Can you get NC boxes without buying a friggin' card?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Madge

Can you get NC boxes without buying a friggin' card?

Post by Madge »

I recently decided to go crazy and buy the latest MME and the items just finished. I was thrilled with it because the background and garland that I got from it would be perfect for my peophin on my side account. I just assumed I could spend money on those NC gift boxes to send the items to side accounts which I remember doing before, but apparently I remembered wrong because I can't seem to do that.

Does anyone know if there's any way to get NC gift boxes without buying the neocash card? According to the FAQ there isn't, but I'm kind of being hopeful =/

On a related note, if it turns out there's no choice, anyone want to buy me a $10 NC card so I can get those friggin' items to my side account and then waste my money on frivolous neocash purchases? :P (I'll pay you back, you have paypal or something, right? Or I can give you a US$25 Kiva voucher if you want to loan it to some guy in the third world and then he pays it back to you)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Can you get NC boxes without buying a friggin' card?

Post by Marah »

Madge sometimes Nc boxes are given away in the NC mall, I think we had 2 or 3 so far. You haven't picked one of those up by any chance?
So maybe if you are patient they will put a box in the mall again, and you can move some stuff around. No telling when and if that will happen unfortunately.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Yeah, they usually give a free box away on holidays/events. I think the last one was during the Easter festival...I bet there will be one or two at Christmas if you're feeling patient!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Halloween might have one too, which isn't too far away.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

And sometimes now with the caps I hear tell they can give boxes out. That means buying something that could result in junk, but it's another possible option. I believe it's only specific, special caps that can drop boxes.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Madge

Post by Madge »

Well somebody lovely and nice sent me a birthday mystery capsule which gave me a gift box *and* some items, which was pretty damn nice of them!

I couldn't neomail them and thank them because they only accept mail from neofriends so thankyou to that nice person who obviously knows who they are :D

I wish TNT would let me buy items that will encourage me to buy more items >=(
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Using my modly powers to bump this to tell Madge, and anyone else who is interested, that the NC Mall currently has Fall Gift Box Mystery Capsules in stock for 200nc. They give out random junk and a gift box.

They're only on sale through the 30th though, so if you're interested, you might want to hurry. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Madge

Post by Madge »

My friend's brother who lives in the US is buying me a neocash card - mostly because I want to make my friend's brother buy a neocash card!

But thankyou for letting me know :).