Mutant Day Predictions

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.

Which pet will become a Mutant on Mutant Day?

Poll ended at 26 Aug 2010 12:58 am

Acara
11%
Chomby
21%
Lutari
5%
Nimmo
5%
Ogrin
5%
Poogle
11%
Wocky
42%
None (because TNT is evil that way)
No votes

Total votes: 19

Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Mutant Day Predictions

Post by Nogitsune »

Last year on Mutant Day we got the Mutant Pteri Image
We also ended up with a Mutant Uni Image

**larger images because the Mutant Pteri rules! And I thought the Mutant Uni looked kinda cool.**

This leaves the following pets that cannot be made Mutant:

Acara Image
Chomby Image
Lutari Image
Nimmo Image
Ogrin Image
Poogle Image
Wocky Image

Mutant Lutari are the least likely of the bunch, if for no other reason than a Transmogrification potion would mean *gasp* people could own the thing who didn't sign up for the cell service that is no longer working. There has been a Mutant Acara but it has not been released. Perhaps with the coming of the Mutant Uni we will see a Mutant Acara? Of the rest I would be interested in a Mutant Chomby with multiple heads. The others are not so inspiring (Mutant Poogle being possibly a joke - or it could be surprisingly good). Mutant Ogrins might be nice if done well, as might Mutant Wockies or Nimmos.

Thoughts, hopes, desires?
Last edited by Nogitsune on 21 Aug 2010 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Mutant Day Predictions

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

A Mutant Wocky, to my mind, would risk looking too much like either Hallowe'en or Tyrannian. A Nimmo might be nice, especially if they get creative with the mutations-- there have been real-life mutated amphibians with too many legs or unexpectedly developed tails, so it wouldn't be too unbelievable either. Poogles are fairly uninspiring to me in general. I'd be interested to see which direction they'd go with the Lutari and/or Acara, though. In the Acara's case you'd need to avoid stepping on Darigan and possibly Maraquan territory (why is there even a Mara Acara? Aren't Acaras amphibious anyway?)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Chomby and nimmo look like the one ones with most potential. And i wouldn't rule poogle out - it could look like a nice big blob of something :P

I'm guessing Ogrin though.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

There was supposed to be a Mutant Wocky this past year, but it was never released. We may see that.
But, I'm kinda intrigued to see a Mutant Nimmo.

I'm just hoping we'll see a Mutant drawn by whoever drew the Pteri, Kau, etc. The one who did the Uni...eh, it was disappointing.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

ooh Zebru, good idea. I'd love to see a mutant chomby, especially if it's done by the same person who did the amazing Darigan one!
Felid

Post by Felid »

My guess is that we'll get the long-delayed Mutant Wocky - see transmogrification potion below:

- and that it will be done by the artist who did the Mutant Uni...unfortunately :-(

It seems likely that the artist responsible for the awesome mutants of recent times (Kau/Pteri/Eyrie/Peophin) is no longer working for Neopets...

Mutants are my favourite Neopets, so I really hope I'm wrong on both counts!!
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Felid wrote:My guess is that we'll get the long-delayed Mutant Wocky - see transmogrification potion below:

- and that it will be done by the artist who did the Mutant Uni...unfortunately :-(

It seems likely that the artist responsible for the awesome mutants of recent times (Kau/Pteri/Eyrie/Peophin) is no longer working for Neopets...

Mutants are my favourite Neopets, so I really hope I'm wrong on both counts!!
Unfortunately, you are right that the person responsible for the Pteri, Eyrie, and Peophin is no longer employed by them. I know this because I watch her on Deviant Art.
Felid

Post by Felid »

Nogitsune wrote:
Unfortunately, you are right that the person responsible for the Pteri, Eyrie, and Peophin is no longer employed by them. I know this because I watch her on Deviant Art.
That's a real shame. I'm guess Neopets will never again have that level of design sophistication in their pet art. Might I ask the name of the artist on DeviantArt? I'd love to see more of her work!

UPDATE:
I've just managed to find her on DeviantArt...this would suggest that she wasn't the artist responsible for the Mutant Kau, which I find very surprising as it seems to share the same aesthetic as the Eyrie/Peo/Pteri....interesting to read that she considers the Mutant Eyrie to be her best work too and equally interesting to read how little time the artists are given to create their designs....on the plus side maybe this means that the Kau's artist is still working for Neopets somewhere!?
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Felid wrote: That's a real shame. I'm guess Neopets will never again have that level of design sophistication in their pet art. Might I ask the name of the artist on DeviantArt? I'd love to see more of her work!

UPDATE:
I've just managed to find her on DeviantArt...this would suggest that she wasn't the artist responsible for the Mutant Kau, which I find very surprising as it seems to share the same aesthetic as the Eyrie/Peo/Pteri....interesting to read that she considers the Mutant Eyrie to be her best work too and equally interesting to read how little time the artists are given to create their designs....on the plus side maybe this means that the Kau's artist is still working for Neopets somewhere!?
It could be the creator of the Mutant Kau is still working at Neopets. I was reluctant to give out the name of the artist or a direct link, lest she be overwhelmed by people begging for art or similar.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Aww, shame that she quit the staff. She's extremely creative, and I wish some of the artists on Neo were like that. She redefines the "Quality, not quantity" saying, in my book at least.

Well, it's not the end of the world. There will be more artists like her that might come and go with time.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

TNT are notorious for not releasing things like that. So i'm guessing Acara.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i hope for the acara to make its appearance and a two headed chomby would be super cool why should the hissis have all the fun ?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Not a lot of pets left to be mutated..: x
Image Image
ImageImage