Extreme Faerie Cloud Racers

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Noble fauf

Extreme Faerie Cloud Racers

Post by Noble fauf »

Well, the faerie cloud racer remake came out today. You can only play as either illusen, the space faerie, the tooth faerie, or Taela.
The game is in a first person perspective that makes me dizzy =x although there is a minimap that helps with the confusion. Another difference is that each round you are up against 3 other faeries and the round is done elimination style.
Mistress Morbid

Re: Extreme Faerie Cloud Racers

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I suck at this, and it makes me really dizzy. x_x
Image Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I like the old one better, even if I scored higher in this new one than I ever did in the old one.

I don't like first-person perspective. I prefer to see the whole map or whatever. There's a reason I still prefer my 2-D video games to 3-D.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Yay, contrary to the neopets fansites guesses this isn't the update of the old one but more like a spin off (similar to Hasee Bounce / Super Hasee Bounce).
I was always a 2D kind of lady, so this isn't strictly my comfort zone.
Also this game is not kind on my computer at home. When the enemy faeries hit the wall or another faerie next to my faerie, the collision smoke explossion effect freezes up my game screen for two seconds taking my faerie's life in the process. I'll have to give this one a proper try at my computer at work or when they offer the different screen quality option.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
pittyprettypup

Post by pittyprettypup »

I don't care for it, but I started getting a bit more into it when I saw the tiny black radar map on the bottom left hand. If you just use that as a guide and ignore the main screen, the game is much easier. Plus, you don't get dizzy.
@ Neo: pittyprettypup
@ Powerpets: -Kitt-
@ Subeta: Kinsa
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Well, the first time I loaded the game, it crashed my browser. When I tried again, it ran so slowly that it was impossible to play. Loading it in low quality crashed my browser again. I managed to score 45- the game just wasn't registering my key presses. I really, really hope this doesn't ever turn up on the Daily Dare because I can't play it at all.
Neopets wishlists: here
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The easy way to get the necessary points is to get the Tonu power up and SPIN in a circle ..you'll rack up quiet a bit of points in the way. :O
Image Image
ImageImage
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Why am I thinking Tron? And then the Tron level of Kingdom Hearts? As far as TNT's latest game efforts, I can't say I care for the game, or am strongly opposed to it. It's just kind of there.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

I played it this morning thinking I was playing the original... :(

It was so horrible. I was on high-speed internet and it still didn't run properly.
varii

Post by varii »

The tonu power up and spin technique worked for me. The game set up is horrible though, another one of their recent releases that I have no desire to play ever again.
rei @ neopets