The Purge

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

The Purge

Post by thelonetiel »

This has been scheduled for a while, but is finally occurring on Neopets. There have been some awesome pets created, and I thought I'd post here in case anyone is aching for some new real word names. :D This has been going on slowly for the past week or two, so it looks like it'll take a while.

Two FAQS:
http://www.neopets.com/~Ihmzadi
http://www.neopets.com/~senno

Apparently, it is alphabetical by account name and at time of posting, the account Alexander4 was just cleared.
Iggy

Re: The Purge

Post by Iggy »

Accounts I'm waiting for are a LA and KA, so that may take a while. :D

I deleted my old screenies, so I don't remember where my old pokeymans names are on, but I know there is a bunch of desirable ones. Account frozen since 2005.
SORRY FOLKS.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Anyone know how fast it's moving? My stalkee begins with "angel", so you can imagine I'm kind of on edge right now. I envy somewhat the people who are stalking thirty-odd different names-- I have only the one I want, so if it goes, it goes.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

According to the Neoboards, RD, the Alicen usernames are currently clearing. Considering it was Alex last night, it might still be a bit.

If you go to Pound Chat, there's been fairly consistently a board titled something like "Untaken purge names/usernames (discussion/chat) board #" that lists the currently clearing usernames in the first post. Or if you read through the board, you can get it more accurate, but I think new boards are made often enough you don't necessarily need to worry about it.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

At the time being (December 30th, noon NST), the purge is getting closer to the account names starting by J.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I created a pet called Neopets today. First thing from my short names stalking list that actually cleared while I was awake.
Have no idea what I feel about it yet. On one hand, it is the name of the site, on the other it's plural so it doesn't feel like a "name" really.
Figures I'd catch the only one I was ambivalent about.
Last edited by zebru on 01 Jan 2011 06:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

Is there a method into getting a 5 letter username? There's one I really want, but I can't get it because it's only 5 letters, and the requirement is 6-20. x.x
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Elucifer wrote:Is there a method into getting a 5 letter username? There's one I really want, but I can't get it because it's only 5 letters, and the requirement is 6-20. x.x
From one of purge FAQs:
3. You cannot create accounts with less than six characters.
I'm not sure why they changed that. Can't really see the logic behind it.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. There are so many good 5 letter real words available, but no one can ever get them. x.x
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I got the first purge name that I stalked yesterday. I was avoiding the whole thing, seemed like a lot of work, but then I started thinking of names I wanted and well. Came up with a long list. The first one on my list was Helo, and I got him.

Neopets is a really cool name, Zebru.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Yeah, I wanted the account cadro and cannot get it, but oh well.

I traded for the cleared pet Jester, btw.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I saw Jester on the boards, Iggy! That wasn't you, was it? Pet was UFT at the time.

Glad to see on the lookup you are making him a Blumaroo, no other choice really.

Looked quite fetching with the avatar I must say. Congratulations!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

No, it wasn't me!I know who it was, but it's not me!My purge gets are rather lackluster, I got a pokemon name account and a hockey name and that's it!

I traded Sydney for Jester, though!

Haha. Now to find a Blumaroo TP seller, none are answering to me!
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Jester is a lovely name Iggy :)

I managed to snag the pet name Magma. I also got the account eclipse, which I didn't realise was a Twilight-related word until after I created it and got several comments asking if I was a Twilight fan. And there was me thinking it was just a pretty word!
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

hebdenhippy wrote:Jester is a lovely name Iggy :)

I managed to snag the pet name Magma. I also got the account eclipse, which I didn't realise was a Twilight-related word until after I created it and got several comments asking if I was a Twilight fan. And there was me thinking it was just a pretty word!

good lord i get this all the time about my uni twilightindigo i just think HELLO *points to shield* the pet is now 8 1/2 YEARS OLD NOW!! :x

i named her after a gemstone in a choose your own adventure book form the D&D series by TSR inc.

by the way the account name silvermoonstardragon will be up for grabs soon and the pet name bluedreamstar will be up as well it is an old account of my sister that she no longer has the pass worrd/e mail for.