Magma paintbrush?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Ailiel

Re: Magma paintbrush?

Post by Ailiel »

Available for 20 species of pets at once, huh? I know this is just a rumor, but what if they are looking to release a paint brush in the NC mall? The idea of an animated color got me thinking.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Ailiel wrote:Available for 20 species of pets at once, huh? I know this is just a rumor, but what if they are looking to release a paint brush in the NC mall? The idea of an animated color got me thinking.
BINGO! That's exactly what I was thinking. The idea probably has been thought of but put on hold in order to find a proper time for the NC mal paint brush to be released. Now that most of the unhappiness about the nc mall has faded, they think people are ready to pay real money to paint their pets... =/
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Michelle wrote:Now that most of the unhappiness about the nc mall has faded, they think people are ready to pay real money to paint their pets... =/
Well, heck, that's what people are practically doing by buying clothes from the NC Mall. I've bought quite a few things using Neocash - not like, hundreds of dollars worth, but probably $30ish or so. If a PB was good enough that I really wanted it, I would cough up money for it - just like I'd cough up money without a second thought to buy a pet-unconverter.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

If there was ever something I *really* loved from the NC Mall, I would spend real money on it.

A lot of people have this abhorrence to spending real cash on fake or virtual items, but the way I see it, I spend real money on worthless crap in real life all the time. Makes no difference if I'm dropping $10 at a fast food restaurant or on a pet site.
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'll admit I had that mindset at first that MM was saying, refusing to spend real money on fake goods, but I had a few good neopet friends gift me items from time to time that sucked me in, and have now spent all of 5 bucks on my pets in the mall. I figure the total utility of a few pretty items for my pets equates to 5 bucks worth of gaming at an arcade and will last longer. I've seen some go hog wild and lavish their pets with oodles of items, but a few bucks here and there I can't see so bad at this point. As for a paintbrush in the mall, if it comes to that, I guess I could see happening and not being such a horrible thing. Yes, a lot of people will complain that they have no access to NC and cant' get a paintbrush of that color, but I find it no different than people who buy potions out of the cash shop on Subeta. The question it brings to mind though is (providing magma or some other brush turns out to be a NC Mall color) will pets painted that color be able to be traded normally? After all, items from the mall can only be traded via special gift boxes.

Course in the end the whole thing could go the way of NeoSchools, so I'm not too worried about it.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I really hope it isn't an NC Mall-only colour - I'm in the UK and cannot buy Neocash cards. If they made it NC Mall and FFQ only, that wouldn't be so bad :D
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

::raises eyebrows:: ...really? I personally don't believe this at all. Sure, all my years spent on Neopets has left me cynical and jaded, but c'mon. To repeat what has already been said, we already have fire. Why not something earthy? SunnyNeo's "snooping bot" need to find "evidence bot".
Releasing a color for 20 pets at the same time? When have they ever done that? Zombie doesn't even have 20 pets.

And if that shopkeeper is "magma"... then I have very low hopes for this color. That kougra is just Fire without any black.

The speculation about "Magma" being an animated and NeoCash color is interesting, though.
daisybell wrote:I was going to say than an 'earth' colour would seem more likely, with the tree colour popping up too, but you might say camo was sort of an earth colour. Wind or air would be difficult.
Cloud?
varii wrote:I dunno, I'll believe it when Jellyneo reports on it as fact.
I agree!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

lavender wrote:
daisybell wrote:I was going to say than an 'earth' colour would seem more likely, with the tree colour popping up too, but you might say camo was sort of an earth colour. Wind or air would be difficult.
Cloud?!
Technically, Cloud is another water one... but you have a fair point.
Neopets wishlists: here
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

At this point I'm still skeptical about magma being a new color, but I've just taken more into this talk about how the NC Mall could possibly be used with a paint brush color. Really, I'm curious if putting other existing paint brushes in the NC Mall would drive down demand for those floating around already and fix the economy some on neo...or if it'd just hike up the costs for those that can't get NC.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've spent money in the NC mall. If you look at my main account pets right now you can see $8 worth of backgrounds (and yet still so simplistic... so retro!). Since Mall Mania arrived I've spent about $25, the last $10 of which recently, because I needed a stupid box to trade for something I REALLY needed and that meant a gift card. While I was at it I picked up the circle backgrounds I've been wanting for my main account pets.

But I'm definitely still ambivalent towards the whole thing. An NC mall paint brush doesn't surprise me a bit, nor does it aggravate me in any way. It's the logical next step. I was just speculating.

I would be all over an unconvert item, although at this point it would likely make me a bit peeved. I mean, people have gone to great lengths to get unconverted pets after conversion happened-- myself included. So it would be upsetting to see them up for sale for $5 a pop. The event that they might have done something like that kept me for a long time from trading my krawk, for instance. But finally I decided I just didn't care. So my official line is that I don't care if they do, but really I believe I would a little. Of course a bunch more pretty unconverted pets might appease my annoyance.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Xelio wrote:Really, I'm curious if putting other existing paint brushes in the NC Mall would drive down demand for those floating around already and fix the economy some on neo...or if it'd just hike up the costs for those that can't get NC.
I actually wouldn't mind if they did something like this. Obviously not putting the paintbrushes there as static, permanent items. But have them randomly show up with a limited amount. They vary the type of paintbrushes and have some released every once in a while. Injecting a few more into the site might tame a bit of the massive inflation if done right.
Image Image
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

I could see them putting magma in the NC Mall if it is animated. I think it would look cool with a bubbling effect. The only money I've spent on Neo is a few months of premium, but if the color is well done and fits one of my pets, I'd consider buying it if it's not too expensive.

If they put regular paint brushes in the NC Mall, it would probably be the ones with clothing. It's a good idea, though. I'd rather spend $5 for a paintbrush than to slave away for three months just to have the prices raised further. I really hope for an unconverting item, too.