Magma paintbrush?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
champagnesoup

Magma paintbrush?

Post by champagnesoup »

TDN are saying that this is confirmed, does anyone know anything else about this? I wish they would release that April's Fool tree-effect paintbrush instead!
Mistress Morbid

Re: Magma paintbrush?

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Hmm...could be interesting. I wonder if it will be similar to Fire Paw:

Perhaps with more of a cracked/blackened skin with fire glowing through the crevices. First thing I thought of was the Lava Tarantulas in World of Warcraft. xD
Image Image
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

A lot of people are wondering if Magma is going to look like Fire Paw - strange because that pattern just looks like Camo to me. I find it odd that Magma is the new colour when we have a Fire paintbrush.

And with those Lava Tarantulas, it is a good job I don't play WoW D: D: D: Do not want!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The way I figure, they have SNOW and ICE..same element, but different representation.
Image Image
ImageImage
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Goldenchaos, that's a good point! I hope the Magma pets are like rock with magma bubbling up through the cracks - maybe we'll see our first animated colour?
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

An animated colour actually might be a really cool addition, as long as it wasn't overdone. Most pet lookups have animations in the background now anyways, so it wouldn't look overly 'busy'. The small images could be static while the large flash image could have a few little details, perhaps some smoke or lava bubbles.
Image Image
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Maybe TNT have been seeing how animated customisation would go down before introducing an animated colour - what with the MME as well, that makes a lot of sense to me. I'll be pretty disappointed if it looks rubbish now!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

You said magma, and the first thing I thought of was a rocky, crack covered lupe flowing with lava. Similar to that tarantula up there, but with more and darker rocks. Sounds kinda cool, especially if they have an orangie glow.

But hey, we have a useless lutari paint brush, so maybe everyone is overreacting?
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Heh, or maybe they saw Subeta's awesome version of fire and are making a "reborn" color.

(I swear they did that with Zombie when they saw graveyard).
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
varii

Post by varii »

Eh. I'm skeptical. They already have fire and camo...and we know how lazy they are when it comes to colours, especially colourfills which I assume this will be.

I went to TDN and the pet colour site that started this rumor and it seems a little pulled out of thin air. They found this colour and know that it will be released for 20 pets off the bat but they don't know which pets? I would be more apt to believe it if they provided any type of url proof to back it up.

The whole release 20 pets at one time thing is stupid, too. TNT is quickly running into the problem where certain pets will be available in all colour within the next two years or so. As annoying as waiting for certain colours is *cough*Zombie Draik*cough* the system they have of staggering releases works for them.

It's probably true and I probably sound way more serious than I actually care and we'll end up being let down by the art anyway. :) I dunno, I'll believe it when Jellyneo reports on it as fact.
rei @ neopets
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

The "evidence" I'm seeing is that the Tyrannian Weaponry shopkeeper was updated.

A couple fan sites are claiming to have found it, but without having found any images, I'm not sure how they can claim even the color name.
SunnyNeo wrote:We got some very hot news today. Our little snooping bot has found a new colour. TNT is working on a new colour called Magma. Unfortunately there are no pictures yet, so we can only guess how this new colour will look like. Apparently, this colour will be released for 20 pets but we don't know for which ones either.
I'll be surprised if anything actually comes of this and it isn't just an attention seeking ploy. I'm pretty cynical though.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Well, I should imagine that there will be a new colour released soon because pets like Aishas and Shoyrus that come in most colours now anyway will run out soon - you're right about that, Varii.

However, I am reminded of the Lutari Island paintbrush - the Lutari pets that we've seen look so cool! I do wonder why TNT haven't activated it, maybe Lutari Island hasn't been as profitable as they had hoped?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ehh, as cool as a Magma color could be, I can't see Neo releasing a fire-based color when there is already Fire on the site. That updated shopkeeper just looks like Fire Kougra to me :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Regardless of how this goes, we totally need to make a fake colour up one day and put it on our front page, only ours will be photoshopped. But we'll be such experienced photoshoppers they won't be able to tell by ANY of the pixels.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I'm very skeptical. If they were going to release another elemental colour, I would be surprised if they chose one so close to an already existing one (and one which was removed from the site- stone). On the other hand, perhaps they see this as a chance to revive the old stone colour in a more dynamic and interesting way.

I was going to say than an 'earth' colour would seem more likely, with the tree colour popping up too, but you might say camo was sort of an earth colour. Wind or air would be difficult.

I guess quite a lot of people would like to see a Shenkuu colour, but given that it would probably be a lot like Royal and TNT would prefer to encourage sales of clothing items rather than paintbrushes, that seems unlikely now.
Neopets wishlists: here