Malicious "scam" warning: Turnip Tonic

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Malicious "scam" warning: Turnip Tonic

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

You're probably all too savvy to need this, but I'm cross-posting it to all my forums just in case.

There is a nasty plot going on at the moment where the sender will find a user with a sick pet and send hir a bottle of Turnip Tonic, claiming that it's a cheap cure for the pet's disease. If anyone sends you one of these, do NOT give it to your pet! Turnip Tonic is not a cure-- it's an item that changes a pet to a basic colour, typically used by impatient people to get rid of bad lab/Boochi zaps. Apparently a few users have already been taken in by this, including a couple of people with Baby and Grey pets (and, it's rumoured, one UC last night).

If you see anyone recommending this "remedy" around the boards, report them.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Rah

Re: Malicious "scam" warning: Turnip Tonic

Post by Rah »

Haha, I saw this today. He was saying he used it on his pet and it /turned/ into an UC pet. The boards do get stupid sometimes.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm always amazed at how creative these scams are...I wish people would direct their talents elsewhere!
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

What the...but... they scammer doesn't even get anything from this other than the satisfaction of ruining another player's day. Oh wait, for some losers that's enough. People astound me, and not always in a good way.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

And now due to this idiocy prices of Turnip Tonic doubled X-( What will I use on Ocy now when he turns unsavory looking?
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Purr

Post by Purr »

I was there when the UC was turned green, so confirm.

It was a UC grey uni.. forget the name though. Was on the PC, hugeeeee explosion after that, half the BD chat was there XD *cough*

Watch out. I feel really bad for the UC grey uni owner, now owns a regular green uni. People were led to believe it was GUPed, but no, just turned green.