The Lutari Paint Brush

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Elucifer

The Lutari Paint Brush

Post by Elucifer »

Yes. I've been a lurker for a few years now, and while looking through a Neo help site, I found an article about the release of the Lutari back in...2006? It said that there was going to be a mass release of items, the species and of course, a new colour. But the appearance of said new colour never happened. The Paint Brush is still around and in circulation (somehow), but it's of no use.

Do you think, that with the artists of Neo desperately seeking new colour ideas, the Lutari Island colour will reappear? Will it have the same look as the Kacheek below? Or will it be something revamped, kinda like how Relic and Ice are rehashes of Stone and Glass respectively? What do you guys think?

Image Image
Fury

Re: The Lutari Paint Brush

Post by Fury »

Hello lurker! :D

Personally, I hope they release this colour at some point. I don't believe it'll be called Lutari Island, however, seeing as how the whole Lutari Island thing was related to a Mobile Game that doesn't exist anymore. Maybe (hopefully) TNT will release this under a new name and some snazzy new art. I like the idea of a new funky design indian/tribal colour. WITH FEATHERS.
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

Haha, I agree! But who knows, they may try to bring back Lutari Island and make it accessible to everyone. Dunno, guess I'm a little too optimistic. xD;
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I don't think this color is ever coming back, nor will the paintbrushes be activated. I think the whole thing was a failed experiment to generate some kind of income, and the NC mall has proved a far more lucrative and better model. Who knows how much of this stuff is wrapped up in that contract-- to me I'm sure it's all sticky, the fact that it's been dormant this long speaks volumes. If anything ever comes of it it'll be years from now.

It's too bad really, there was plenty of anticipation for this stuff, and then it was just kind of out of sight, out of mind.
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

I dunno, it's been 4 years right? The Lutari was definitely one pet that took the longest to be official, so that might be the case with this colour. -shrugs-