New plot?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
champagnesoup

New plot?

Post by champagnesoup »

According to Jellyneo, there are rumours of a new plot concerning Lutari Island, as the information on the map has changed.
A mysterious island floats around the oceans of Neopia. It's never in the same place twice, which makes it quite difficult to track, and all the more intriguing.

The mysterious island of Lutari is currently being pummeled by an unusually large storm! Between the whirlpools, water spouts and lightning it has been advised that no Neopets are allowed to visit its shores. Even the sea life seems to be staying away...
All quite mysterious, and as Lutari Island is no longer available via Neopets Mobile (and hasn't been since June) it is making me wonder - plus, the time is definitely ripe for a new plot! Makes me wish I had done more plots, I wish I did the Tale of Woe one! It looks so rad, all gypsies and Neovia and Ilere (my favourite named Neopets faerie).
Ailiel

Re: New plot?

Post by Ailiel »

Tale of Woe was the Best Plot Ever. I had such a great time with that. I enjoyed it so much. The Lost Isle had great potential but no scope. I do hope we have another plot though, it's certainly time.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

It was the best plot ever. I only battled SweetPetals against a few Neovian opponents, and I just watched my best friend play most of the way through. It was like watching a movie!

Lost Isle was not finished. That's the only "plot" that had a cap on how much a person could achieve. And no avatar/site theme. It was "to be continued" and I hope this is part II.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Oh, I adored Tale of Woe plot! I had such an engaging comic, great set of characters and fun plot steps (digging! :D)

I hope they don't find a way to make the next plot all about neocash side activity as pretty much everything seems to have been over the last year. I wonder whether the lutari island pb will be one of the plot prices and whether the pets will become paintable with it after it's done, or maybe the gave up on it and the final step will be lutaris becoming poundable or not LE. Looking forward to it!
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

ToW was a good plot, but I wouldn't say it's the best plot ever. The Lost Desert Plot on the other hand was epic...even if I still have nightmares about Anubis Toxicology Reports, lol. YMMV though.

I'm sooooo ready for another plot. It's been ages since we had one. 2 years now? Or I suppose it could be just a year, but it feels like longer than that.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

I really enjoyed the ToW plot but I have to agree with Gumdrops, The Lost Desert Plot was EPIC. All the puzzles and the navigating through rooms! I loved every minute of it!

I do hope we have a plot coming up soon though....and as much as I'd like to see Lutari Island get its time to shine I would rather have a plot about faerieland or MI/geraptiku! I cant even remember there being a plot about either in the past 6 years...and I find both lands far more plot potential than another dinky floating island...:P
Kari

Post by Kari »

Aw man, I was so into NP when the second Lost Desert Plot was going on. I think I still have the giant PSD with my map of the pyramid maze thing. Tale of Woe was also good, I think I got through that one to the end even.
If this is really a plot, I hope it has a war. I love wars.
derp
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Totally totally totally, LDP is one of the most fun things I've ever done on Neopets (despite the infuritaing Anubis Toxicology Reports). I've still got some of the plans here somewhere. One of the most complicated plots they've done, first appearance of the Yurble Janitor, multi-user participation moving things around, great comic, yeah... good times.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I loved LDP for the sole fact that it had a kyrii in it. Jazan was kickass. Didn't get too far in the actual plot, though... TOW was fun with the digging and all. As for a new plot, I don't particularly care. But if there is one, I will participate in it.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I loved the Lost Desert Plot! I tied for third (and friends of mine came first and second). But the thought of going through another epic plot like that... I'd have to quit my job if I wanted to have the time for that again. :P

Here's hoping for another good plot, though. With battling that's NOT CAPPED. Finally got my pet up to the 500/550 boosts, and I'd like to see how many wins I could get!
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Ooh, in the comments on the Jellyneo post, someone has suggested that the storm could cause a volcanic eruption, and what thing to do with volcanoes has been rumoured? Magma paintbrushes. I am seriously excited at the prospect of a new plot, as I only did a few stages of the Return of Sloth plot and only completed the Altador Plot recently, after most people had finished it.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Cranberry wrote: Here's hoping for another good plot, though. With battling that's NOT CAPPED. Finally got my pet up to the 500/550 boosts, and I'd like to see how many wins I could get!
Yes, yes - I'd love a plot with no battle caps. I think there are so many of us who started training pets because of the old fighting plots and, now we have half-decent pets, have never had the fun of an all-out war. (Even looking at my lookup, you can see my points go up with each war as my pet got stronger and I got better weapons, well until that fiasco of the Maraquan war *requisite low rank 2 grumble*.) I'm still so grateful that Subeta had a real war since chances are slim we'll ever have that again on Neo. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us one day.

And LDP stands as my favorite; not only was it a lot of fun but the prizes were incredible. ToW was great too, and I loved the setting/atmosphere, but the disappointing prizes hurt it in my opinion. I don't remember the older plots well enough to have an opinion on them.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Even if this isn't a plot coming up (and it probably isn't), I can't imagine that TNT haven't noticed our reaction. Maybe they might shift things around to make sure the next plot is in the works. :)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

With rumors of a lutari island plot that also leads to sepculations about create-a-lutari and of course the lutari paint brush colour. But of course maybe this will all be on the back burner for months. I'm terrible with predictions.