Faerie Festival

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.

Will Neopets make a Faerie Lutari for the Faerie Festival?

Poll ended at 20 Sep 2010 08:15 pm

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 21

Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Faerie Festival

Post by Nogitsune »

Last year around this time we got the Faerie Hissi Image

The Faerie Skeith Image has also been released, leaving but one lonesome pet that cannot be painted Faerie: the Lutari Image

A Faerie Lutari, prerevamp, would probably have been a thing of wonder given its pose. Now it's most likely going to be a thing with wing tacked on its back--if they bother to create it at all.

Any best hopes for a Faerie Lutari?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kantark

Re: Faerie Festival

Post by Kantark »

Ooh... I did not realise this! Maybe, finally, the Lutari will receive a little attention. I'm hopeful :-)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

-sighs- Lutaris were much prettier before customization, but ah well. Can't turn back time.
I can assure you that we will most likely be seeing a Faerie Lutari this year. It feels like it's been forever since we've seen a new one. It'll be interesting, I guess. o.o
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i agree with you pyrostatic i liked lutaris better pre custom i hope if they do get faerie it is something to drool over
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I don't hold much hope for Lutaris getting much love at all except on a specific day devoted to them.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I think it's really funny how evenly split the poll results are. I don't see how they could NOT make a faerie Lutari-- but then again, new Lutari colors are few and far between. That whole species has been a problem ever since the first image showed up on the servers, forever and a day before the disastrous cell phone tie in thing.

I don't have any Lutaris anymore, and don't like the new pose, so it shouldn't really matter to me either way. But I'm curious to see how TNT will handle it, and what will happen next year for faerie festival if a faerie Lutari is released! No new faerie pets, ever? Seems so strange.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm betting no because of what Fjorab said. It'd be nice to be surprised. Potentially, anyway. ;P
Image Image
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Hmm...Lutaris are rather...what's the word...worst pet ever created? Not because they are or were cute or whatever.

You can't create them in any way. The Lutari Island phone thing is gone.
You can't abandon or transfer them, as they run away (at least, I don't think you can transfer).
There are no MPs or a TP. I doubt we'll see any of those, as well as any magical plushies.
You can only zap for one, which is rather a pain to zap specifically. Chances are slim.

Anything I'm missing? x.x;
EofS

Post by EofS »

Am I imagining things, or is there actually precedent for them simply not releasing a pet on a theme day? I had a feeling there was a case of this, but am not sure what it was.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Does the cell phone game you needed to make Lutaris even exist anymore?
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Nope, I heard they got rid of it since they weren't making the money off the whole mobile thing. But I did find that Lutaris are released on their day, so it's not so bad, but considering they come in few, few colours, I still stand by my statement.
It's rather frustrating, but after the release of the Baby Krawk, anything is possible for this species.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

EofS wrote:Am I imagining things, or is there actually precedent for them simply not releasing a pet on a theme day? I had a feeling there was a case of this, but am not sure what it was.
There wasn't a new Tyrannian pet on Tyrannia Victory Day this year. There was one last year, and not one the year before (if memory serves). I think this may have occurred a couple other times too. Then there are times when we only get one pet colour on the pet's day (which happened with the Kiko in the year they sat out of the Altador Cup) or when TNT forgets to put the colours at the pool right away (which tends to happen when the colours are released near a weekend).
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I thought there was the Tyrannian Gelert? o.0
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Nope, the Gelert was for Gelert day. :)
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Ah...now I remember. That's true.