Spotlight Closing

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Yeah, I'm really puzzled about this. I mean, in any other case, I'd immediately think "revamp", but you can't exactly revamp a text-based engine. And they haven't introduced any new medium of expression on the site, so it's not as if they're going to put in another spotlight in its place. I wonder what they're up to?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It's probably just too much hassle for them to keep finding a good spotlight with comparitively few users making new stories.

You can also "revamp" a text-based engine, especially one with so many errors, by redoing the code from scratch. Or at least fixing the code, but if it isn't very popular, they may just prefer to ignore it and pretend it no longer exists.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yeah, I imagine it's because they have to pay someone to read the adventures. It's not like a picture, or even a short poem, that you only need a minute to examine.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I didn't think about that - it's probably because it's not that popular. It's sad, but it makes sense.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I've noticed several times in past weeks that instead of a winner, there has just been a "Please remember to submit your NeoAdventure spotlight!" message. So I'm sure they are getting few decent entries, and at some point it isn't worth it to sort through the junk entries if there isn't a good chance of finding a decent one.

That's really still sad however, as I loved the spotlight, though the one I was building I haven't touched in almost a year.

I hope they do at least a minor revamp, especially with all the current problems. I seem to remember the NeoAdventure being a pet project of Snarkie, but it might still not get saved.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Hm, and now the Neogolf and Meridell Castle spotlights are ending, too? o_O;; I hope they don't remove the Pirate Caves spotlight. Or I would be pissed.