New Draik Egg Colours

Post anything new on Neopets here.
champagnesoup

New Draik Egg Colours

Post by champagnesoup »

Image Image

Lol at the difference in sizes! I'm not a huge Draik fan apart from Mutant ones, just cos I think regular Draiks look so weedy (though less weedy than they did pre-revamp, I think they have improved a lot since customisation) but I'm sure this is very exciting news for a lot of people, especially someone who manages to restock one at Merifoods :D
NeonDragonfly

Re: New Draik Egg Colours

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Those eggs are spiffy, I like how the Pirate has an ear ring xD And the Desert is cute with it's little hat :3
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

It's a neat idea to introduce some more Draik Eggs that include a paint job as well. The accessories are cute (even though the earring makes little sense xD ). I wonder if they'll add even more egg types in the future.
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The idea is good. I aprove.

The item art is another thing. Can't say the eggs are pretty. The lineart on the pirate accesories is HUGE and the desert one looks oddly small.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Well, at least this gives more options for those wantng draiks. I can't decide if these will cause inflation or deflation of the draik :/
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

New draik eggs mean that there will be more stocking. However, people tend to use the "fancy" draik egg colors like Darigan as if they are more special than the norm, and thus they might cost more than the paint brush and egg would normally.

But Desert and especially Pirate are fairly expensive brushes, so I'm not sure if they would sell much if the post tried to keep them at Egg+Brush prices.

At any rate, both colors are very desirable for draiks, since they have lots of accessories and nothing is more fashionable than decking out your draik to put a Christmas tree to shame. I suppose overall it will end up a good thing. I still doubt they will do much for the incredibly inflating eggs, but it is worth a try.

I'm amused that most of the draik egg lots on the TP are asking ridiculous prices, like 20mil, but there is a basic draik egg in auction for "only" 12.5 mil and it hasn't sold. (There's also an unsold Darigan Draik Egg at the moment - asking 16mil)
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Seeing as I'm recently finding myself in the market for a draik I can only hope the prices of draiks in general will go down thanks to the addition of these two new eggs. While I agree the execution of the items isn't the best, the thought is very nice indeed.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Razzbunny

Post by Razzbunny »

I totally missed these in the news. O_o
I hope hope hope it deflate prices at least a bit. I really want a Desert Draik.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

10 million for a Draik????

Pardon me for a moment while I hyperventilate.

Man. I think I paid about 2 million for my Draik Transmog and I remember we were all talking about how horribly inflated it was back in the day...
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I know, back in the day my Darigan Draik egg was about 3 or 4 million I believe. Took me forever to save up for it.

When I saw 17-20 million on the Trading Post, I couldn't imagine who has that much NP in the first place. o_o I'm shocked at just about everything on the site right now, inflation's gone through the roof. I remember being able to buy the more plain paintbrushes and transmogrification potions on the Shop Wizard for under 100k. *shakes head in disbelief*
Image Image
Kari

Post by Kari »

My first Draik was made from a Fire Draik Morphing Potion. Cost? 550k. My most expensive Draik, from a Mutant Transmog Potion, was 3.5 million.
derp
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I've noticed a few people asking for draiks that were hatched rather than morphed/transmog'd, so I wonder if these eggs will make the request even more popular. (I don't see how that's legal in trading, but am not a pet trader so I really don't know.)

On the topic of inflation - I got two draik potions within a year or so of draiks being released for about 250k each, which seemed like a lot of nps back then. I used one and made a fire draik (lost while lending to a friend for the av before safe transfers; now on a frozen account) and hoarded the other for years, only to sell for 2.5 mil about 6 months before the crazy inflation set in. My transmog I got for 1.2 mil - sold my first NQII Ramtors Spellbook to get it.

I wish Taelia still gave out draik potions. That might help with inflation.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Something has to be done about the inflation of so many items. I don't see why TNT doesn't use their already instated hidden tower. Even if the items weren't available full time in the towers, occasionally tossing in the hyper inflated items to bring down prices could be a very quick solution. No wonder kids fall for scams on the site all the time when so many items are almost literally forever out of reach. If a kid only knew to play flash games and didn't have the faculties to figure out food club or parents that provide a reliable enough connection for restocking then just how many years of playing flash games would it take for a kid to afford one draik? Kid sees a chance of getting a free paint brush over and over again they might just be that desperate to give it a try.

Back when I got a draik potion it was 210k for a purple morphing potion. How I wish I had stocked up on a ton of them.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets