Createable draiks...Operation: Stalk and hoard!!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: Createable draiks...Operation: Stalk and hoard!!

Post by mellaka »

My first draik was 250k (fire) and my second 1.2 mil (mutant). They weren't that far apart, that I remember, but the trans was higher since that's the only guaranteed way to get mutant. For another perspective, I sold my first Ramtors Spellbook from NQII evil to get the nps to buy a draik trans, and last I looked those were about 300k.

I thought the draik prices were crazy when they hit 3 mil - 5 mil, and would like to see them drop back into that range again or lower.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'd actually want Draiks prices to drop, but not just Draiks.

Most r99 items, paintbrushes, morphing potions all need to deflate. So, if they have to deflate things, perhaps giveaways and such?
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Personally I adore draiks, fat heads and all, so I'd be happy to see the prices go down so they become more accessible to the general public. I confess I might not mind having another one myself. I think it'd cut down on scamming by a marginal, but worthwhile, amount. Imagine a 12-year old kid new to the site gets to wanting a draik or krawk or what not. In their desperation to obtain the unobtainable dream (song cue!) I feel they'd be more easily swayed by "click here for FREE stuff." I know new players shouldn't be so naive with as young as kids get on the net these days, but no sense in not preventing such a frenzy if possible.

If neopets wants to have something insanely expensive on the site for major goal centered people, we have things like the meowclops and other highly desirable retired petspets or other obscure rare items. When pets are the major draw to the site, why have them be so darn difficult to acquire?

I fail to see how TNT can't cycle in a p/b or draik egg or what not into the Hidden Tower for a few hours at a set price every great once in a while like I've seen Subeta do with their potions at the token shop. If nothing else, it could stabilize prices before they soar any higher.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Xelio wrote:I fail to see how TNT can't cycle in a p/b or draik egg or what not into the Hidden Tower for a few hours at a set price every great once in a while like I've seen Subeta do with their potions at the token shop. If nothing else, it could stabilize prices before they soar any higher.
I've always thought the same thing too. Just every now and then they could pop in the Hidden Tower so that at least people have a chance, plus it would cut down on the ridiculous inflation.
Image Image
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

My interest is perked with the possibilities of the hidden tower! Darigan, baby, and royal (and apparently faerie at one point) paint brushes seem to be doing just fine without the threat of massive inflation (a pink paint brush costs 3M!?) so perhaps draik eggs wouldn't suffer too much without a 8+M price (besides there's still krawks if one wants a rare pricey pet).
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm pretty sure people have been suggesting p/bs in the Hidden Tower longer then I've been playing, so I don't think it's likely.