French RW- Is worth a UC?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Hittnut

French RW- Is worth a UC?

Post by Hittnut »

Hello there! After a long time I decided to stop lurking and actually post something that's bugging me.

I own Connait, a blue Peophin. Her name means 'to know' in french. I was told foreign names were not considered RW, but I got a nice offer for her: a converted Darigan Korbat. I'm seeking permies after a year long hiatus because of my main account being scammed (Haven't got it back yet, but I have faith on the ticket system :b) I'm already convinced to trade, but my sister insists she's worth a lot more, probably even an UC pet. I'm a little rusty after a year out of Neo, so if someone could confirm or deny that, I would appreciate it very much!
Rah

Re: French RW- Is worth a UC?

Post by Rah »

I don't think she is worth an UC...well, have you tried the french boards? I have no idea how it is between the different language communities! If you're not sure I'd post boards just asking the pound chat what they think, the regulars will tell you what to expect :)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Well, there are plenty of French-speaking users of Neopets, and I'm sure they would consider it RW ;-) Whether her name is unusual enough to warrant a UC pet I cannot say. Maybe find a French or Canadian Neo community and ask/offer there? Sorry, I'm not being of much assistance here :-(
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Hmmm. Maybe a lower-end UC, like mutant or DN, but "she knows" probably won't get you far with native speakers or affluent ones. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Hittnut

Post by Hittnut »

Thank you guys for the informations! :D Well, I posted on the french boards, let's see what they think. I'll probably go with the Korbat if no UCs are proposed, I really like his name. :3
Hmmm. Maybe a lower-end UC, like mutant or DN, but "she knows" probably won't get you far with native speakers or affluent ones. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Well, I like it xD But I'll completely understand if it's not worth much.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Apparently I'm just a fan of the cliché and mundane. (I would've been all over Louvre, Chateau, or Boules. I tried trading for "Souberyan" once (UC tyrannian blumaroo), but she wanted a draik, so I just made him on Subeta.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm a french user, and I can tell you pets like that are dime a dozen on the french boards. There are no shortage with verb tenses and adverbs, so they really don't go for much.

I highly doubt you'll get much better, to be frank.
Hittnut

Post by Hittnut »

Thanks folks for all the answers! I'm getting the Korbat and planning to put my hands on those Batman wearables... :mrgreen: