Annual New Year's Goals!

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Annual New Year's Goals!

Post by zebru »

Cranberry posted last year's thread on December 27th 2008. Here we are, at the beginning of year 2010 - how did last year posters' neogoals fare in year 2009?

Last year my goals were:

- get Ghostkerbomb and then possibly a better healer
Got both. Healer in question is Bag of Healing Dust (50% multispecies healer).
I'm tempted by Leaded Elemental Vial, but I'm not sure I could get to 40 mil.

- get Ocy to 350 defence boost and 500 strength boost on Kitchen Quests and lab ray alone; also get over 200 move
Check. He's at 400 defence boost and 650 strength now =) And 400 move. Kitchen quests are love!

- get at least three more avatars (get to 297)
I'm at 306 now but it's probably more due to plenty new avatars released than me tackling many of old game ones.

- obtain UC grey scorchio (highly unlikely as I have nothing to offer in return)
No. I've cooled off a bit though. Considering how difficult UCs are to get - I've sort of made my peace with them being out of reach.

- zap a petpet into a turmac (uncoloured one - again very unlikely)
No. This is the 3rd year in a row I'm repeating this one. Maybe year 2010 is the year it finally happens.

- upgrade my Better Than You!! trophy to gold
Nope.

- get Turmac Roll trophy
Yes! And it's gold baby! :mrgreen:

- get at least two trophies in my third row
- draw and submit at least one comic to NT

Erm... nope. Didn't even try. Lazy sod.

- figure out what to do with my pet Cos
Yes. I fell head over heals for baby wocky half a year ago and Cos ended up becoming one.

Not too shabby overall. It was a pretty good neoyear.

Goals for 2010:
- get Ocy to 700 strength and 550 defence via kitchen quests
- zap a petpet into a turmac
- enter a random contest
- upgrade my Better Than You!! trophy to gold
- get Freaked Korbat or Petpetsitter game avatar
- stay away from NC mall capsules
- draw and submit a comic to TNT
Last edited by zebru on 03 Feb 2010 02:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Iggy

Re: Annual New Year's Goals!

Post by Iggy »

Get my gallery to size 400 - 2000 items
No. I decided in November to sell my gallery. 70K expansions are no fun to fund and I decided to just give up and bring my focus back to my pets and customisation.

This year

- Get into the Poetry Competition at least 8 other times.
- Upgrade my Random Contest Trophy
- Evil Fuzzles Trophy
- Plushie Draik, Plushie Krawk.
- Buy a Cadro.
- Not forget about all of these goals by March.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I forgot all about this!

Mine for last year:

1. Buy a Leaded Elemental Vial
2. Train Alaskawolf to at least 450 str and def.

And I did both! I got the LEV early in the year, then power-trained Alaska's level so I could use the ninja school. He's now at 500 str, 550 def and 575 HP. :)

I don't have any real goals for this year, but there are a few things I'd like to do, so I'll list those:

1. Adopt my friend's old lab pet on a side; turn him into a Darigan Chomby. I can't do this until my side is old enough... another three months.
2. Pick a species and color for my namesake labpet, cran_b, also on a side. Turn her into that!
3. Win the gallery spotlight... which means actually learning how to code a layout. And buying all the items I still need.
4. Train Alaskawolf to 700 str and def. Not that it looks like we'll ever get a war again, but you know... I've been around long enough; I feel like I should make him as strong as possible. :)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

1. I need to stop being such a dang tight wad with my NP. There's only so many things you can spend them on if you don't want to paint anymore.

Yes! I blew 6.5 mil on a maraquan Korbat MP, 2 Royal PBs, and Rendivir's training.

2. Increase all of Rendivir's stats to 150, and make his level/intellegence to a multiple of 75: (Level 75, 600 INT).

Yes and No. His level was thrown off (Level 76) So I aimed for "golden ratio" stats (162 everything) and only maded it to 141. He does have 600 IQ though.

3. Try to snipe a Pandaphant off the TP when someone has one for sale for 1 mil again. (I just missed one last week *sadface*, who knows who I'll attach it to though. Everyone has petpetpets.)

Yes! *snuggles Caligraphy* I now want a second one, but no idea who to give it to.

4. Buy a SSYT at the end of the year. That'll complete my mid-grade BD set.

No. I could have at some point, but I gambled too much away.

5. Make a more respectable looking Usuki gallery.

Yes. It's decent for its size, but small

6. Successfully trade some pet of mine for a UC faerie Aisha.

No. But I did end up getting a VWN UC sponge koi (a highly unrealistic goal), so I made up for it.

