Tyrannian Day Predictions

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Tyrannian Day Predictions

Post by Nogitsune »

Last year on Tyrannian Day we got the toothed Tyrannian Ogrin Image
We also got the improbable-looking Tyrannian Gelert on Gelert Day Image

So what pets can’t be painted Tyrannian yet?

Bruce Image
Buzz Image
Chomby Image
Grarrl Image
Grundo Image
Hissi Image
Kiko Image
Lutari Image
Pteri Image
Ruki Image
Tonu Image
Wocky Image
Xweetok Image
Yurble Image

The Chomby, Grarrl, and Tonu are perhaps the least likely to ever receive this colour – though in theory a Tonu could be turned into a wooly rhino. It’s a bit hard to imagine how you’d make a t-rex and apatosaurus more ‘primitive’ but it probably could be done.

There has been an unreleased Tyrannian Buzz for a while now, though whether this bug version of the Terminator will now be used is uncertain. A Tyrannian Pteri along the lines of an archaeopteryx would be cool. A Tyrannian Bruce, Hissi, Ogrin, Wocky, or Xweetox could be interesting. Given the treatment the Yurbles and Lutari got after the revamp it’s unlikely their Tyrannian forms will be impressive, which is a pity. A Tyrannian Kiko could be nice or could be hideous. I’m not sure what they’d do to a Ruki or Grundo.

Thoughts, hopes, desires, fears?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Xelio

Re: Tyrannian Day Predictions

Post by Xelio »

I'm having visions of a poor hissi with fur horribly tacked on in bunches, likely spotted fur and heavy around the neck like a rough. And over sized, off-center fangs. Maybe the actually cool addition of a rattle for no random reason, but otherwise, a train wreck. Huh, and usually I find myself to be an optimist. Well, here's hoping I'm wrong about new colors this year.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

The trouble with Ruki is that they've already taken the obvious route with Mutant. I'm going to go with Pteri (they could either take the "fluffy" angle or make it into something like the Pteridactyls from Pterattack) and/or sabre-toothed Xwee.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'd like (and hope) to see nice Tyrannian Yurbles and Lutaris, Wockies and Xweetoks could also suit the Tyrannian style. I liked the Gelert, despite it being completely and utterly over the top, so wouldn't be completely averse to something daft like that.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I'd hope for a Xweetok, as they used to be the artists favorites and we haven't seen them in forever, but they lost a lot from the revamp. In my opinion at least (fist o' doom).

But I guess a prehistoric Pteri would be nice. If done right.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I would like to see a tyrannian pteri. I think that, If done well, it could be really nice. A xweetok might also be nice.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Tyrannian Pteri would be interesting if done well. As for the other, I'll go for either a Wocky, or a Xweetok.. both of which I'd like to see :3.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I've been trying to figure out why I was sure I'd seen a Ty Wocky before. I finally remembered! It was an illustration in the Stone Age Neopian Times (from 2001 or so).

Don't know what it can have been if NOT a Ty Wocky, but the fact remains that there isn't one. How odd.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.