Post anything new on Neopets here.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I didn't really know where to put it, but thought that anyone trying for the number six avatar may like to know that today, you only need 5,861,466 NP for it. And, in other news, there's been a new avatar released today. You have to score 4000 in Nimmo's Pound, which wasn't much of a stretch. If you have a high level yellow shot, and don't just hold down the up key so that you fly around (little taps work wonders), it's really not too hard. My friend tells me the review score is 4500, though, so you might want to score just under it.

Here be an image:

It's ugly, but one for the collection.
Subeta: Thomas
Silver Link

Re: Avatar updates

Post by Silver Link »

I don't think I'll ever get that Six avatar unless they get it to below 500,000. And forget about Nimmo's Pond. Always sucked at that game
varii

Post by varii »

I have tried to play Nimmo's pond and it basically ends up with my frog zooming around with no sense of direction, firing at nothing in particular and then I die. I will try little taps to see if that helps.
rei @ neopets
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Ditto. I have a current high score of 120; I think the avatar is a little way off for me yet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

My high score before I started was only around 600. Just erm, try not to zoom so much. If you're going too fast, just turn 180 degrees and start moving the other way to slow yourself down. The game is mainly an issue of patience. Just... shoot anything large and heading towards you, then work on the little things. Use bombs sparingly, if a large lily pad is heading towards you. And the yellow shot!

Jazzy: if you're going to update the avatar section here, the name of it is 'Nimmos Pond'.
Subeta: Thomas
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

My high score was 570 and I managed to get to 3600-something yesterday. I haven't had a chance to try again. I stayed in the middle and didn't use the up/down keys at all - just the left/right to rotate, using a bomb if any lilypads got too close.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Just got this one :D It came easy to me once I realized it's all about power up build up just as Pterattack. Just build up yellow beam to 5-6 and all you have to do is move in circle (no paddling) and shoot like a machinegun cleaning up the whole screen in seconds. The tricky part is getting your first two yellow power ups - they are a bit scarce in a first 10 levels.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Have finally got round to adding it to the avatars page - thanks!