7. Feed at least one lousy kadoatie!

Yes!

4/7. Not bad.

For 2010: -Get one more gaming trophy
-upgrade my Cellblock trophyto gold
- have one of my UC pets win the customization spotlight....because....it would be funny to take it away from a converted pet.
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 02 Jan 2010 01:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Madge

Post by Madge »

Wow it looks like I actually achieved my goals this time. I'm shocked.

Train Snowager up so he's level 25 and all his stats are 50 (maybe including speed) so he doesn't have lab-itis anymore
Hit Points: 57 / 57
Strength: EXCELLENT (57)
Defence: EXCELLENT (52)
Movement: mach 4
Intelligence: above

I decided not to bother with speed because who trains speed, really?

Get userlookups finished, with some sort of common theme/style that ties them all together (like my petlookups)
Nope.

More work on petpages
I don't think I've done any petpages this year.

Finish NQI and NQII on Evil
NQII I fnished, NQI I'm up to the techo caves. I play in my spare time at work, which is my excuse.

Read Sail the books I have kept in my SDB
Done that! Yay! I did something!

Get Sail's stats up to 100, maybe even 125
Hit Points: 152 / 152
Strength: LEGENDARY (135)
Defence: LEGENDARY (133)

3.5/6. So I did good since I did all the important stuff :D

Anyway, carryover for next year:
  • Get userlookups finished, with some sort of common theme/style that ties them all together (like my petlookups)
  • More work on petpages. These pets need "proper" petpages so I know whether they're done or not next year: Snowager, Poogy, Ash, Kiandril, Kate, FSM, Incredulous, Sans, Rusted, Uncky (the others either already have them or are being used for my own nefarious purposes)
  • More work on the story on Sail's petpage, the layout etc of Zoxot's
  • Make some progress on getting Sail to 200 STR/DEF & 300HP
  • Give poogy a design and a nickname, possibly Moltara-themed
  • Read more to Sail. I'll go for the lofty goal of 1,000 books (400 more than she's done now)
  • Maybe try and feed a kad or two.
  • Finish NQI on Evil and make a start on NQII InSaNe
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Last Year:
1- Get Number Six avatar. I figure I should have enough NP saved by the end of the year, so it's all up to TNT getting the page back up.
Nowhere near accomplished. I was doing so well until Carrie was iced, though. I can't make FC bets worth beans. :(

2- Use NP from first goal to splurge and get a darigan mynci, pirate xweetok, and (maybe) plushie xweetok, and then hopefully have enough left to continue saving.
Later decided I didn't want either xweetok. I do however have enough to get my darigan mynci. I just havn't gotten around to making him yet...

3- Zap for a robot kyrii.
Tried, failed, adopted one from Fjorab. I did end up getting one, though, so I guess it's somewhat of an accomplishment?

4- Make designs, picture, lookups, and (maybe) petpages for all of my pets.
Didn't even touch this one. I can picture them all in my head, but haven't drawn them out yet. :/

So... .25/4?

As for this year:
1- Finally get around to making darigan mynci.
2- Draw pictures for my neopets.

The first will be easy. The second would be easy as long as I don't get killed with schoolwork...
Madge

Post by Madge »

Psst, TCS - this guy does bets and isn't too shabby: http://www.neopets.com/~Ariph
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I've seen that page before, but I don't think I've ever followed it. If it is good, I think I may have to start. :) Thanks.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Oh I forgot about this too.

Here are my goals from last year:
-700 boosts for zuriika
done =)

-at least 3 mil in the bank (I would like to say 5 mil but since I can't seem to get over 1 mil lately, I don't know how realistic that would be) also because ...
Yes, though mainly because my shop is a little neglected at the moment. Though it would be close to 3 mil after I filled my shop, I think.

-get a BoHD
Nope. I was getting close to having enough toward the end of the year, but spent a bunch on Christmas gifts for my guild and sunk some more back into my shop and probably will be spending a bit more for it too. I'd want at least a 2 mil cushion over the price of the item anyway.

-at least submit a comic or two to the Neopian Times, even though I can't draw at all. But I have to start trying for the NT avatar somehow.
No, though I did buy a tablet to try to draw something, even if it is really really bad. I guess I did try to draw a comic at one point but got discouraged at my lack of even a little bit of talent.

-get the Faerie Bubbles avatar and find a new flash game one to start working on
No to FB, though I did manage to get Meepit Juice Break and the new avs for Carnival of Terror and Mutant Graveyard of Doom. So, maybe 50%.

