TDMBGPOP avatar

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Gumdrops

Re: TDMBGPOP avatar

Post by Gumdrops »

Zapping your pets at the Lab Ray can knock their mood down.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, if I ever get the Aboogala attached to my Peophin, I'll be making my lab pet active. Glad I'm in no hurry for the av. :-P
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

To make your friend depressed you just need to make him play with a broken/ripped toy (one of those that can be repaired). This was news to me as well.

Pets say the most amusing things when you make them play with those :)
Ocy says 'That is so typical of you! Im annoyed now :('

Also, according to Avatarlog it's not certain that pet being sad is required. One person who got it had a happy pet and one had no pets at all.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I have a feeling it's just one of those random ones you get from visiting.
Image Image
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Gumdrops, that's not true! The only possible effects of the lab ray are:

* Lose Pet's Strength
* Lose Pet's Levels
* Lose Pet's Movement
* Lose Pet's Defense
* Back to Level 1 for your Pet
* Gain Levels for your Pet
* Gain Pet's Movement
* Gain Pet's Defense
* Gain Pet's Hit Points
* Gain Pet's Strength
* Change Pets Color
* Species Change for your pet
* Gender Change for your pet
* Have no Effect at all on your Pet
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Actually, I do think the Lab Ray can drain a pet's happiness. It's not something that they ray gives you on a zap, it's just a side-effect becuase generally pets "don't want to." When you choose a pet, they're all sad/scared, and then zapping - even if it's a spiffy species/color/stat change, the pet will still be shown with the (old) sad picture on the results page. Most of my labbies have gotten pretty sad about things.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I'll ditto that about the sadness. My lab pet gets more unhappy every day, and I'm pretty sure it's a due to the ray. An indirect effect.
Image Image
Taeyna

Post by Taeyna »

zebru wrote:To make your friend depressed you just need to make him play with a broken/ripped toy (one of those that can be repaired). This was news to me as well.
Playing with an evil fuzzle until it scares your pet also knocks one off happiness.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:Actually, I do think the Lab Ray can drain a pet's happiness. It's not something that they ray gives you on a zap, it's just a side-effect becuase generally pets "don't want to." When you choose a pet, they're all sad/scared, and then zapping - even if it's a spiffy species/color/stat change, the pet will still be shown with the (old) sad picture on the results page. Most of my labbies have gotten pretty sad about things.
That's totally what I meant.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I think it might only do that if the pet's active, though - I used to have a lot of problems with my lab pet doing that, but he's now inactive and he's permanently on delighted.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I zap my active as well as my main lab pet and they are both permanently delighted, so I think it's just coincidence. Some pets just seem to be naturally happier than others!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I don't know, champagne; I've had five lab pets for yonks now, and they inevitably end up losing happiness points, even though they're constantly in the lodge, so there's no question of it being lost to hunger.

And it's only been recently that I've gone with permanent lab pets. I used to zap random pets, and then toss them in the pound for all to find once they had a good color, but anymore, you lose any accessories if you do that, and I'm unwilling to use a transfer spot (and anyway, you can only do that once a month) on a random lab rat, so my days of brightening up Neopia are long gone. Nevertheless, in the past I've had dozens of rats, of all species, and if one ended up hanging about they almost always ended up losing a bit of happiness.

I don't know how, or if, I'll get this avatar. I'm going to wait a bit and see if they change the requirements. Hopefully they'll get a lot of whining mail to the editorial about it, and will realize that an avatar that requires you to annoy your pets (on a site that randomly punishes you with color changes for doing so) might not be the best idea they've ever had.

I want it, as it's cute, and if nothing changes I'll try and find someone to store a pet for me, and see if I can't manage to zap a few species/color specific avatars while I'm at it. I need to do that anyway, as I'm about at the limit of avatars I can get otherwise. But I have the absolute worst luck with randoms (how many years later and I still don't have "Lost" or "Kelp" >.<).

*grumble,mutter,complain*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Kamil wrote: (how many years later and I still don't have "Lost" or "Kelp" >.<).
Ugh, don't even get me started on Kelp. There's no way I'm spending 70K for my pet that might take home a doggie bag. If I can't get "Snowager", or "lever of doom" then Kelp won't even be attempted. (that's potential FC betting money!)

This isn't an avatar I'm going to be striving for daily. It's adorable, and I wish it wasn't random.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I have Lost, getting that one made me very happy. I think it is actually my active! But I miss several others that are pretty common, for example I can't seem to get the kacheek one you get when playing hide and seek. It bugs me!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Besides the new Grundo one, which I will never use(I have Grundo - Funny for my Grundo needs), I'm missing Wheel of Knowledge, Scalawag and Lucky Streak for random avatars.

I have both Kelp and Lost :)

OH.

AND YOUR ACTIVE PET DOES NOT NEED TO BE SAD FOR THE AVATAR. IT'S JUST RANDOM.