Createable draiks...Operation: Stalk and hoard!!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Usul_Princess

Createable draiks...Operation: Stalk and hoard!!

Post by Usul_Princess »

We're assuming on the :06-:09 th of every hour: (:06-:09, :16-:19, :26-:29, 36:-:39,)

If you're on now, make post like Tarla alerts or jump for joy!

I just got 2 draiks!!!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Createable draiks...Operation: Stalk and hoard!!

Post by AngharadTy »

You're kind of assuming we all know about this already. So, what, they're releasing some into the create-a-pet function?
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yup Ty, it seems they are releasing small patch of them into the Create-A-Pet. Usul, what times are they? Is it every 6-9 minutes, or just 6-9 minutes past every hour?
Good thing I don't really like Draiks. No way in hell would I battle the literally thousands of people wanting/hoarding many to get one today.

It's nice they are releasing some though for those who want to try and get one.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

:06 :09, :29, and :50 within the hour has worked. (1,000 draiks per batch) Although that was 2 hours ago and now it seems completely random.

A running joke on the boards is "F5 NST" which is pretty much what I'm doing.

Hell, I don't want one (except Maraquan) and I want to reap the benefits of the pound board. (Since I already have 2, I'm waiting for a FFQ to fall out of the sky for the supposed mara draik I'll get.) I'm thrilled about the potion deflation though. This is also rumored to be some goof that a staff member did by accident. Releasing a restricted species and not simply an LE one. (I highly doubt this to be true though.)
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 09 Sep 2009 04:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

For what it's worth, there haven't been any released later than 3pm BST (7am NST) according to the pet number statistics - it's been stuck at 15,001 Draiks since then, and probably a bit before then as well, since I only first checked at 3pm. I'm not going to say that they aren't releasing any more, but they certainly aren't releasing them hourly or randomly but regularly since it's been more than an hour and a half without any :P
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

They are releasing 1000 each batch? That seems rather excessive actually, considering they are supposed to be such rare pets 0_o I was assuming about 50 per batch, maybe 100 tops.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

Ugh. this is retarded. Why would TNT only release Draiks when I was asleep....?!?! >:O
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Maybe it's 500 per batch, but I don't think it's any smaller because I've only witnessed 3 total releases, and before the 15,001 there were 12,001 draiks. I thought these type boards were CG'ers to be honest. The batches don't last any longer than 45 seconds, so have a name prepared.
ImageImage

Skitty

Post by Skitty »

...Seriously? Draiks?

Wow. Chalk this up as something I would have never though Neopets would do in a million years. Next I expect Lutaris will be poundable, and customization will be optional, and all the paint brushes will be in the hidden tower for a fixed price.

If the Darigan Draik still existed this might've been enough to pull me back to Neopets at least long enough to give it a second third fourth some very large numberth chance. Unfortunately not.

Am I the only one that's floored by hearing this though? I mean in all the years since the Draik was released this is definite first.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Wow, this is crazy! I never thought Draiks would be released like this on their day. Not that I can create any, but it must be really exciting for people who've been wanting one for a long time.

I'd assume the releases will be staggered throughout the day so that it's fair for people in other timezones, etc. They may do a batch in the morning, another mid-day, and a last one this evening perhaps?
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Since this new wave of releases are balancing out trades, I hope I can get a nicely named UC darigan shoyru (It's not a horribly popular pet, but it would look nice on my shoyru side account.) or a 6th UC grey species I want and don't own.

Hoarding 3 draiks is kinda pointless for me because my accounts are bursting, and I'll have 20 pets and two useless lab rays. I know a special someone who wants one and I'll adopt out to if I can create 3 today.
ImageImage

Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Draik potions are apparently deflating due to this, so now's a good time to buy them if you were looking for one.

It's funny timing because just yesterday I arranged a pet trade so I could get a draik. xD I decided I'm going to remake Shroomy as a Royal Girl, so I've got a custom being created for me in exchange for Squeebly. I notified the person who's creating her in case they're online today to either create a draik or just buy one of the cheap(er) potions. She can save some NP that way. >.>
Image Image
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

come here draiky draiky draikies!!!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

0____0

Are you kidding me? Well, I mean, I know you're not, but whomg. I never ever thought I'd live long enough to see Neo pull something like this. I don't actually have a spot for one - assuming they release more - but I am glad for those who can get one.

I'm less glad for anyone who traded away something dear for one yesterday. but who on earth could've predicted this?

*boggle*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Neopets is so laggy. ;_; I'm trying to figure out a name for a draik that will work with what I already have figured out and it is horrible. Even the nearly blank page that says if a pet exists or not is hell.

I think I'm going to do it by petpage instead of pet lookup. Maybe the petpage server won't have been hit so hard.

I have to abandon a pet to create, which I feel awful doing, but. I was trying to trade them anyway. xP

Poor Xelio. She was having a heart attack trying to trade for a draik just earlier this month, and finally got one. But I'm sure she would've loved to have waited and not go through the headache of trying to trade. xP