So, hmm, 2010:
-get zuriika to 1000 hit points (he's somewhere around 830 right now)
-get that BoHD
-at least 5 mil in bank
-at least 300k shares of stocks (I'm down to 274k and was around 285k for the longest time)
-stay motivated with malling (I'm in the process of leaving my current mall and joining a new one that I think will be a better fit for me)
-get Nimmos Pond & Faerie Bubbles av and stay on top of other new game ones that might be introduced
-maybe submit a comic or two to NT

That seems pretty ambitious; I think I'll stop there =P
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Hmm, not sure how well I did on last years' goals.

1. Get a nice BD weapon (Sword of Skardsden) and 100% freezer for Braedan.
No. Not even close. Not one of these. Boo.

2. Train Braedan's strength and defence to 200 (4.5 boost).
Yes! Braedan is currently at 251 for strength and defence.

3. Attach damn Itchi petpetpet to Dementis' Redtail if at all possible.
No! &%*#$! It will never ever attach, I'm convinced. I must have refreshed for a solid week total this year with 12 of them in my inventory. I've had one or two turn to sludge, and one jump on the wrong pet when I wasn't paying attention to who was active and ugh. It's not gonna happen.

4. Get the "Avatar Collector" avatar (sooooo close!).
I met this goal January 1, 2009. At least one goal wasn't hanging over my head this year!

5. TNT releases a zombie krawk for krawk day or just for fun (fingers crossed) and I like it and paint Droxin.
No. TNT didn't release a zombie krawk, and I think it was before Krawk Day when I realized I really didn't like the new Krawks and traded Droxin for an UC faerie lenny. Somehow his new owner lost him, and now he's under ice on a frozen account. I'd already adopted Crettek and soon adopted Zepphere, so I've got a few UC Krawks to fill the loss, and of course Falekor is lovely. No regrets here.

6. Boochi/color changing REs spare us another year.
Yes!

7. Along those lines, maybe it's time to get some sort of converted boochi guard for my main account. Mara Draik, maybe? With all those NPs I'll have left over after I meet all my other goals this year?
Well I have no Mara Draik, although I do have a FFQ I received this year set aside for the purpose (more on that later). But I adopted Crettek this year and he's Boochi-guarding my account in style.

8. Buy stocks every day.
I'm sure I didn't buy them every day but I think I did well with this one. My portfolio is currently at 319,000 shares.

It's been a fun Neo-year over all though. I welcomed in several new pets, finally fixed my main account pets to my liking, got back one of my original pets that I'd lost in the pound YEARS ago (Aetania), got some great petpets, made some NPs, spent some NPs, and joined a great guild. Love this game.

This year!

1. Do something about BD set. EITHER a very nice weapon OR a 100% freezer or something. The current set is pathetic.
2. Somehow obtain a Draik MP or TP and get that Maraquan Draik for little sis.
3. Get another row of trophies. (3 rows currently)
4. Participate fully in any plots that come along.
5. Complete at least one series of Key Quest tokens.
6. Avoid NC Mall as much as possible.
7. Somehow through some miracle obtain an UC MSP Poogle. Please please please!
8. Train Braedan to 400 strength & defence.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

- Get Packrat avatar (might make this by the New Year with the remaining AC prizes plus equipped/gallery/wearable items that aren't in my SBD at the moment.)
Got it within a few days of posting this.

- Get Adam avatar (though this isn't working at the moment? *Looks at TC's post*)
I had enough to get this when it was brought back...whenever but did continue saving to get to Ultimate Riches.

- Assuming the above, paint/morph my pets. Currently this means turning LL into a Shadow Pteri, turning something into a Mutant Lenny, maybe getting a Mutant Eyrie and maybe painting Zen Faerie, depending on how scary the brush prices are.
Yes! Well, kind-of. I got my Shadow Pteri, Mutant Lenny and Faerie Pteri. Never ended up getting the Mutant Eyrie but I did get a Faerie Lenny, Glowing Pteri and Christmas Pteri on my sides.

- Start actively adding to my gallery.
Ha.

- Enter the Beauty Contest and possibly the Art Gallery.
Hahahahahaha.

