Createable draiks...Operation: Stalk and hoard!!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Xelio

Re: Createable draiks...Operation: Stalk and hoard!!

Post by Xelio »

Indeed, Tiel, indeed. And you don't know the half of it either. At least, I don't think you know all the details. The trade nearly went south real fast.

Still though, I have some friends that would like a draik and I wouldn't sneeze at another, so now that I'm in from work, I'm going to keep my eyes peeled and hope to get one before I have to leave again in the evening. Chances are slim, but I can hope, yah?
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

thelonetiel wrote:I have to abandon a pet to create, which I feel awful doing, but. I was trying to trade them anyway. xP
Yes, Tiel you are a horrible human being!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Xelio, I did see a bit about the person who confirmed that she'd trade with you almost back out because she suddenly remembered her friend would be annoyed if she traded. I think I glimpsed the board where she changed her mind again, and the next day I checked up on you and the pretty thing seemed to be there, Cemora right? I don't know all the details, but enough that I was really glad to see it went through seemingly okay in the end! And that it was a headache enough that you would have had much less stress even stalking the site all day long. xP

And Usul, I'm even worse than you think. :( I forgot to take the petpet off, a Vaeolus, before hand and I'm more annoyed at myself for that than abandoning in the first place! Well, at least they are 40k now, not the 90k I think I paid.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Dear god, I would gladly have stalked for a draik to use my FFQ on... if I hadn't been at work. And I don't really have room to make one.. either way, suck ;_; Congrats to those that manage to grab one, though!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

So, I can understand why this would make the pet creation area lag-- it stands to reason. But why are the boards lagging?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

If they were to go about this logically, you would assume they'd have perhaps 3 batches of draik releases. The first would have been the one this morning, then they could do one soon for a midday release, and finally one this evening. That would spread it out and make it fair for people in different timezones as well as considering those who have school or work.

This is TNT we're talking about though, so who knows. xD
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:So, I can understand why this would make the pet creation area lag-- it stands to reason. But why are the boards lagging?
Yeah, I'm getting major lag on the boards and when I lookup users and sometimes pets. Maybe some areas of the site are affected by the same server...or something...I'm not sure. >.> It's also probably due to the Pound board and the flood of people there looking for draiks or putting draiks up for trade.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Creatable draiks? And I missed them?! I was even online when the last batch was released (going by what Jazzy said). :< Maybe I'll catch a later batch. Maybe. But I'm not going to stalk the site all day, as I don't have the patience for that. When/if they do get released, are they under the limited edition line or hidden in with the rest of the pets?

But I do have a name picked out just in case.

I did just check trades, though. 15mill for a morphing potion is a drop in price? I don't even want to know what they were at before...
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Ugh, I know..isn't it disgusting? I specifically remember buying my Darigan Draik egg for like...3 million I think? This was a good 4 years ago or so. I'm shell shocked by the inflation since I came back. As much as pet trading bothers me in some ways, I did a few trades just because I could never afford most of the new pets that I liked. x_x
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

thelonetiel wrote:And that it was a headache enough that you would have had much less stress even stalking the site all day long. xP
I don't know, this is its own kind of stress, especially since I have to leave for a few hours and we don't know if any more will be released, making all the stalking for naught. ;p

But yeah, you got most of the details down, aside from the mails where she got snarky for a while and then played dumb. I think she got scared into it though by the chick that spent over 2 million on a custom for her that was going to report the whole affair. It was a 3-way. Never. Again. If I can help it.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I just noticed something when looking at a new Draik: they aren't (well, at least the one I saw, but I'd assume it extends to all of them) being created with the "real draik" 100x120 height/weight stats.

I thought all hatched draiks, moss-grown krawks (and I'd assumed the create-a-pet page) draiks and krawks came with those standards?

So since the new draiks don't have those - I wonder if a new employee at TNT looked at his/her calendar and saw Draik Day and just stuck a few on the Create-a-Pet page as if it were any other limited pet's day. Especially since the first three releases seemed more like a Hissi or Cybunny release (3000, within the first few hours?) than a thought-out release of a previously restricted pet.

If that's what happened, it would explain why no more have shown up since the first three, early in the day releases. It would also explain the wonky height/weight stats.

Of course, if I'm misremembering, and the original Draiks released weren't 100x120 then boy, won't I feel stupid? ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
covet

Post by covet »

Of course, this is like a week after I finally gave up and paid the going rate for a draik trans, assuming they'd never go down.

The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Am I the only one who got one two? Now I'm convinced it was a glitch, and I feel bad with all these NC draik lovers, and here I am with 2, with no intention but to trade them off and capitalize on their existance.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Kamil wrote:I just noticed something when looking at a new Draik: they aren't (well, at least the one I saw, but I'd assume it extends to all of them) being created with the "real draik" 100x120 height/weight stats.

I thought all hatched draiks, moss-grown krawks (and I'd assumed the create-a-pet page) draiks and krawks came with those standards?

So since the new draiks don't have those - I wonder if a new employee at TNT looked at his/her calendar and saw Draik Day and just stuck a few on the Create-a-Pet page as if it were any other limited pet's day. Especially since the first three releases seemed more like a Hissi or Cybunny release (3000, within the first few hours?) than a thought-out release of a previously restricted pet.

If that's what happened, it would explain why no more have shown up since the first three, early in the day releases. It would also explain the wonky height/weight stats.

Of course, if I'm misremembering, and the original Draiks released weren't 100x120 then boy, won't I feel stupid? ^^
I'm pretty sure that 100x120 thing is eggs only, because I have two draiks from create-a-pet in the days of old and they are 51cm/85lb and 41cm/80lb.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Create-a-pet Draiks have different base stats. I've no idea what the stats on the originals are like, but this isn't the first time Draiks have been available through there, and they come out differently to hatched ones. Here's a draik belonging to Ziggy, which she got via Create-A-Pet ages ago as an example:
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Dravnieks
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

For what it's worth, my Draik from the original batch is 55cm and 79lbs.