Stock Market

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Stock Market

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, i only buy at 15 unless i don't see any 15s all day, then i might fudge on it with a 16 or 17.
(HANDY LOW PRICED STOCKS LINK)

And i always buy 1000 of one each day, not splitting it up, and it's the one that i have the lowest amount of.

YIPP is taunting me. My sell point is 165 (aka 1000%), and it got close then plummeted.
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

I normally don't buy 1000 shares of something a day, mainly because I AM BROKE. I have 45k. In both my bank and my hand. If I bought 1000 shares of something priced 15 a day, I'd be wiped out of cash after three days.

I probably would have sold YIPP when it got close enough because of that sorta stuff happening.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

It's a lot easier to make NP if you have NP to waste on the chance, a lot like in real life in that sense. I do play a lot of games though, and if i get the urge to make a lot of quick NP i try the World Challenges and sell the pieces i don't use. Or i go through my SDB and figure out what i can part with and sell it.

And i've been playing for 11 1/2 years, so i've built up a lot of various things, from bits of luck and play over time.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Also worth bearing in mind that using the stock market won't make you a fortune overnight - far from it! A lot of patience is definitely the key. It's common to wait weeks or even months for stocks to increase to even a modest sell point (say 30 or so). If your sell point is substantially higher (say 70-100) you can be waiting for years.

I seriously started buying stocks daily probably 5 or 6 years ago and I think I could have got stocks from back then that I still haven't sold yet. As your portfolio gets bigger it gets easier to make money with it, but you really need to be investing 15kNP daily to build it up in size. After a few months you'll have a decent-sized portfolio that should start making returns.

As Fjorab suggests, selling SDB stuff or playing games is a good way to start out. I'd also recommend getting a Forgotten Shore map and checking that daily, it often turns up 2-5kNP and occasionally more expensive items.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I was actually thinking of the Forgotten Shore Map as a good starting point. A full map goes for about 3K, and you'll easily make that back from it within a week...and there's the chance of getting Krawk or Pirate pet potions from it.

And yeah, i'm sure i have some stocks sitting in there from several years ago. My sell point is high, but i've built up so much that if i need a lot of NP fast, i can fudge on my sell point and pull out anything that has made a profit and still be in pretty impressive shape.
Bif

Post by Bif »

http://www.neopets.com/island/tradingpo ... =383555231 -

neo_kami here is a trade that I put up which has 7 of the 9 forgotten shore map pieces. Feel free to offer whatever you'd like. The pieces really aren't that expensive anymore at all and like Kantark and Fjorab said, it's a great daily to have.
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

Oh, I already have the Forgotten Shore :)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Just a heads-up, FAER is currently at 70.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fury

Post by Fury »

A heads-up for today: TNPT is at 75.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

It's been a while but I just sold a few of my CYBU at 71 and TNAH at 73, if that's near your sell point.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm beginning to regret my 75 sell point...as long as you still have money to buy more stocks, and assuming stocks never go bankrupt, is it always more profitable to have a higher sell point? We can ignore bank interest because I always forget to collect it.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I would say so. I'm thinking of raising my own sell point to something ridiculous. I already set it at 165 (aka +1000%). I figure that if i'm ever in need of the NP stash, i can cash in whatever i need of it, preferably the ones that have the highest profit.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

MPC is at 100 if anyone has some. I just sold the bulk of mine, very pleased!
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I just sold my MPC socks (yay typo) sTocks at 166. :-)
Pulse

Post by Pulse »

One of my stocks went from 15 to 191 +1,173.33%
:D

Im not even going to sell it, I want to see how high it goes lol