I pretty much gave up on Neo back in April when I painted all the pets on my accounts but I've been going back occasionally to check up on stocks and have ended up with a decent amount in my bank. Could see myself start playing again this year, so:

- Buy stuff for gallery
OR
- Make some new pets? Either a new account (I like the idea of an Eyrie account) or maybe open up a space on my main and do some zapping for clothes/fancy colours.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Bleugh, I made pretty pathetic goals last year, so this is no fun:

1. Get 800 Kad Feeds, for the sake of even numbers.
I'm at 796 right now, I think I fed for about two days when I was extremely bored. I forgot it was a goal, I might have actually tried if I remembered!

2. Buy petpets for my last few permies.
Kind of done, I have three permies without a petpet now, I'll get on to that.

3. ... umm... Not let Neopets interfere with University.
I passed everything at uni, so I guess this was accomplished!

What a poor effort! This year I'll actually try and make some decent goals, and then try and do them.

1. Buy petpets for my three remaining permies, Kaluhwah, Syderro and Zayyii.
2. Buy a Magical Starry Kau Plushie and any new Kau items that are released.
3. Do something with Lupinleeius - either train to 350boosts or finalize what he should be!

That's really all I want to do, and even then who knows if I'll be bothered. I've been quite inactive with neo this year.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ooh yes, my 2009 goals, I think I did well:

1. Continue zapping Zabeka until she gets to the 85 strength boost and 200HP. Then get back to zapping 4of11, the actual battler. I've become attached to him being an Ice Zombie Usul but, y'know, he should probably be a 'lab rat for life' pet.
Done and done. Zabeka ended her lab rat life on 154 strength (125 boost?) and 277 HP. 4of11 is being labbed again and is currently a Sketch Halloween Grarrl. (not as awesome as an Ice Zombie Usul :()

2. Get to about 5 million NP. I want around that much in stocks, with enough NP in the bank so I can buy stocks without doing games. Then I might allow myself to start spending my NP. I like to have a nice amount lying around, I can't be doing with being broke after buying things. :P

Sort of done. I've got just around 4.4 million in stocks, but almost double that in the bank, meaning I don't have to play games daily.

3. If I complete my second goal I'd like to:
a) Buy another lab map and start zapping Kaus, Lennies or species that look good in Maraquan. I could probably fill accounts with each of those three things.
b) Buy a Royal PB and make Zabeka a Royal Girl Lenny.

a) Well, I totally forgot about this one. I may buy one soon, but I'm not sure there's space for it. I need to sort my accounts out.
b) Done. Technically Zabeka was never a Royal Girl Lenny, just a Shadow one dressed in another pets outfit.

4. Put something on my pet look-ups. I've never been great at that. I know what my pets are like in my mind, I'm just bad at letting the rest of the world know.
Ugh. This is one I fail on every time. I added a couple of lines on 4of11's lookup, but then I never really got round to doing anyone elses.

5. Get the lab scientist as a challenger (he hates me, I swear) or find someone I trust to make Hallowisp a female. Then see if I can use my free 100 NC to see if I can find a nice dress or skirt.
Never thought I'd be saying yes to this one. I got the scientist as a challenger after almost two years of zapping daily (and refreshing) on a casual daily visit. Made Hallowisp a female and got her a dress.
Now I'm not sure if Halloween suits what I've dressed her in, but that name only leaves me with Halloween or Magma as choices really.

6. Start playing KeyQuest more often. If I can get PBs or lab pieces from it that can only help with my earlier goals.
This didn't really happen. I don't think I needed to in the end.

Not too bad, there's nothing I'm too annoyed about not doing.

For 2010:

1. Buy a third lab map.
2. Get 4of11 for the 350 strength boost and 800HP via the lab map.
3. Sort my accounts out, by moving a few pets around.
4. Put something on the look-ups of my 'gang of four' and maybe get some artwork of them all together. (a bit ambitious methinks)
5. Put something on my other pet look-ups.
6. Work out what to do with Mayukhi, Mokoxo, Latangi, effin and all the pets on my shalilly account. (I get far too attached to pets before working out what I'm going to do with them :oops:)

I think that'll probably do.
Faun

Post by Faun »

Well mine are:

Get a lab map.

Draw pictures of my pets.

and, Get to 200 avatars.

:D
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Goals for this year:

Get portfolio up to a million stocks.
- Should be on course to achieve this around April if I keep on buying daily and don't sell too many in the meantime.

Actively go after more trophies.
- including Neopian Times if possible, but I expect I'll run up against the 'lack of any discernible talent' problem

Customise pet & user lookups.
- 6 years and I still haven't done this, so I don't hold out much hope

Zap 1N4148 into a Robot Kyrii.
- This one's out of my hands - Three and a half years and counting!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark