Bonju Avatar (split from Editorial thread)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Silver Link

Bonju Avatar (split from Editorial thread)

Post by Silver Link »

Well, apparently they gave out more hints for the Bonju avatar. I think it may have something to do with the Cooking Pot but I thought people already tested out that theory
Michelle

Re: Editorial Time!

Post by Michelle »

I think it's a specific time period for the cooking pot. At one point they said you need to hurry up, it will only be available for a few more days and then you'll have to wait another year. Maybe, it's all through the month of august?
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

So it's been solved

Blumaroo Steak + Orange Juice + Gourmet Cooking For Your Pet

The first two are easy to get but the last one is going through insane inflation. And TNT said it would be an affordable avvie :\
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Don't forget that you need to have the Mad About Orange avatar as your active, too, or so they say.

And I'm pretty sure TNT said it was affordable at the time they wrote the editorial... not that it was going to stay affordable. :P The book was 900 NP earlier today (and no, I didn't get one). I'm sure the price will drop again next month, but of course then we have to wait until next August to get the avatar.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I wish I could make Ocy un-read that book :S It's 600k now and climbing to 800k.
I'm not sure I want to spend that much on r50 book *goes to refresh at Magical Bookshop while pondering what to do*
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The first two are easy to get but the last one is going through insane inflation. And TNT said it would be an affordable avvie :\
First item is cheap because of Edna quests, second is cheap because of Dice-a-Roo. Third item can't be gotten by quests or games.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Yes, but they claimed everyone account would be able to get it. I guess they told a half truth :\

I sort of hope they also told a half truth about how long before the lockout starts. Maybe it'll extend past August

I dunno, I'm pissed at all the people taking advantage of all of this and trying to sell the book for 1.5 mil (half because I don't have the avatar and half because I didn't think of buying those books and getting in on the action)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Silver Link wrote:Yes, but they claimed everyone account would be able to get it. I guess they told a half truth :\
Earlier this afternoon, you could get the juice and steak for less than 100 NP, and the book for under 5K
They didn't lie. I personally lacked timing and missed on the book.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Iggy wrote:
Silver Link wrote:Yes, but they claimed everyone account would be able to get it. I guess they told a half truth :\
Earlier this afternoon, you could get the juice and steak for less than 100 NP, and the book for under 5K
They didn't lie. I personally lacked timing and missed on the book.
What were the chances that people were going to solve it before the editorial came out? As low as every other day

I bet they planned on giving out the info necessary to solve it on the last weekend of August so they wouldn't have to talk about it the next day
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I was lucky and have a friend who has a book shop and had several in her SDB - she gave them to a couple of her friends rather than taking advantage of people by selling.

Hopefully the book will deflate as they restock over the weekend.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

No, they said "any account is eligible to get the Bonju avatar," which is true -- your account doesn't need to be a certain age or anything. And we all will be able to get it eventually. Item avatars are always crazy expensive right after they're solved. By next August, it'll be MUCH cheaper. I don't mind waiting... after all, we've already been waiting since 2006. :P
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Cranberry wrote:
No, they said "any account is eligible to get the Bonju avatar," which is true -- your account doesn't need to be a certain age or anything. And we all will be able to get it eventually. Item avatars are always crazy expensive right after they're solved. By next August, it'll be MUCH cheaper. I don't mind waiting... after all, we've already been waiting since 2006. :P
I know they'd be eligible - I meant that people who could afford it would be able to have it. Some people don't have 800k+ to their names nor do they have restocking abilities (the latter to which I fall into. I'd pay someone to restock the book for me if I could)

Screw waiting. I'm an impatient SOB
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Silver Link wrote:Screw waiting. I'm an impatient SOB
*laughs* You'd think they'd pick a very worthless book like Gerapiku recipe, to help intercept the gouging.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The book was really cheap though. It may not have been the most common book ever, but it was far from rare. Remember, as Cranberry pointed out, we've had nearly three years of hype and annoyed avvie collectors that have all wanted that avatar. Of course pretty much any item(s) they chose would have shot up in price like crazy. Unless they were all tombola or fishing items :P
I'll have to wait till next year to get it (if I even remember!) unless something drastic happens and the book shots down in price in the next few days. At least I already have the Orange avatar so I'm all set to go if I ever get the book.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

*laughs* You'd think they'd pick a very worthless book like Gerapiku recipe, to help intercept the gouging.
Okay, let me tell you something. It would have been worse.

The book was worth 1500 NP yesterday afternoon. If they picked Geraptiku Recipes, or any other worthless book, not only the price would have been as high, it would have even been higher, and wouldn't have deflated much, due to the fact this book does not restock.

So nope. Switching a restockable book for a not restockable one = BAD IDEA. BAD BAD BAD.

I didn't want to wait. I paid a lot for the book. I can rebuy gallery items every day of the year. Getting the avatar, I had a limited time to do so. It was a AWFUL choice to make, but in the end, I got what I wanted. I can always rebuy the items I used to pay, none of them are rare.